Anybody got any bedlington x whippets?

My bitch is beddy sire, x 3/4 whipp 1/4 grey 23". Made a decent ferreting dog, although turned out a bit to small at 18 1/2", i like a dog around 22-23" best so if i ever got another first cross i would only go for the beddy x grey, I was looking for 1 before i got my bitch and i could not find one anywhere. I was hopeing my bitch would have made about 21". I would never swap my little bitch though and my next ferreting dog will probably be bred from her and either a working whippet or a whippet/greyhound. Beddy cross might not be everyones kind of dog, they can be a little headstrong, but any i have seen have been keen as hell, that is what i like about them. Just my personal opinion but i dont class my bitch as a lurcher, i would call it a ratching dog. And i look forward to training the 3/4 bred one day for ferreting, i think it would retain the prey drive and nose, should be faster and be more easily handled. Had a beddy/grey x whippet/grey years ago and was a nice dog and a better size at 23".

megs012.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i will start then off but tend to think everyones sick of this topic its getting as bad as the saluki ones lol

Heres mine always looks heavy in pics but hes skinny as feck under that coat

Make sure there decent ones your going to see and they will open your eyes for the size of them there great we workers

Posted Images

P1000968.jpg

eodedited.jpg?t=1356174084

154.jpg

my 13 month old half cross bitch. like lifelong cumbrian, i would get a beddy grey if i ever got a cross like this again, as it would level out at big whippet size with the beddy attributes. she is a great ferreting dog i think, she is still young though so on the first warrens she is a bit excitable but soon settles down. she gets reasonable bags on the land above just bolted to her, no nets, and some of them are quite long chases, and she is only about beddy size but built like a pure whippet underneath that coat. she runs over some shitty ground and rocks i have been told would of injured other dogs, but as she is so small she just flies over it. she could do with being bigger to retrieve the big rabbits, almost as big as her :laugh:

• Like 1

i've got a 3 year old 3/4 whippet- 1/4 beddy that i got from kennel maid on here,think that was the name anyway. he is a funny little dog and i took a long time to warm to him, after i went out with bigears and saw his beddy dog working i realisedthat most ofhis funny ways came from the terrier.

He is terrifically keen, a little too much maybe and he has had some terrible injuries, he looks a bit like frankensteins dog with all his scars.

Sounds good - what sort of size would that level out at - i like a dog about 21-23" and quite lightly built?

i have 2 beddy whipp greys and ther 21tts and my we beddy whippet is 19 tts :thumbs:

my beddy/whippet is 22tts but I bet your beddy/whippet/greys will have a longer back.. :yes::thumbs:

P210909_2256_03.jpg

30-09-09_1840.jpg

P1010703.jpg