east of england lurcher club

how many members on here i know of a few but be great to see just how many members of the hunting life used to belong to this once great coursing club . there were some well know coursing folk who were members and some great coursing dogs .those were the days 16 dog competion and runners up comp and all ran off on the one day GLORY DAYS lol.

• Like 1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was only doubled up until around Xmas .then more land would open up for us after the shooting . Then it was single handed . We was out 3 to 4 times a week . My dogs were nearly always knocked out i

your right there charts there certainly wasnt any rollers outside the pub at the eoecc lol. just honest hard working dog men and women enjoying their sport and watching their dogs do what they had bee

how many members on here i know of a few but be great to see just how many members of the hunting life used to belong to this once great coursing club . there were some well know coursing folk who we

how many members on here i know of a few but be great to see just how many members of the hunting life used to belong to this once great coursing club . there were some well know coursing folk who were members and some great coursing dogs .those were the days 16 dog competion and runners up comp and all ran off on the one day GLORY DAYS lol.

I was a member for two or three year's my little red bitch "Kelly" won the puppy stake's I used to travel there with Don Southard !

What a great club. Before the ban, I would say they had some of the best permission in lincolnshire, especially where they use to run the chairmans cup. I just wish I'd joined it 20 years earlier lol. I've be lucky to have seen some really good dogs run in that club too.

• Like 1

I was a member for two or three year's my little red bitch "Kelly" won the puppy stake's I used to travel there with Don Southard !

Is your first name I,and did you have a moustache?

G and I did have a moustache in them day's :thumbs::icon_redface:

Thats right! sorry I forgot ,I know who you are, hope you're well still doing a bit?

Thats right! sorry I forgot ,I know who you are, hope you're well still doing a bit?

Been out today !! and as far as I know I'm fine !! :thumbs: but I haven't a clue who you are p.m. in order :thumbs:

they were certainly well run days with more hares to run than you could shake a stick at lol . hope my mate with the stick aint reading this lol.all jokes aside these were unbeileivable days for coursing and some cracking dogs owned by members of the club . and wo betide anyone slipping less than 80 to 100 yds minimum , all hares had to be given fair law and if accident happened and short slip or trigger happy didnt the culprit know about it . as someone has allready said this club had masses of top quality running ground in them days .

• Like 1

got me thinking breakfast in pub before doing draw for running order or who you were running if doubled up. and first meeting of the season going outside to see all the other members and any new dogs or pups they had bought or bred through the summer then driving down to running grounds full of anticipation and hope for a good day and even better season those were the days untill that poxy blair and his phony army of followers fecked it up big time .oh to have those sought of days back .my opinion is we never will.

I used to go to The Border & Coquetdale Coursing meets, over 40 years ago. The beaters, flankers and spectators were made up of working class lads from the estates of Newcastle, and Ashington and Bedlington, and from the Borders. The Slip Steward was a postman from Westerhope !! Made a bit of a mockery of the assumption that Coursing was a "Toffs" sport !!

Cheers.