starving in africa let them know its xmas

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you listen to the stats been passed about by the oxfam etc ads, then you would realise that the amount of infancy mortality is massive, reason being is that people have too many children, spreading

Problem Solved

Yes, Many are starving, and can be seen daily, scavenging through the bins for food, pulling themselves up the road on their bums 'cos they have no legs 'cos of land mines etc. BUT, Why they have t

Yes,

Many are starving, and can be seen daily, scavenging through the bins for food, pulling themselves up the road on their bums 'cos they have no legs 'cos of land mines etc.

BUT,

Why they have to plead to us (UK etc) for £££ is beyond me.....

I am here in Luanda, Angola right Now, and the place is stinking with £££££££.

It's not our ( UK / europe /USA) fault the country is in such a state.

They have Oil / Diamonds / MAGIC climate, beaches etc which could give them a tremendous income from tourism.......but the wealth is not very well distributed, (actually makes you gratefull 'ish' of our TAX system) :icon_eek: .

There have been some dramatic changes in the last few years.......but a LOT MORE change is needed.....Which they are quite capable of funding by themselves.

• Like 1

If you listen to the stats been passed about by the oxfam etc ads, then you would realise that the amount of infancy mortality is massive, reason being is that people have too many children, spreading the little what they have between a large family. They need to look after the ones they have instead of keep breeding.

Education is what they need.

That all comes from their Government, but as you can see over the years the Africans don't like each other, hence the people in charge will let them starve and die of illnesses while they live in riches and let other countries look after their people.

• Like 2

When we have a bit banter with the guys we work with and ask them why they have so many kids, they quite hapily say that it's because they may have a few die! :blink:

Lots of the guys we are around are making a 'decent' wage for here, but then they go and give it to the church!

They may need food and have little or no sanitation in their 'homes', but they 'Need' to get their hands on the latest Samsung this or 'i' that!!

We are forever being asked if we can but i-pads / phones / trainers etc.

Bales of 'Oxfam' / charity clothes are what we seem to get when we try to source rags locally. We often get bales which are all entirely new stuff.

Evolution is required. I don't think any amount of funding can force that.

yeah in the form of thick rubber johnnys does wonders for third world countrys im lead to beleive :yes::D

Sadly they choose not to use them I'm sure I read that they have them airlifted and dropped in by the crateful. As bad as I may sound (and I've been told to speak my mind) I think they could use a method a little more reliable and permanent than inner tubes with a knot tied in the end! That with an immensely high rate of HIV leaves you wondering why they would ever want to risk passing a disease they struggle to live with onto another person. Unless the evolve they will wipe themselves out one way or another. Sad but true. I'm not racist either. Just common sense I think.

yeah in the form of thick rubber johnnys does wonders for third world countrys im lead to beleive yes.gifbiggrin.png

Sadly they choose not to use them I'm sure I read that they have them airlifted and dropped in by the crateful. As bad as I may sound (and I've been told to speak my mind) I think they could use a method a little more reliable and permanent than inner tubes with a knot tied in the end! That with an immensely high rate of HIV leaves you wondering why they would ever want to risk passing a disease they struggle to live with onto another person. Unless the evolve they will wipe themselves out one way or another. Sad but true. I'm not racist either. Just common sense I think.

good post sounds good to me anyhow.... :D
  • Like 1

yeah in the form of thick rubber johnnys does wonders for third world countrys im lead to beleive yes.gifbiggrin.png

good post sounds good to me anyhow.... :D

Which surely guarantees it will piddle everyone else off! Haha! :-P

yeah in the form of thick rubber johnnys does wonders for third world countrys im lead to beleive :yes::D

the amount of aid what go,s to these country,s is just so wrong and they still ask for more .