what type of lurcher

what makes you so sure? yes they are a banned breed but thats where the bullgreyhound has lost its trate in the field english bulls are not the bullterrier they once were they are bred now for show purposes and not for working same with the staff, dont get me wrong some staff still have the working trate but few and far between have what it takes. the pitbull terrier and bullgreryhound creates the unlitmate cross.

Hi sorry yes i am a novice in the lurchers but not in bull terriers especially the pitbull terrier. and the bullgreyhound was always crossed with the pitbull terrier for its courage and its athleticism and amazing ability for wind and stamina. i no of pitbull terriers that have had the wind of top running greyhounds so surely that would be the bet i just wasnt sure on why a bedlington terrier would be threw into the mix. nor was i sure that english bulls where bred also i was just wondering what trate these fetch'd to the cross.

Greyhounds are not renowned for stamina, they're sprinters.

• Like 1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually, I take back my last post.... my dogs got a right hiding off this fella over the weekend!   If only they had had bull in them!  

So in the first post your saying you're a bit of a novice, then in your next your saying the APBT and bull/greyhound make the ultimate x.........being in your own words "a novice" how would you KNOW w

And not only that but gameness is basically a state of mind at that particular time. I will guarantee that even in the gamest of the game bulldogs they will show signs and or make funny moves if ever

well had few lurchers over the years, got 2 1xs now , Bryn colliex grey 5 year old, and Buck 1 x gsd x grey pup. As a rabbitng dog Bryn is great day+ night prob my best so far, Buck no idea just a big lump so far lol. But i have seen some very good lurcher to lurcher bred dogs work , which could do varied quary. So maybe lurcher to lurcher bred dogs as more of a alrounder, and 1xs as more certain quarry .!

Your collie x greyhound has he never been tested on other quarry or is he just a rabbiting type of lurcher as in lamping and ferreting i have seen good xs of that kind take all manor of game over the years. And yes your right bird lurcher to lurcher bred dogs have the advantage over 1st xs and better staying power

yeh just rabbit dog really, and good'un . But when been out just mooching with mates and there dogs, he will tackle anything he finds .maybe comp with the other dogs , who knows. I had another colliex grey Blaze before the Ban, and loved foxes lol, ok on rabbits but not as good as Bryn, colliexs can be strange dogs.Gsdx greys are supposed to be differrnt to colliexs alot more tenacity fire in there belly time will tell

only read the first page,, was out way a 19tts beddygrey last night an no f*****g about 1rst run, big bad bold stamina, who gives a feck when the,ve got the hart they aint surrendering to nothing..aint that dogs for you,,,,,

what makes you so sure? yes they are a banned breed but thats where the bullgreyhound has lost its trate in the field english bulls are not the bullterrier they once were they are bred now for show purposes and not for working same with the staff, dont get me wrong some staff still have the working trate but few and far between have what it takes. the pitbull terrier and bullgreryhound creates the unlitmate cross.

Hi sorry yes i am a novice in the lurchers but not in bull terriers especially the pitbull terrier. and the bullgreyhound was always crossed with the pitbull terrier for its courage and its athleticism and amazing ability for wind and stamina. i no of pitbull terriers that have had the wind of top running greyhounds so surely that would be the bet i just wasnt sure on why a bedlington terrier would be threw into the mix. nor was i sure that english bulls where bred also i was just wondering what trate these fetch'd to the cross.

I said wind mate, where did i say greyhounds where not sprinters :s they are certain pitbull's that have oxygen assimilation capabilities (as assessed via VO2 max) equivalent to top Greyhounds. surely that is why the pitbull terrier is best with the bullgreyhound along with there other atributes. i'm not getting into a debate i'm just saying the pitbull terrier is by a long shot the best cross to make the 1st cross bullgreyhounds, true denman what does the beddlington bring to the cross gameness?

well had few lurchers over the years, got 2 1xs now , Bryn colliex grey 5 year old, and Buck 1 x gsd x grey pup. As a rabbitng dog Bryn is great day+ night prob my best so far, Buck no idea just a big lump so far lol. But i have seen some very good lurcher to lurcher bred dogs work , which could do varied quary. So maybe lurcher to lurcher bred dogs as more of a alrounder, and 1xs as more certain quarry .!

