Ferrets and mice

Has anyone worked their ferrets on mice before I've been asked to use my ferrets to thin out a mice problem for the national trust. I've only just started working my ferrets this year they've been out a couple of times on rabbits just don't know if they'd be any good for mice any advice welcome cheers

How the hell will a ferret fit down a mouse hole? Ferreting works on the premise that quarry flees the pursuing predator. All a mouse has to do is rocket into a small gap or hole.

Stick to traps or poison.

How the hell will a ferret fit down a mouse hole? Ferreting works on the premise that quarry flees the pursuing predator. All a mouse has to do is rocket into a small gap or hole.

what do you think people bred micro ferrets for? :thumbs::laugh:

'rob190364' timestamp='1355135418' post='2937513']

'Tug' timestamp='1355056139' post='2935998']

what do you think people bred micro ferrets for? :thumbs::laugh:

So would a EU micro be a over kill for a wee mouse ?. :hmm::laugh:

Ferrets are a waste of time on mice as has been said the mice will live in places far to small for a ferret to enter and secondly a mouse it far to fast and flighty for a ferret to get anywhere near ... I tried and tried as a kid to ferret mice and never ever had any success ... Traps are the simplest and best option .........