Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

Beddys are far superior than patterdale or Lakeland to hunt cover in my opinion.But for underground patterdale are more harder dog in this regard. I’ve only ever owned two beddys one which would dig anything no problem if he could reach its quarry.The other I have at the moment she is a year old so time will tell. I have seen a few other beddys hunt and think there marvelous hunters none of them went to ground though.But for flushing from cover there better than any breed of terrier I ever seen.

• Like 1
On 28/02/2020 at 22:03, culltheweak said:

Some dog to have in the pedigrees ha it’s laughable really god help the workers .

Find me any type of working terrier that does not have a dud hidden in its lineage,hidden on purpose by some.Its a fact that most breeding, of any terrier,will have an element of the unknown in its pedigree.A turd has an habit of floating to the surface in future generations.Any decent working terrier owner strives to breed from honest stock all of the time,many don,t give a toss whats in the mix as long as they sell well and a little poetic deviation from the truth sells an awful lot of terrier flesh.Many on here state the importance of doing your homework before wasting a couple of years on a cull.I know the Rambo dog is in most Beddy pedigrees,i also know its influence is so diluted now,in many a lineage,as to have no effect whatsoever on the working ability on some of todays stock.The internet is full of Bedlington experts,the majority of whom don,t have a fecking clue about Beddy,s or any other working terrier.The Bedlington rightly suffers abuse because the majority of them are shite,bred from shite and sold by egoistic chancers,it does not hold a monopoly  on poor breeding and ownership,as some through their ignorance,will have you believe.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, morton said:

Find me any type of working terrier that does not have a dud hidden in its lineage,hidden on purpose by some.Its a fact that most breeding, of any terrier,will have an element of the unknown in its pedigree.A turd has an habit of floating to the surface in future generations.Any decent working terrier owner strives to breed from honest stock all of the time,many don,t give a toss whats in the mix as long as they sell well and a little poetic deviation from the truth sells an awful lot of terrier flesh.Many on here state the importance of doing your homework before wasting a couple of years on a cull.I know the Rambo dog is in most Beddy pedigrees,i also know its influence is so diluted now,in many a lineage,as to have no effect whatsoever on the working ability on some of todays stock.The internet is full of Bedlington experts,the majority of whom don,t have a fecking clue about Beddy,s or any other working terrier.The Bedlington rightly suffers abuse because the majority of them are shite,bred from shite and sold by egoistic chancers,it does not hold a monopoly  on poor breeding and ownership,as some through their ignorance,will have you believe.

Its a fact that you have just responded with manure sir!

You only find that kind of shite when money is involved...I have no gripe with you.. but you talk about running 3 terriers loose at a time doing cover and hunting on up... so if your terriers get on a hot scent in cover or rocks or a valley or a glen... lets be honest here....how do you keep up and can you control these mythical beasts...meaning can you call sandy and billy back to get the leads on them .... meaning then you actually end up letting one terrier find? Or you just let the 3 run free and dont know what terrier done what but when you get there you find 3 terriers are in a burrow..... so how do you come to the conclusion what terrier  found?...what terriers doing what or anything else?

When you break through and you have 3 terriers to ground which will happen if you have 3 terriers running loose... its a disgrace to be honest and not terrier work at all... and no better than the shambles of a video which has been posted.

line bred terriers when done for the sole purpose of work only... not money.. by the right folks for the right intentions.... the great great great grandparents  terriers will still be stamped and its very genetic code still running through future litters decades later... duds will have been dealt with like any negative, if no moneys to be recouped...and heritage will mean everything to the serious man.. lines do take different directions by different people... some will inject instead of eject the problem.... but genuine folk dont.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, morton said:

Out of interest Morton  Where do you think your line would be now without the fell influence and do you think you can carry on producing working dogs without put crossing again 

Morton the season has ended now buddie but I am very interested on seeing these type of beddys you have work I offered you a day out but you dident respond so I only assume you bottled it ...like I have said in the past I have always fancied one but not for bushing as any dog will bush.. I here from the old lads how the stamp of  beddys they had years ago are nothing like the ones you see today..I have seen a few beddys over the years work but never seen one that I wanted to own..yeh some you could get easy digs to only as soon as they start barking they dig to quick as the box tells the it's a foot or so.but when the box tells them it's 8 or even 10 foot the dogs out in 10 minutes ..

