Advice on a new lurcher please

think your old man as ruined one dog best you stay away from working dogs till you know what your doing get you napper in to some books on how to raise and train a lurcher and keep your dad away from it 10 runs :laugh: atb

hes got it up for stud lol :thumbs:

:laugh: :laugh: this place is getting better by the day

It does not really matter what breed you go for mate,fair enough you may have a specific breeding in mind, but you get what you put in. Its all about finding a cross your happy with. Id go with a whippet bull x maybe but thats just personal preference... Cheers atb...b

Thanks for your advice Terrierman Sam and I totally agree with what you said about the bonding issue. Maybe if we work my dad's dog and a new dog together then the competition might encourage my dads dog? Skycat is the author Penny Taylor right? I've read lots of her articles in CMW and i've heard lots of good things about her. Can you recommend any training books?

post-64592-0-38767800-1355327286_thumb.jpg

She is indeed. She talks a lot of sense.

Hes a nice looking dog mate. Have you tried using his 'negatives' to your advantage i.e. if he hasn't go much top end but is quite nippy he might be a handy ferreting dog..? My whippet is worth his weight in gold as a ferreting dog.

I have one of Pennys books and a couple of Cesar Milans books for general training. I don't know that much though mate. I'm only 22 - there are plenty of guys on here that know more than me but the trouble is not many of them are prepared to give genuine advice.

ATB

Sam :thumbs:

• Like 1