Do we do the anti's work for them??

i honestly think that yes we do do the antis work for them not just the lads with bull xs but the lads who take photos of terriers in peices or terriers ragging quarry anyone whos done abit of digging knows what goes on we dont need photos of quarry being ragged banded about. alot of it will have been shot but put that picture on an antis website with a bit of their bull shit and thats aload more folks turned against our sport. its also become a lot easier for braindead city chavs to get in to terriers all you need is a bit of cash these days theres allways dogs forsale a collar and box and a shovell from the local builders merchants these young lads have no respectfor land owners or permission its just park up and crack on to them. ive recently heard of some lads who dug next to a footpath no permission ripped the quarry out with 4bullxs and then put photos all over face book of the dog in bits with the head being posotioned so you can see the knocks it took and the lurchers stood there all blooded up with lads in trainers and trackies on holding them. theres alot of damage been done to the sport by these types of lads. i regularly get told by my farmers and keepers not to torment the quarry just dig down and shoot or let run and i assure them that ive never once used a lurcher whilst digging and regularly invite them to watch so i can proove myself. we all know dogs will take the odd knock or more whilst working but holding the terriers to show it off in my opinion is one of the worst things you can do. ive got a bitch who looks like shes been having pillow fights all her life hardly a mark on her but would gladly use her infront of anybody. i think that the lads who have respect for the quarry should join together and try to stamp out these idiots who have joined the game. i dont mean to sound big headed or to try and lecture ive not been digging very long only 5 seasons tops but i was taught what i belive to be the right way and allways try to project that when i meet other folks. i could quite happlky sit outside an earth and watch a vixen feed cubs and leave her be where as some lads ive spookt to tell me they use this oppourtunity to bring on young dogs and let the lurchers pull them to peices dont get me wrong i have dug cubs for keepers but dont enjoy it. sorry for the rant its just a subject i hold dear trying to improove myself and to show other terrierlads that i always try my best to improove the face of the working terrier scene.

well said indeed,its hard to legislate for wankers, grown or semi grown men with respect for neither land nor quarry nor anything else is bad enough, but posting it all over face book is a bit much, it all boils down to attention seeking i reckon lurchers ireland is the fb page name he s selling a dvd on here i wont be purchasing anyway to the rest of you happy new year, live long and prosper most important loose lips sink ships.
  • Like 2

Closed my page today, shame as i could talk to a few good lads for next to nothing this side of the water and the other. I got sick of people talking shite and bigging themselves up "pigs and bambie" !, with fools like that in our ranks who needs anti's.

• Like 1

I had a ride out earlier. Not with dogs but to the shops and lost count of how many lurchers I saw with young lads and the majority looked bully. My wife also noticed a farm just outside burnley with a trailer in the field saying any dogs in the field will be shot! In big white letters. Can't these numb nuts see they are helping kill an already dying sport. In my experience if your right with the farmer 9 times out of 10 he is right with you. Is it worth loosing a dog, is it good to look over your shoulder all the time. And would these people who are effectively poaching not hunting, leave a dog in earth to save their own skin? If your gonna do it, do it right!

I had a ride out earlier. Not with dogs but to the shops and lost count of how many lurchers I saw with young lads and the majority looked bully. My wife also noticed a farm just outside burnley with a trailer in the field saying any dogs in the field will be shot! In big white letters. Can't these numb nuts see they are helping kill an already dying sport. In my experience if your right with the farmer 9 times out of 10 he is right with you. Is it worth loosing a dog, is it good to look over your shoulder all the time. And would these people who are effectively poaching not hunting, leave a dog in earth to save their own skin? If your gonna do it, do it right!

A lot of young lads have lurchers,keep them in good nick,train and work them in the field,thats how most of us started,young with little experience,willing to learn and be shown the ropes.Some are scrotes,some will end up decent lads that will carry the game to the next generation.Its harder for the youngsters to gain trust and permission,usually because of the actions of other youngsters,but often the older generation that also have little respect for anything.Until permission is forthcoming these lads will find work for the mutts,some with the right attitude,most not,its always been the same with every generation.

A lot of young lads have lurchers,keep them in good nick,train and work them in the field,thats how most of us started,young with little experience,willing to learn and be shown the ropes.Some are scrotes,some will end up decent lads that will carry the game to the next generation.Its harder for the youngsters to gain trust and permission,usually because of the actions of other youngsters,but often the older generation that also have little respect for anything.Until permission is forthcoming these lads will find work for the mutts,some with the right attitude,most not,its always been the same with every generation.

well.... true i really cant argue with that!