Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

23 hours ago, jayjay said:

anyone planning on breeding a litter of decent beddy pups in the near future ????

cheers,

jay. 

Between me and my lad we have 5 bitches,one of them as given me the 3 bitches i now run on,id like to put the bitch i gave him back to her father,he wants to go the Lakey route as he see,s the Bedlington as a bum flush now,because of the turds that masquerade as WORKING Beddy owners and the shite that the Bedlington attracts.Ive put up with it for decades and carried on,he works my line now and wants a different route.Ill not breed from the 3 i own unless a proper bedlington covers them,all crossbreeds welcome and KC can feck off.It must enter below with the same ambition as it enters cover.Anything i know of now worth breeding from is far to closely related to the bitches i kennel so ill not breed from bitches that should be bred from.The bitch my lad owns is as good a working terrier as most would be happy to kennel,she is into her 5th season and as never had a bad one,her father produced the best workers we own and she would be best served going back into her lineage and a father and daughter mating,tried and tested,would best suit my ambitions,alas my lad fails to see my purpose and its his bitch now and his choice.The ghost i own now,a bitch my lad bred,is high on his radar because of her working attributes,above and below.Ive offered her back to him,if he gives me his bitch to breed from in the spring,to her father ,and not a very,very honest olde school Lakey .Most Beddy folk now breed for dollar and cudos,the majority of pups they breed are working dross bred from none working dross and piss poor working ownership.Its a fecking travesty the amount of bedlingtons that are on sale as "bred from workers" and the only toil they see is the ardour of labour and the owner checking his bank balance.When folk state in a superior way,that the decent owners should breed from the decent ones and give the breed a chance ill counter with the fact that few decent Bedlingtons are bred because its harder to find a decent and honest working kennel to put one in and the folk to carry the breed without greed,envy and personal ambition getting in the way.The last litter my lad bred he struggled to find decent working homes,he sold none and some ended up as pets,ive struggled for over 30 years in the same way.The majority of terrier lads would not own a Bedlington?,the majority of folk wanting one are not fit to own one.Its a fecking miserable scenario.I own 5 bitches who,s tits would be dragging on the mud with the amount of litters many would put through them.Out of the 5 we have between us here,1 is spayed now,3 will never be bred from and the other will possibly go the Lakey way because of the situation with the Bedlington as it now stands.

19 minutes ago, morton said:

Between me and my lad we have 5 bitches,one of them as given me the 3 bitches i now run on,id like to put the bitch i gave him back to her father,he wants to go the Lakey route as he see,s the Bedlington as a bum flush now,because of the turds that masquerade as WORKING Beddy owners and the shite that the Bedlington attracts.Ive put up with it for decades and carried on,he works my line now and wants a different route.Ill not breed from the 3 i own unless a proper bedlington covers them,all crossbreeds welcome and KC can feck off.It must enter below with the same ambition as it enters cover.Anything i know of now worth breeding from is far to closely related to the bitches i kennel so ill not breed from bitches that should be bred from.The bitch my lad owns is as good a working terrier as most would be happy to kennel,she is into her 5th season and as never had a bad one,her father produced the best workers we own and she would be best served going back into her lineage and a father and daughter mating,tried and tested,would best suit my ambitions,alas my lad fails to see my purpose and its his bitch now and his choice.The ghost i own now,a bitch my lad bred,is high on his radar because of her working attributes,above and below.Ive offered her back to him,if he gives me his bitch to breed from in the spring,to her father ,and not a very,very honest olde school Lakey .Most Beddy folk now breed for dollar and cudos,the majority of pups they breed are working dross bred from none working dross and piss poor working ownership.Its a fecking travesty the amount of bedlingtons that are on sale as "bred from workers" and the only toil they see is the ardour of labour and the owner checking his bank balance.When folk state in a superior way,that the decent owners should breed from the decent ones and give the breed a chance ill counter with the fact that few decent Bedlingtons are bred because its harder to find a decent and honest working kennel to put one in and the folk to carry the breed without greed,envy and personal ambition getting in the way.The last litter my lad bred he struggled to find decent working homes,he sold none and some ended up as pets,ive struggled for over 30 years in the same way.The majority of terrier lads would not own a Bedlington?,the majority of folk wanting one are not fit to own one.Its a fecking miserable scenario.I own 5 bitches who,s tits would be dragging on the mud with the amount of litters many would put through them.Out of the 5 we have between us here,1 is spayed now,3 will never be bred from and the other will possibly go the Lakey way because of the situation with the Bedlington as it now stands.

