brindle patterdale

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this pup was given to a lad from this site had his first dig lastweek 1/4 bull

Gameness is not heart, gameness is the willingness to go in and mix. Heart is sticking at it until the end of the job

The game bit is the bull, but the dog has to back it up with heart. Terriers dont need bull, if they do, then theyre no good. This section just turnin into a bull x section like the lurcher area of th

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Apache... said:

Are them two related TRG?

100% not that’s an insult to the black bitch? brindle Bitch walked when the going got tough after an easy first season, black bitch died at 5 doing what there bred for after 4 loyal years of graft. 

Patterdale? Lol

. imo is just like any good line/type..may that be black white chocs or even a different variation..not really a breed per say .

because lets be honest they will be when looked back far enough a mix of a lot of things from a long time ago.. 

if it's a well established line they will be breeding to type as in first and foremost work, then after a while they all start looking like peas in a pod if done correctly...

for example if 30 years ago you were into terriers and you were at a show you could tell a gould terrier..not a diluted orange juice that the masses were producing back then forget about the rose tinted glasses its the same in 2019 as it was in 1999 ...but real stuff from kens yard.. you could tell..

same as nuttalls.. but to be honest in NI in them days  me personally didn't dig or hear much of nuttalls.. until later.

long story short...if you know the history of the proper line from the genuine stuff...

you could be at a dog show lets say.. a fella walks past who you don't know from adam  he has a terrier just by looks and confirmation 9/10  you could stop him and say nice terrier it looks like a such and such and it ends up he mixes in the same sort of  circle but maybe will be the other end of the country or different country.

, and in the end up  it will be a brother sister cousin or same lines but with different men going in different directions but still keeping it close....  meaning same genetics just it seems in the right circles its a need to know basis with folks I know...no flapping gums about folk.. unless you need to know...

As for bull in ALL patterdales as you call them dilly...

the ones I know that are doing the work well to a standard consistently  every time and reproducing the same...have bull in them... but haven't had an actual bull in the line since the first initial x back at the big bang theory lol...

• Like 2

I’d imagine it’s easy to look back and say Gould had a type back then, but surely the older men of that era would have looked at Gould’s dogs and said ‘can see the Stacey and Cowan (for example) stuff in them’.I don’t think a type or style of terrier is appreciated until a couple of decades have passed and you see it all come together further down the line.

• Like 3
On 20/05/2019 at 08:27, Rabbit Hunter said:

I’d imagine it’s easy to look back and say Gould had a type back then, but surely the older men of that era would have looked at Gould’s dogs and said ‘can see the Stacey and Cowan (for example) stuff in them’.I don’t think a type or style of terrier is appreciated until a couple of decades have passed and you see it all come together further down the line.

Ok.. but my post in a cryptic way was saying more like... the men that myself and you mentioned, we're breeding terriers more than working them...they were NOT testing them their selves. lets be honest and selling them.. so decades later good men now a days you couldn't buy a terrier from them... so if you can't buy.. and your walking past a clone of your own terriers at a show...??

• Like 1
On 19/05/2019 at 19:14, BIG TRG said:

100% not that’s an insult to the black bitch? brindle Bitch walked when the going got tough after an easy first season, black bitch died at 5 doing what there bred for after 4 loyal years of graft. 

Tough guy terrier comments on here are hilarious. "Walked when the going got tough" you fight a fox underground lets see how tough you are ?

12 hours ago, sambo123 said:

Tough guy terrier comments on here are hilarious. "Walked when the going got tough" you fight a fox underground lets see how tough you are ?

It’s no the terriers job to fight it fella, just hold it there for aslong as it takes to dig it, but it didn’t have it in the dog to tango when the pressure got put on it, educate yourself a bit then come back with yer shite patter 

• Like 3