BeaglexBasset

why would you want slow hounds,?

They are not as slow as you would think they suit a purpose and terrain better here than foxhounds do i find them alot easier, ive hunted fox hounds and basset/beagles where i live and what i hunt and the basset/beagles are better so a matter of personel preference i would say, i was quiet blind and mocked smaller hounds when i hunted bigger hound's and ive eaten my word's a few time's i cant see me ever hunting foxhound's again and sticking with these they really are much more fun and enjoyable and not so much a chore :thumbs:

Totally agree with you hedz,

i hunt a pack of beagles and when they get going you cant keep up with them, i'm not saying there as fast as foxhounds but they can get through thick cover,bramble,thorn,gorse etc before a foxhounds thinking about it :thumbs:

It's surprising how the smaller hound's can put pressure on "the drag" in thick cover ;)

i'm certainly not knocking foxhound's in anyway, you need the right type of hound for the land you hunt :yes: and the one that suit's you,(kenneling,transport etc)

for example you wouldn't want a "heavy" built foxhound hunting the fell's, he wouldn't last too many season's !!!

Good hunting, Stando

• Like 2

They are not as slow as you would think they suit a purpose and terrain better here than foxhounds do i find them alot easier, ive hunted fox hounds and basset/beagles where i live and what i hunt and the basset/beagles are better so a matter of personel preference i would say, i was quiet blind and mocked smaller hounds when i hunted bigger hound's and ive eaten my word's a few time's i cant see me ever hunting foxhound's again and sticking with these they really are much more fun and enjoyable and not so much a chore :thumbs:

hedz am not saying there slow i was wondering why he wanted slow hounds,atb wf

WF - I think he said slower and not slow. For me the simple answer is some men like to watch and hear they're hounds hunting. Others seem content with a quick burst of music over a hill and then paddle like fcuk to find and keep in with them while they're two valleys away :huh::laugh: Horses for courses but theres nout wrong with wanting slower to hounds to able to enjoy your sport more. Oh.. and don't confuse pace with drive ;)

WF - I think he said slower and not slow. For me the simple answer is some men like to watch and hear they're hounds hunting. Others seem content with a quick burst of music over a hill and then paddle like fcuk to find and keep in with them while they're two valleys away :huh::laugh: Horses for courses but theres nout wrong with wanting slower to hounds to able to enjoy your sport more. Oh.. and don't confuse pace with drive ;)

no probs,atb wf

They aint slow at all when they get going :laugh: very fun to watch in forestry easier on the legs than foxhounds but still very easy for them to get away if ye dont know the land :thumbs:

would they have the stamina for a long days chasing say 6,7 8 hrs hunting and chasing?

They aint slow at all when they get going :laugh: very fun to watch in forestry easier on the legs than foxhounds but still very easy for them to get away if ye dont know the land :thumbs:

would they have the stamina for a long days chasing say 6,7 8 hrs hunting and chasing?

yes mate they have they will go all day no bother and do it regular :thumbs:
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...