mange

Guest moleman

Guest moleman

hello i was looking at one of the terriers today and it looks like she has mange and i was wondering if any off u on here would no of a good treatment also how contigous it is as ive a litter of pup which r not to far from her

Guest Fell & Moorland WTC SW area

Mange is a b*****d and will drag Pups back. Luckily it is contact only, through bedding or physical contact.

I use ivomec injectable for any cases of Mange I get. Lots of guys don't use it because Farmers say "it will kill a Collie". That is usually because they use far too big a dose on them! A Terrier only needs around 0.3ml that is 1/3 of a mil, NOT 3mil! It also kills most internal & external parasites, and used in conjunction with a good wide spectrum wormer your dogs will stay in pretty good nic'.

It is widely available and a bottle will last a long time, way past 'use by' date.

Guest Bull Cross

Ivomectin isn't a good thing to be injecting into your dog's every few month . Aludex wash is far more safe and can be got from your vet far easier . Be careful with the ivomec :unsure:

personally i would not ever use ivomec again....personally i recommend stronghold...

i use duramitex as it kills most any parasites and can also be used to clean the kennels and runs out.Just dont apply it to the dog neat as it will burn the fur off.The best way to apply it is to put 2 capfulls in a full bucket of warm water and sponge the dog down.For cleaning the runs out etc a stronger mix can be used.