Working Bedlingtons 2005

On 31/12/2019 at 14:13, coco said:

Nick as always got all sorts there made a lot of money out of breeding different types atb

Ive never seen nicky with an Airedale,he should have one coming from Halifax.The vast majority of his mutts will never see a litter and for an fat old fart like him im fairly impressed with the amount of working days his charges see in a season,he should weigh half his weight with the miles and days he puts in,fair enough he walks slow and cannot hunt past a KFC.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, morton said:

Ive never seen nicky with an Airedale,he should have one coming from Halifax.The vast majority of his mutts will never see a litter and for an fat old fart like him im fairly impressed with the amount of working days his charges see in a season,he should weigh half his weight with the miles and days he puts in,fair enough he walks slow and cannot hunt past a KFC.

Yes he defo had Airedale’s at one stage there were from USA if I remember rightly and he had an Airedale whippet bitch there

Just now, coco said:

Yes he defo had Airedale’s at one stage there were from USA if I remember rightly and he had an Airedale whippet bitch there

Im not saying he did,nt ,im saying ive never seen them,as ive seen only a small percentage of his dogs its easily possible.The majority of the dogs ive seen at his have been Welsh retired and its rare ive seen a litter at his home,again its rare ive been there so i state as i saw.he still puts an almighty hunting shift in,as many on here can vouch for and he is possibly one of the FMWTC reps that earns his tuppence.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, morton said:

Im not saying he did,nt ,im saying ive never seen them,as ive seen only a small percentage of his dogs its easily possible.The majority of the dogs ive seen at his have been Welsh retired and its rare ive seen a litter at his home,again its rare ive been there so i state as i saw.he still puts an almighty hunting shift in,as many on here can vouch for and he is possibly one of the FMWTC reps that earns his tuppence.

Yes he’s had plenty from wales over the years

Morton thought your beddys stay till being dug..not having a go but you have stated the ones you have seem better than the average beddy when really yours seem to be the same as the average bedlington ..have all ways fancied a beddy but a propper worker is hard to find... not as in bushing as most dogs will bush .. I mean one that will stay to be dug... or work piles ..I once saw a old bloke 15 years ago up baycup with 3 beddys all slate Gray.. they were the best stamp I've seen for bedlington terrier not the barrel cobbyones you see now .and if you put them all together you wouldn't have got a full one as they were well worked..spent over a hour nattering to the old fella he new his stuff on them.. I still work the same ground but never saw him again ..

2 hours ago, morton said:

Is that the same bitch in wales i never bred?,my young bitch here as been dug to twice,bolted dozens out of cover,grafts to a standard im happy enough with at this time in her hunting cycle and made the usual mistakes when she first entered.According to the experts on here a sapling has to graft like a seasoned terrier in its first few encounters and never make a mistake,thank feck i own Bedlingtons that i expect to make a few errors in their early encounters,,ive yet to own a terrier that was the finished article in its first season.

No Morton she is definitely out of the same litter as your the lad that has her gave you a Lurcher pup that died in your kennels. I was also there the first time your bitch was dug she didn’t put a foot wrong to be honest was an ideal easy place to start a pup 

20 hours ago, ziggy said:

Morton thought your beddys stay till being dug..not having a go but you have stated the ones you have seem better than the average beddy when really yours seem to be the same as the average bedlington ..have all ways fancied a beddy but a propper worker is hard to find... not as in bushing as most dogs will bush .. I mean one that will stay to be dug... or work piles ..I once saw a old bloke 15 years ago up baycup with 3 beddys all slate Gray.. they were the best stamp I've seen for bedlington terrier not the barrel cobbyones you see now .and if you put them all together you wouldn't have got a full one as they were well worked..spent over a hour nattering to the old fella he new his stuff on them.. I still work the same ground but never saw him again ..

I’m sure you’d track him down there’s not many of us out there working bedlingtons or cross breeds atb

23 hours ago, coco said:

COCO, Yes he owned a Airedale x whippet called penny, fawn bitch briefly , game little dog, she just lacked good pace , I also owned her before Nicky, Nicky is sound fella , not seen him in years ATB 

20 minutes ago, ringer said:

COCO, Yes he owned a Airedale x whippet called penny, fawn bitch briefly , game little dog, she just lacked good pace , I also owned her before Nicky, Nicky is sound fella , not seen him in years ATB 

Penny was owned by a few lads.. I saw the bitch work regular be for Nicky got it.. for a little dog was as game as she come... I even took it out a few times myself