Binocular advice please

after much trying in dimming light with various makes and seeing the differences, the ones that best suited my eyes and gave me the best light were the hawkes.

even directly compared with a pair of swaros i could not tell the difference. guess my eyes are not that great or something

so im now the proud owner of hawke frontier ed 10x43's

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Catch 22, if youve crap binos, you'll miss stuff in low light, similarly, if you buy a cheap scope, you wont pick up the target. I reckon you'd increase your sucess rate by well over 70% by buying dec

If it was me i would get a decent scope and bins on the book from Uttings or the like. That way you can have quality gear without skinting yourself in one hit.

Hutchey, tried some of the hawke bins today, very impressed how good they are for the money, the 8x43 collect more light than the 10x43 but you loose that little bit extra magnification........decitio

Have you had chance to use your frontier ED 10x43 yet? I dropped my old bino's at the weekend and there truly fubar'd, I am looking to replace them and have had a look at the Hawkes online but you can't beat first hand experience.

hi Dedger, i have actually and i am very impressed with them.

Went out after 4:15 pm the other day and looked down the field to the woodland (140yards to start of woodland and another 150 ish to end of wood and next field)

could see ok without binos but with them i could obviously see much further but the image was lighter to the point i could see a rabbit eating right through the woodland and into the far field.

i tried them early am in the mist and again was surprised with the results.

for £330 i think they are just as good as when i looked through DanW's Leica's.

Just my opinion mind.

True, I wanted to get mine from somewhere local purely for reasons of if anything went wrong then I can pop them back in with no fuss.

Same here, I don't mind paying a little extra to support local business and for the convenience of going to an actual shop should problems arrise.

Hutchey my pennies worth ! if you only want to buy once buy the best, as you progress in your stalking you will realise the bit extra the quality opics give will pay dividends in low light conditions over & over.

My personal preferance Swarovski bins & scope ,good luck

Hi Sussex, i couldnt justify the cost given that i am still only on a .22rim with land restriction, only just done DSC and with not many opportunities round here to get more into it.

I thought that if i can get into more stalking, foxing and get either more land authorisation or an open ticket and places to stalk then i'd spend the money on a good scope.

At the cost of the binos if i could afford a top notch pair that i would have opportunity to use every day or at least every week then i can sell mine without making a massive loss.

Fair play mate,its a lot of money to lay out for .22 ,i thought you were looking for stalking kit. My 1st .22 was a brno with niko sterling if my memory serves me well ,shot thousands of rounds through it, funny enough just bought another one ,gave up the ruger 10 22 could,nt be arsed with it,liked some ammogood luck didnt like others,the brno would shot doughnuts if you chamberd em......!good luck

Hutchey, tried some of the hawke bins today, very impressed how good they are for the money, the 8x43 collect more light than the 10x43 but you loose that little bit extra magnification........decitions,decitions,decitions. I am defo getting a pair though.

• Like 1

If estuaries rather than stalking is your bag then go for the 10 X (good for astro too). Woodland then the 8 x 43 win hands down. Get both, I did and as you can see for yourself, they are tremendous value. See you joined the birdforum?

Yeh, I've always been a bit of a twitcher but I love my fieldsports so I tend to do both at the same time which is ok to mention on here but I thought I'd better keep it a bit privi on the bird forum about shooting Mr Fox and Rabbit hence the need for good light capturing bins.