Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

I keep patterdales, but if I genuinely thought an outcross to another breed would improve the working ability of the dogs I keep i'd do it, and like you said people can call them mongrels if they want.

Whey hey.................excellent.

I started this thread because I work Bedlingtons or Bedlington Hybrids or Mongrels, care I not what others might call them.

If the discussion of what to call them needs to escalate perhaps another thread shoud be started and the same question asked, I'am sure it has been discussed and argued over at length before and to quote Hybred (on my first page) 'it gets quite boring'.

Answer it here if need be, but I'd rather read and dicuss workers and see pics of workers be it purebred or crossbred.

CHEERS Limb, I'm glad someone not from the Bedlington scene answered.

• Like 1

No problem Lawrence would have done it myself but still a bit green on the puter,

I had to have jade put down in may 2001 as she killed my old lurcher bitch in front of the wife and grandkids, It broke my heart losing two dogs at once but jade had become a liability she cost me a small fortune at the vets having other peoples mutts mended and i could not find no one to take her as most of my muckers new about her temper.

Guest bedlington
No problem Lawrence would have done it myself but still a bit green on the puter,

I had to have jade put down in may 2001 as she killed my old lurcher bitch in front of the wife and grandkids, It broke my heart losing two dogs at once but jade had become a liability she cost me a small fortune at the vets having other peoples mutts mended and i could not find no one to take her as most of my muckers new about her temper.

Very good topic your on lads id like to show you my two Bedlys but i havent sussed how to do it yet

You need to read the news and info page, there's some helpful hints on 'HOW TO' on there, if you need any help PM me although I'm new to this site methinks I got the hang of it... Look forward to seeing your pics...

5-picture1.gif

Nose down, arse up.....

7-picture3.gif

Found a pic of Cochyn bred by JW. This is the sire of the first two litters from Bron.

7-picture2.gif

This is a pic of a dog called Jack went to a chap (AF) in Stoke.

Was a very hard dog, I lost contact wih AF but know he bred this dog to the Pat bitch on the right, anyone know how these turned out?

7-picture1.gif

Rusty, Midge and Tango.

swanseajack. Tried uploading my phots but it just says the file is too large. Any way is the working bedlington yearbook still running ?

There's just no hope for you LOL... try this image resizing site http://www.hardcorehunting.co.uk/resizer/ if you still can't do it... take up fishing or go read a book.

Haven't got a clue to your other question, only ever had one...

5-picture2.gif5-picture3.gif

I really don't think i matters what "TYPE" of terrier you have so long as it does the job.

Variety is the spice of life, so I've been told, and long my it remain so. It'll be a sad day if everyone is walking around with identical terriers.

The following pics are taken from a book printed in 1876, thought you might find them interesting.

What does stand out like a sore thumb in the rest of the book, is, in the several accounts given of hunting otter and fox, all in the Borders the only terrier being used is the Dandie Dinmont.

100_0381.jpg

100_0382.jpg