cocker spaniel trainning help

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

oh i love me cockers Dazz lol particularly this one       She's the foundation of all my current stock 14 1/2 years old now , doesn't look much does she ?? Here she is on her way to winning the

hi see a few of my films of my dog doing a bit of training.     can see more on my youtube profile.

ok thanks anywayi'll just stick in there then !

Posted Images

oh i love me cockers Dazz lol particularly this one

003-6_zps8d29e9bf.jpg

She's the foundation of all my current stock 14 1/2 years old now , doesn't look much does she ??

Here she is on her way to winning the 2002 Cocker championship

cocker_ch2005_elma_zps15021e6d.jpg

vinnareamptrophys_zpsf9ea1b66.jpg

Produced ftch's from 3 seperate litters to 3 different sires one of her sons as sired 2 championship winners 2007 / 2010 ...... can you guess who it is yet ??? lol

cracking photos, nice to see, my pup carries her blood thru Argyll Warrior, his dams sire. nice to see the old girl :thumbs:

tempted me to dig this out in the morning

cockerchamp2002.jpg

Edited by barraboy

Big Respect to you Timber.

Suppose my elderly tell it as you see it approach does`nt fit in the modern society with some people !

Thanks for your patience.

no no no we like the" tell it as you see it", we dont like the way your comments sound a tad patronizing,

and condescending especially as you dont even know the bloke

dazzz

breath in, clear your head and read the topic heading again,then try other words other than patronising and condescending- certainly not !

"cocker love" an expression,certainly not of the personal nature aimed at Timber.

Edited by camokev64

Now pal, don`t know what back ground your from, Lurchers i presume ? Slip and run/kill anything brigade, or the trained all round mouching dog.

Your entry and goals for your dog will probably differ.

My self progressed through the ranks of Lurchers in the same era of the then younger Phil Lloyd and the famous Minshaws Blue Lurcher !!.Reaching the pinnacle of my sport entering and winning the various Lurcher obedience competitions.

Now working gundogs and trials is my game ( yes in that order ).

So Moving on to your Cocker situation,if you have decent common sense and basic understanding of canines, by all means move into the gundog world.The good thing about the gundog world is that there are not as many variables as in the lurcher working world.It`s pritty much the case that you will find a dog that will suit your needs, retrievers for retrieving,spaniels for hunt,flush, then retrieve.Just like all working dogs,they function on prey drive.

If you do not have access to glean knowledge from an unbiased trialing man for the best lines for your needs,you will have a long task ahead of you finding the right dog to start of with.For example you won`t want a hot / hard going dog for your first project. Oh yes it does matter ! The amount of clowns out there who don`t understand a pedigree is unbelievable,so do your homework,select from lines of easily trained parents,all because it`s got Ftch in it`s pedigree does not mean it was easy to train.

There are Gundog people and people who also bluff under the same banner,just like the lurcher world,

Gud luck !

OK KEV BUT COME ON.....

"Now pal, don`t know what back ground your from, Lurchers i presume ? Slip and run/kill anything brigade, or the trained all round mouching dog"

THAT IS CONDESCENDING IS IT NOT??

AND Phil LLOYD IS STILL YOUNG......WELL AT HEART ANYWAY LOL (sorry Phil)

and then "Stick in there kid !" Timber is defo not young enough to be called kid. (he's nearly as old as lloydy)

not falling out Kev i do enough of that about lurchers.

atb Daz

:hmm: Well I'm out rabbiting or trapping moles most days,..and I am as fit as a 'buck rat',..so, as you guys so rightly say, age is no barrier,..but,..this wee thread has taught me, just how, competitive the Spaniel business seems to be... Don't think it is really my scene... :blink:

I'll leave the competitions, to them as need the buzz,.. and stick to being,... a veteran Moucher.... :thumbs:

:hmm: Well I'm out rabbiting or trapping moles most days,..and I am as fit as a 'buck rat',..so, as you guys so rightly say, age is no barrier,..but,..this wee thread has taught me, just how, competitive the Spaniel business seems to be... Don't think it is really my scene... :blink:

I'll leave the competitions, to them as need the buzz,.. and stick to being,... a veteran Moucher.... :thumbs:

Just got my first gundog myself mate but I would have no interest in a trial ( still like to watch them just as I like to watch any dog at its work) but I reckon all the fun is in the training and then hopefully getting some satisfaction from the end result ( however you chose to apply it)

One things for sure, it sure beats the hell out of trying to train a saluki and is much better for the nerves!! Lol lol

• 3 weeks later...

oh i love me cockers Dazz lol particularly this one

003-6_zps8d29e9bf.jpg

She's the foundation of all my current stock 14 1/2 years old now , doesn't look much does she ??

Here she is on her way to winning the 2002 Cocker championship

cocker_ch2005_elma_zps15021e6d.jpg

vinnareamptrophys_zpsf9ea1b66.jpg

Produced ftch's from 3 seperate litters to 3 different sires one of her sons as sired 2 championship winners 2007 / 2010 ...... can you guess who it is yet ??? lol

The sad decision was taken on tuesday to have the old girl pts , just 5 days after another of her grandsons followed in her footsteps to win the 2013 cocker championship . A super little bitch who was still doing a full shift beating at 11 yrs of age . R I P Grace 6-6-98 / 22-1-13

larford-elma_zps81d35316.jpg

A Very Sad time.

This bitch has contributed a massive amount to her progenies successes and achievements.I`ve had a fair few dogs in my time, my own dogs relation to her on Sire side.He has been the most biddable dog to train and the best dog i have ever shot over.

Cherish the memories.

Take care.