Blazerlite or Striker 170???

As above all. I have a Cluson Lazerlite which is a 50 watt 1 million candle power lamp and i find it an excellent wee lamp for smaller fields etc....however, i was lamping larger fields a few nights back and felt as though i could be doin with a bit more power and range.

My question is to those that have tried both lamps. As i like the Lazerlite, i was thinking about gettin a Blazerlite for the bigger fields which is double the power (100 watt 2 million candle power) of the Lazerlite or should i go for a Lightforce Striker 170?

What should i get and why?

Edited by AirgunGuy

As above all. I have a Cluson Lazerlite which is a 50 watt 1 million candle power lamp and i find it an excellent wee lamp for smaller fields etc....however, i was lamping larger fields a few nights back and felt as though i could be doin with a bit more power and range.

My question is to those that have tried both lamps. As i like the Lazerlite, i was thinking about gettin a Blazerlite for the bigger fields which is double the power (100 watt 2 million candle power) of the Lazerlite or should i go for a Lightforce Striker 170?

Just put a 100watt bulb in the lamp you already have......

Can't do that with the Lazerlite mate. If i put the 100 watt bulb in then i have to change the reflector also as the 100 watt bulb will melt the reflector....that's according to the chap at Cluson :thumbs:

put a 100watt bulb in the laserlite mate... but dont keep it on for long periods cuz the reflector tarnishes... it will let you see what its capable of!!! if u like it then u can buy the metal reflector for the blaserlite for a tenner or so, its the same fit!!

Se previous post.

I had a conversation with an engineer at Cluson and he said that if i put a 100 watt bulb in the Lazerlite it will melt the reflector very quickly. To turn the Lazerlite into a Blazerlite i would have to change the bulb and the reflector :thumbs:

• Like 1

done it for years, long before blaserlite was thought of, never had a problem until i gave it to a mate and he walked round all night with the full beam on, a hole melted in the reflector!! and keep the vents open at the back as well...

i have blaser, laser and the 170.... the 170 is better for big fields by far but i never leave home without the blaserlite, the hinged filter and secondary bulb for gates etc is priceless!!

Thanks for that mate. I do like the gate light feature on the lamp and i'm gonna buy a red filter for it. Do you use the red filter for scanning?

Looks like i'll go for a Striker 170...cheers all :thumbs:

f--k that will break your heart need to wait on a bargain :boogy: :boogy:

Thanks for that mate. I do like the gate light feature on the lamp and i'm gonna buy a red filter for it. Do you use the red filter for scanning?

Looks like i'll go for a Striker 170...cheers all :thumbs:

f--k that will break your heart need to wait on a bargain :boogy: :boogy:

Hahaha...ye know me mate. I'll get a bargain somewhere :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, then watch it melt!! Trust me, i tried it, it melted....lol.

I use the 50 watt lazerlight, 100 watt blazer and striker 170, all good lamps in certain situations, i like the lazerlights due to you being able to put them in side your jacket if you need both hands etc, handy little lamps. Striker is good for the dogs, but i do like the narrow beam of the lazers for bringing pups on when introducing to the lamp, just my opinon, they all work fine for me, just what you prefer end of the day!