The reason Rambo is in most pedigrees is he was thought of as something special by people desperate to have that elusive,  exceptional animal a "genuine earth dog Bedlington".

The fact the dog was shit didn't seem to matter, dreamers and fools are common in all walks of the dog world, the Bedlington crew seem to attract them like flies to shit though.

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, justdigit said:

Out of interest Morton  Where do you think your line would be now without the fell influence and do you think you can carry on producing working dogs without put crossing again 

The fell influence was needed because our dogs where so closely bred and the time for an outcross was of paramount importance,i tried for several years to find a decent working beddy stud,with no luck,geez i looked.The Bedlingtons where better in the field than the fell i owned,the red fell bitch was bred in the purple and id own her again.The fell infusion aided us as we then had another avenue to breed from and the Owen dog,the Spuggy bitch came from that.The Spuggy bitch was bred with the intention of putting her back to her father,a Beddy as pure as they come,still another mongrel though.That would have been my ultimate goal,the Spuggy bitch is now at Cains and he became so disillusioned with the Beddy fiasco,the inability to source honest grafting stock and honest owners,that he decided to go the Lakey route over her,i don,t want him to as it will put a spanner in the 30 odd years ive spent getting to where ive taken our shite to.I don,t have the time or inclination now to breed back to a dog that is aged now,Reg the Beddy dog and father of Owen and Spuggy.Thus i can carry on by putting the bitch back to Reg but Cain walks his own path now.The Spuggy bitch to the Lakeland will certainly breed excellent earth terriers,i feel they will lose a part of their versatility factor which is important to me and more important to Cain than i think he,s yet to realise.Some believe the fell is the dominant working factor in our breeding,the Bedlington influence was and id rather breed back to the Bedlington lineage as its proven itself worthy.You know the Lakey he,s wanting to use,in all honesty the Reg dog would suit me better as i know what he offers to the mix,another outcross is a risk to far for me at the moment.

18 hours ago, stop.end said:

Its a fact that you have just responded with manure sir!

You only find that kind of shite when money is involved...I have no gripe with you.. but you talk about running 3 terriers loose at a time doing cover and hunting on up... so if your terriers get on a hot scent in cover or rocks or a valley or a glen... lets be honest here....how do you keep up and can you control these mythical beasts...meaning can you call sandy and billy back to get the leads on them .... meaning then you actually end up letting one terrier find? Or you just let the 3 run free and dont know what terrier done what but when you get there you find 3 terriers are in a burrow..... so how do you come to the conclusion what terrier  found?...what terriers doing what or anything else?

When you break through and you have 3 terriers to ground which will happen if you have 3 terriers running loose... its a disgrace to be honest and not terrier work at all... and no better than the shambles of a video which has been posted.

line bred terriers when done for the sole purpose of work only... not money.. by the right folks for the right intentions.... the great great great grandparents  terriers will still be stamped and its very genetic code still running through future litters decades later... duds will have been dealt with like any negative, if no moneys to be recouped...and heritage will mean everything to the serious man.. lines do take different directions by different people... some will inject instead of eject the problem.... but genuine folk dont.

"You only find that kind of shite when money is involved" the last litter my lad bred carried 7 pups i took 2 he gave 5 away,i seldom breed and always gave what i could to working homes,hard to find as few folk take them serious,thus i sold the odd uns as pets £150,3 or 4 pups sold in 12 years.You graft yous as you wish,they are yours to do with as you choose mucker,as ive stated several times the fact of having a couple of terriers enter together as yet to cause grief ever,others do the same but will never admit the fact,if that makes it disgraceful to some ill not loose much sleep or hunt differently.You rabbit on about honest working breeding and culls,wake up and sniff the roses pal,there is shit in most breeding and culls in one kennel produce expensive pups to peddle in another,folk are not always as genuine as they would have some believe.

18 hours ago, ziggy said:

Morton the season has ended now buddie but I am very interested on seeing these type of beddys you have work I offered you a day out but you dident respond so I only assume you bottled it ...like I have said in the past I have always fancied one but not for bushing as any dog will bush.. I here from the old lads how the stamp of  beddys they had years ago are nothing like the ones you see today..I have seen a few beddys over the years work but never seen one that I wanted to own..yeh some you could get easy digs to only as soon as they start barking they dig to quick as the box tells the it's a foot or so.but when the box tells them it's 8 or even 10 foot the dogs out in 10 minutes ..

Ill be at the FMWTC meet monday night.