opinions please : airwolf vs huntsman xl

i'm sure i'm not the only one but sometimes i want to change my rifle just to try a new gun or to get the perfect setup for me. just for a change if you know what i mean.

well i'm pondering which would be the best gun to have (in peoples opinions) if price was not an issue at all and the gun be set at 32fpe. I can only afford one or the other.

either a huntsman classic xl OR an airwolf mvt with a 400cc tank?

it will be used for hunting and target shooting.

short and long range.

which one would you have and why?

Edited by riflehunter583

If i had to get a Gaystate,

It would be the Airwolf, Better shot count and heavier than the huntsman as i hate light rifles :icon_redface:

The Huntsman is a very Pretty little gun ideal if You have Noodle Arms both as accurate as each other,

But the Airwolf is more substantial and some cracking technology, Plus it looks more like a Rapid :laugh:.

atvb Daz 7.

I always want to swap and change my rifles.... I wish money was no object!

If I was to buy one and it was with my money I would go with the Airwolf

It suits FAC more IMO, Bigger bottle better shot count much sturdier than the little huntsman

ATB

Adam

had a airwolf and yes i liked it but as a hunting rifle i wouldnt rate it as high as the huntsmen.

it its a pain in the are to carry as the sling points are to close together and it dosnt balance and keeps singing around :(

when i traded it in i was looking at the huntsmen but didn't have enough cash at the time so got a hw100 very happy with it tho if i could afford to change to a gaystate huntsmen i would at a heart beat.

as for shot count my if i fill my 2 mags on my hw100 which is a total of 28 pellets its twice as much as i need for hunting.

if ur target shooting you will have you bottle beside you.

Airwolf vs Huntsman for fac, should you not be comparing the mk4 to the airwolf.

The airwolf and the huntsman are completely different, the air wolf is the obvious choice for fac between them two, but when you throw the mk4 in there, i think you get the rifle most suited to yourself, you get a great number of shots for fac hunting (50) instead of huntsman (35) plus the technology of the airwolf but with the better weight for hunting and more sporter style rifle for target/hunting.

i think you should look between airwolf & mk4 for that price range fac. or go one step further and get yourself the ultimate fac hunting rifle like i did - the edgun matador :)

when i was looking i was torn between mk4/airwolf/rapid but the length annoyed me untill i saw the matador then i instantly made my decision

scott

so how does it group?

what sort of shot count?

and how do you cope with single shot when hunting when all know that multi shot is very usful in many hunting situations.

watching ed gun on u tube i noticed how short the ed gun is. but worried that its a russion gun can you get spares for it.

so how does it group?

what sort of shot count?

and how do you cope with single shot when hunting when all know that multi shot is very usful in many hunting situations.

watching ed gun on u tube i noticed how short the ed gun is. but worried that its a russion gun can you get spares for it.

got mine at legal limit atm

does 50 fac - 200+ 12ft/lb

groups great with 5 fps spread

the single shot part is something that you get used to however ed (the owner of edgun) is currently making a multishot breach which will fit mine

as for spares there is no problem at all, there is an airgun shop in holland that ship spares next day but also edgun will soon have a representative in uk if not already. you can order spares from ed himslef but just take a little longer to come

one thing i love the most from the rifle is the customer service - ed is fantastic to say the least, ive sent dozens of emails before & after to him and he always gets back to me rather quickly despite having so much work on. since it is a small company compared to big named guns, you get a much better personal service. he even emailed me after a review i put on here to say thanks.

what sort of groups at 100 yards? or do you mean yorus is sub 12

also what sort of noise compared to shrouded airwolf?

i'm guessing they are not cheap.

i liked the look of the short length very much.

customer service wise it woul not take much to beat daystate from my experience so anything better is a bonus.

Edited by riflehunter583

Right then, lets look at the additional information gleaned from your after posts.

You want FAC power. The Huntsman is limited to around 30ft-lbs (in reality - don't believe what Daystate tell you about 40ft-lbs - yes wound right up ONCE on one gun) with limited shot count (as others have said)

You now want a reasonably short, handy, pointable rifle - that rules out the Wolf and what I was going to suggest over it, the Ranger because it is not electronic - electronics and the wet in hunting don't mix well - and do you fancy the price of an ordinary rifle in a couple of years for the motherboard? Or how about a battery at over £50 a go? Fine on the range where a 1/10th mm matters, that isn't an issue when hunting, the thickness of a pellet will do me. I have a friend with a Wolf that he uses for hunting...he has had 2 batteries in three years and one motherboard.....it tends to make one wary! He also forgot his key one day - found out when he had driven to an invite shoot 40 odd miles away. OK, total muppetry on his part, but it still meant he couldn't shoot!

For the price of an Airwolf you could get the mother of all customised Rapids. Budget £800 including the work and you will have a rifle in either .20 (my preference) or .22 that will do 30ft-lbs (.20) or up to 42ft-lbs realistically in .22 (more is just too wasteful of air, too noisy and unecessary) and hit a golf ball at 100 yards with ease. The 400cc bottle will give you 65 shots at those power levels - and the ease of getting it worked on/working on is what makes the Rapid such a sensible choice. They are built so much stronger than the Daystates and the design was just fundamentally RIGHT (which is why the R10 and Daystate bottle guns are very close copies) The Rapid is also very nicely balanced. You start with a standard rifle then send it to kev, or Phil or Big Als and it comes back like a Jedi tool - and will still be like it in 10 years time, maybe needing o-rings every few years (just like any other rifle), but other than that just keep it fed air and lead.

Edited by Acuspell

what sort of groups at 100 yards? or do you mean yorus is sub 12

also what sort of noise compared to shrouded airwolf?

i'm guessing they are not cheap.

i liked the look of the short length very much.

customer service wise it woul not take much to beat daystate from my experience so anything better is a bonus.

hi mate. yes mine is set at sub 12 at the minute as i use sub 12 the most. sub 12 noise is very quiet i have heard quieter like my old hw100 but still quiet. fac power noise i cannot speak from experience with it but from online reads etc i imagine its still quiet. the daystate + silencer in my guess would probably be quieter but its just so f*****g long and the same with the rapids fac + silencer.

There are new rapids on dealers shelves - but getting snapped up. A friend has travelled the length and breadth of the country buying them........he has 5 now. Spares and tuning no problem. Built like a tank which is why they are reliable at high power/ high pressure and big volume internals. Buy a used Rapid with confidence and get it tuned. Rifle for life.