Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

There not a out n out earth dog but can work well in the floor as well as in cover ect if it can fit in the ground then it will do its job asked of it well thats for the dogs I have seen any way

They certainly are an out and out earth dog,at times very,very good ones that will live with any other working terrier type,bolting or digging,their versatility also makes them the most useful of terrier to thrash about on top.Ive seen many that are far to big to work below with any credibility,or breed terriers suited to earth work,id not own or breed from such.

Thats where you get that top knot from in yours D ,the one you like to put matching ribbons in before digs .

The only thing I put on mine that match are the two B&F's , he has to have two on because he stays so long

• Like 4

There not a out n out earth dog but can work well in the floor as well as in cover ect if it can fit in the ground then it will do its job asked of it well thats for the dogs I have seen any way

They certainly are an out and out earth dog,at times very,very good ones that will live with any other working terrier type,bolting or digging,their versatility also makes them the most useful of terrier to thrash about on top.Ive seen many that are far to big to work below with any credibility,or breed terriers suited to earth work,id not own or breed from such.

If you are so confident in your stock ,would it not be advantageous for you to place pups with working homes [you might already but i know a few with beddies and none have yours].

There is only one way to bring a breed back and thats breed,test ,breed more .

• Like 3

If you are so confident in your stock ,would it not be advantageous for you to place pups with working homes [you might already but i know a few with beddies and none have yours].

There is only one way to bring a breed back and thats breed,test ,breed more .

Ive gifted more than my share of terriers and lurchers to working homes,ill guarantee you don,t know a working kennel they now reside in.Ive offered Beddy pups on the WBF,parents any trial and no takers.Ive been banging on for longer than i care to mention that the only way forward for the Bedlington as a grafting terrier is to breed from genuine working types and get them in genuine working kennels,its hard enough to source honest Working Beddy stock,its even harder to find a genuine kennel to put them in.Ill also guarantee that anybody you may know with Beddy,s ill have little time for,i don,t suffer fools,ego,s and dollar chasers.The genuine Beddy owners i may know will take no offence from my offence,they know im offensive in the defence of my favourite terrier.

Edited by morton
  • Like 1

Agree Morton can't get the right homes. Everyone wants to breed their own even if the dogs don't graft or the newbies who like the idea of owning a Bedlington and want a spaniel on top and a black dog below from 8 weeks then by 12 months want to find a new home for there pup

• Like 1

Agree Morton can't get the right homes. Everyone wants to breed their own even if the dogs don't graft or the newbies who like the idea of owning a Bedlington and want a spaniel on top and a black dog below from 8 weeks then by 12 months want to find a new home for there pup

We have both struggled to home Bedlingtons that are worth homing,for all the right reasons,im sick to death of ranting to the same drum beat,especially as the nuggets and ego,s put a £ sign in front of theirs and sell litter after fecking litter after litter.

• Like 2

If I could find one small enough I would happily take one on-last ones I saw small enough was 10/15 yr ago and belonged to a few lads from Glyn neath way-they were a liver colour and real small,caught them digging one Sunday morning when I was a green keeper-sat down with them and watched them dig a fox with a real handy bitch-their faces were a picture when I told them I don't give a f**k what you digging lads lol,saw them a few more times after that-back then I wasn't big on asking names glad in away as I got to dig the whole course for years myself with no bother.had the first and last digs to a few dogs there happy memories. Atb dc

• Like 3

If I could find one small enough I would happily take one on-last ones I saw small enough was 10/15 yr ago and belonged to a few lads from Glyn neath way-they were a liver colour and real small,caught them digging one Sunday morning when I was a green keeper-sat down with them and watched them dig a fox with a real handy bitch-their faces were a picture when I told them I don't give a f**k what you digging lads lol,saw them a few more times after that-back then I wasn't big on asking names glad in away as I got to dig the whole course for years myself with no bother.had the first and last digs to a few dogs there happy memories. Atb dcattachicon.gifPhoto0276.jpg

If you wanted to find one you could,thats the biggest problem that the Beddy as a worker encounters,people that do not have the genuine zest to source the right types when its easier to source a 2nd or 3rd rate un,especially as they are the majority bred.For every litter of WORKING Bedlingtons bred there are countless litters that are bred to serve market forces only and they all are bred from workers?,bollox.

Edited by morton