altberg or meindl boots which do you prefere ?????

Meindl are mass produced in Eastern Europe by unskilled workers, and only assembled in Germany now, and I think it shows in the quality of the boot, from the flimsy cheap box, that used to be thick heavy heavy card, to the packing inside, then to the actual boot, it is all "at a price", there's no pride in them.

Altberg, I believe if you really wanted to, you can speak to the actual bloke who makes your actual boots, and it's all about being British made, and there is pride in them.

I won't buy Meindl again, cheap foreign shite is all they are now ..............

If you're looking at their top end boot, the Glockner, I believe this is the only boot they sell that is actually made in the old way in the old factory, so they should still be the old proper quality.

Well you did ask :laugh:

i agrre tegator, but if you go to ebay or put in british military surplus, and see the brand new goretex marine issue boot on there for £60 to £80, extreme weather ones, i'll prob be trying one of those next due to the price. I have and always used meindle dovre, and very pleased with them, but they are not cheap, but are, in my humble opinion, an extremely good boot. But each to their own i suppose.

Happy new year to you all gents

B

Meindl are mass produced in Eastern Europe by unskilled workers, and only assembled in Germany now, and I think it shows in the quality of the boot, from the flimsy cheap box, that used to be thick heavy heavy card, to the packing inside, then to the actual boot, it is all "at a price", there's no pride in them.

Altberg, I believe if you really wanted to, you can speak to the actual bloke who makes your actual boots, and it's all about being British made, and there is pride in them.

I won't buy Meindl again, cheap foreign shite is all they are now ..............

If you're looking at their top end boot, the Glockner, I believe this is the only boot they sell that is actually made in the old way in the old factory, so they should still be the old proper quality.

Well you did ask :laugh:

Cheers i appreciate your reply :yes::thumbs:

Like the look of the Altberg Stark Extreme, they would suit a lazy c**t like me down to the ground, I don't look after things. Anybody have a pair?

is that the new anti scratch yins?? i only tried the gamekeeper yins, an if it aint broke, dont change them :boogy:

Like the look of the Altberg Stark Extreme, they would suit a lazy c**t like me down to the ground, I don't look after things. Anybody have a pair?

is that the new anti scratch yins?? i only tried the gamekeeper yins, an if it aint broke, dont change them :boogy:

Ye they look similar to them diotto boots but hopefully they're a bit more durable.

Ye they look similar to them diotto boots but hopefully they're a bit more durable.

ill try a pair when these start leaking or that, can see that being a while tho :D