Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

Interesting read, there use to be some top Bedlington back in the day .there was 1 guy in cumbria use to breed some good stuff .lad I no had 1 .was a good little all round bitch .never produced anything of the same calibre though .seems to be dying out .same as the beddy whippet or greyhound .

8 hours ago, Davydunny said:

Interesting read, there use to be some top Bedlington back in the day .there was 1 guy in cumbria use to breed some good stuff .lad I no had 1 .was a good little all round bitch .never produced anything of the same calibre though .seems to be dying out .same as the beddy whippet or greyhound .

An old boy near me kept some reyt ones and worked them in the rock piles round us he said they come from up Yarm I wonder if there still about we them men 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, BobDown said:

An old boy near me kept some reyt ones and worked them in the rock piles round us he said they come from up Yarm I wonder if there still about we them men 

No idea if them fellas still alive , 1 old boy was called Brian orr I think .had a good bitch called treacle .

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Davydunny said:

No idea if them fellas still alive , 1 old boy was called Brian orr I think .had a good bitch called treacle .

It be good t know if the blood still going. The beddys this feller kept were small we heyds like bricks and dead game what I sin 

13 hours ago, Davydunny said:

A Yorkshire fella use to breed some toppers as well .but long time ago .fella called nick I think he was called . As I say 1 was sent up here and was a good grafter, never really see or here of any toppers these days .

Not anymore mate

there are still some about round here though.

ATB Tony

4 hours ago, TonyT said:

Not anymore mate

there are still some about round here though.

ATB Tony

Good are they as good as they once where.there was talks about using lakies on some bitches then back to beddys .don't know if anything happened .is the fella still into hounds n such .

On 30/11/2022 at 21:44, old school said:

I had one and it was the exactly same ?

there was a guy on one of the fb pages I’m on that crossed his to a wheaten and the resulting pups look proper George Newcombe type… I always thought wheaten was the way to go to restore the Beddy as a ground dog, some might be a little big but JMO ?‍♂️

I don't think the Bedlington was ever bred for just a earth dog but more of a all round vermin killer and get something for the pot,

• Like 3
1 hour ago, harryshounds said:

I'd likee to try one for mooching and ratting or breed my bushing/ratting terrier across one 

Probably find most are used for mooching about bushing ,ratting and ferreting etc rather than earth dogs and for producing lurchers ,I'd rather use a busher than a earth dog to produce a runner but we all have different opinions

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Probably find most are used for mooching about bushing ,ratting and ferreting etc rather than earth dogs and for producing lurchers ,I'd rather use a busher than a earth dog to produce a runner but we all have different opinions

Why a busher not a earth dog pal ? 

30 minutes ago, tank34 said:

Why a busher not a earth dog pal ? 

My old bedy whippet was bred from earth dog and she pain in the arse for dropping in places and it's not what I need and she became a head ache,she was given to a lad who gave her the work she lived for .

She was only small ,maybe 16/17 tts 

• Like 4
  • 1 year later...