applying for jobs??

i was filling out an application form the other day and a few i've seen have a question about "hobbies and interests", on most i have put i enjoy out door activities, getting out with the kids mooching and shooting.

i've put this on nearly 50+ application forms and only ever had 1 interview, the gaffa was into shooting but think he only got a r10 to please his boss as the bunnies were digging everywhere ect its just a shame he was a cock and the power of management didnt half go to his head.

I for the first time only put going out with the kids for a mooch down the old railway line, across the feilds and around a local woods. anyway i asked a job adviser to contact the employer to see how i got on and she said she's put a tick on my cv to go for an interview in the new year :D

anyway my question is do you think it may have put employers off that i was into shooting ect if they're agains hunting / anti's or is it just 1 of those things??

would you put your into ferreting / shooting / ratting / lamping ect or would you miss that out incase it puts off the employer??

• Like 1

Keep out I'd say just tell them you like out door activities clay pigeon shooting and cannoing some shit like that you have to bull shit on application forms atb Jim

what kind of job are you going for ?

Keep out I'd say just tell them you like out door activities clay pigeon shooting and cannoing some shit like that you have to bull shit on application forms atb Jim

i've applied for all kids of jobs warehousing / flt drivers / carehome / factory work / carpark attendant / trolley collector i've tried a good few .. ... ... ... ... but the 1 i've gone for now is for an amusment company which i have no experiance in but from what the adviser said she was keen to see me.

Put something clever- natural history, dealing in old books, studying history

Something active- walking, running

Something team orientated- rugby, football

Something unusual/different/interesting- clay shooting, dog training, star gazing.

Something your just taking up (so they cant catch you out when you dont know any)-languages

Bollocks to all this "I'm a proud hunting man and I'm not afraid to admit it!" lark! It DOES have an affect on your employability and in 99% of cases I would say that it has a negative affect. It's just not worth the risk IMO. Tell who ya like when you have a contract, but at the application/interview stage I don't feel there is much to be gained by anouncing your enjoyment of hunting.

• Like 2

i've applied for all kids of jobs warehousing / flt drivers / carehome / factory work / carpark attendant / trolley collector i've tried a good few .. ... ... ... ... but the 1 i've gone for now is for an amusment company which i have no experiance in but from what the adviser said she was keen to see me.

all the very best finding a job lad least your trying have you walked round your building sites asking ? Ask for the contracts manager or site agent if he says there's no jobs go back in 2 weeks and ask again and keep on doing that . All the best . keep us posted lad

all the very best finding a job lad least your trying have you walked round your building sites asking ? Ask for the contracts manager or site agent if he says there's no jobs go back in 2 weeks and ask again and keep on doing that . All the best . keep us posted lad

i had my rough terrain / telescopic / reach / counter balance / pedestrian but all ran out in aug, so im just an average joe until i get them all renewed.

a good cv is the key and 9 times out of ten they dont check up./...

on that note i've seen a few gynaecologist jobs on nhs direct jobs page, might be able to fill i life long dream :hmm: :hmm:

yeah i know what your saying the use or spelling of a wrong word will stop you in your shoes before your started