Your collie x greyhound has he never been tested on other quarry or is he just a rabbiting type of lurcher as in lamping and ferreting i have seen good xs of that kind take all manor of game over the years. And yes your right bird lurcher to lurcher bred dogs have the advantage over 1st xs and better staying power

yeh just rabbit dog really, and good'un . But when been out just mooching with mates and there dogs, he will tackle anything he finds .maybe comp with the other dogs , who knows. I had another colliex grey Blaze before the Ban, and loved foxes lol, ok on rabbits but not as good as Bryn, colliexs can be strange dogs.Gsdx greys are supposed to be differrnt to colliexs alot more tenacity fire in there belly time will tell

I have seen a couple of gsd xs work over the years and there good dogs big a bold and will chalange most quarry but some do lack teeth on some quarry fox pre ban dont like being bitten and other quite enjoy it how old is your gsd x bird and good luck with him / her

I said wind mate, where did i say greyhounds where not sprinters :s they are certain pitbull's that have oxygen assimilation capabilities (as assessed via VO2 max) equivalent to top Greyhounds. surely that is why the pitbull terrier is best with the bullgreyhound along with there other atributes. i'm not getting into a debate i'm just saying the pitbull terrier is by a long shot the best cross to make the 1st cross bullgreyhounds, true denman what does the beddlington bring to the cross gameness?

Listen mate, a pit bull may bring a lot of stuff to a greyhound when bred BUT I'll bet you a pound to a penny they ain't putting the bull over the grey for wind.......when somebody says bull x they usually mean apbt though some do use staffs and ebt's.

there putting the apbt over the greyhound for every attribute wind/stamina/gameness/mouth/heart/determanation/athleticism you name it the pitbull terrier brings every attribute to the bullgreyhound if you have a real bullgreyhound there is no need for the bedlington terrier or any other dog to be in there for certain quary.

• Like 1

I have seen a couple of gsd xs work over the years and there good dogs big a bold and will chalange most quarry but some do lack teeth on some quarry fox pre ban dont like being bitten and other quite enjoy it how old is your gsd x bird and good luck with him / her

thanks mate, Buck only pup 5 months old, he big lump he is on here a post (brassneck) put on. You prob right regards facing teeth some dogs will and some not, but as said of the 2 xs pre ban you got more chance of a gsdx grey wanting the job than the colliex.? I suppose it just pot luck the pup you pick, which as the most tenacity :yes: Your dog sounds like a good x, send me a pic would like to have a look :thumbs:

there putting the apbt over the greyhound for every attribute wind/stamina/gameness/mouth/heart/determanation/athleticism you name it the pitbull terrier brings every attribute to the bullgreyhound if you have a real bullgreyhound there is no need for the bedlington terrier or any other dog to be in there for certain quary.

curtis i got to add this to your argument but not all pits are suitable for lurcher production,i would also like to ask you what is the difference between a apbt and a genuine working stafford ie what other breeds are used in there make up to make them different,

i can add this i know the difference in the majority of the two breeds when it comes to structure or build but that is the majority not all.

i am still trying to master the art of these computers not mastered photos as yet once i do i will message you bird

ok i sent you a pm , pic of Buck and Bryn, i use photo bucket, its piss easy mate :thumbs:

What type of lurcher do you use is it for brains . Power . Energy . I own in my eyes the best type power brains and got lungs to last all night collie saluki whippet bull greyhound can work day and night great with ferrets cattle and people

Well for brains theirs the collie. Power a bull x and energy a saluki but any dog can have brains with the right training power comes naturally but isnt really need unless you're killing big game and energy well just get your dog fit and its fine. I use a saluki x bull x grey good dog pretty fast, runs for fun and is strong as anything due to the bull in him atb.