Maybe topper or coco will know of a decent beddy hybrid that's unrelated to yours?

Just now, Busher100 said:

Well if ya ask maybe you'll know for sure ?

Seriously mucker do you not believe ive done a little homework,visited a few kennels,walked the walk with a few Bedlingtons and their owners,become a member of a site or 3 in the chance id come into contact with something id have a little affinity to?.There are possibly a few hybrid kennels about that would serve me well enough,ive got that angle covered,there is possibly 2 kennels in the country that own purer stuff that graft,50 that think they have.The decent studs are seldom as decent as many would have you tricked into believing,the few worth considering are thinner on the ground than a roast dinner in Somali.The mutts worth covering my shite are in the pipeline,if that fails to come to fruition that will mark me out as different from the rest,ill not breed unless its worth breeding.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, morton said:

Seriously mucker do you not believe ive done a little homework,visited a few kennels,walked the walk with a few Bedlingtons and their owners,become a member of a site or 3 in the chance id come into contact with something id have a little affinity to?.There are possibly a few hybrid kennels about that would serve me well enough,ive got that angle covered,there is possibly 2 kennels in the country that own purer stuff that graft,50 that think they have.The decent studs are seldom as decent as many would have you tricked into believing,the few worth considering are thinner on the ground than a roast dinner in Somali.The mutts worth covering my shite are in the pipeline,if that fails to come to fruition that will mark me out as different from the rest,ill not breed unless its worth breeding.

Is it the bitch that your son bred that your thinking of breed. Is that the same litter as the black an tan bitch 

11 minutes ago, morton said:

50 minutes ago, morton said:

im not going to lie to you mate......my  days of constantly going out and looking to give a terrier a shift below the turf are not far off long gone and the terriers that I kept for doing that are also gone all bar one which is getting on himself...…..but I am looking for something to push a bit of stuff about in the cover and get it moving for the runners, so that's why im enquiring on potential well bred litters......

one thing I can guarantee.....what ever pup I take on will get the best of looking after and will not dwindle away in a kennel......

cheers,

all the best,

jay.

42 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

Well if ya ask maybe you'll know for sure ?

There’s plenty off good hybrids around if he went to toppers kennel I’m sure if he saw them on the flesh and work he would use them as for us in s wales we keep on going around because there’s still lads that work them in the correct way we don’t need any other blood and there hasn’t been a need for inbreeding yet no buy the looks of it never happening

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, justdigit said:

Is it the bitch that your son bred that your thinking of breed. Is that the same litter as the black an tan bitch 

It was a brother and sister mating,it doubled up on the Fell and The Beddy,a Black and tan sister ended up in Nelson.

4 minutes ago, morton said:

It was a brother and sister mating,it doubled up on the Fell and The Beddy,a Black and tan sister ended up in Nelson.

Nelson 2 minutes from me ain’t heard of the animal from nelson sorry but within an hour from me there’s plenty I can breed from all related to my dogs and I’m sure people would have told me or them about my dogs because as you know we all know people with good bedlington crosses because we’re still a minority breed

Edited by coco
27 minutes ago, jayjay said:

im not going to lie to you mate......my  days of constantly going out and looking to give a terrier a shift below the turf are not far off long gone and the terriers that I kept for doing that are also gone all bar one which is getting on himself...…..but I am looking for something to push a bit of stuff about in the cover and get it moving for the runners, so that's why im enquiring on potential well bred litters......

one thing I can guarantee.....what ever pup I take on will get the best of looking after and will not dwindle away in a kennel......

cheers,

all the best,

jay.

The vast majority of graft my terriers see is pushing cover and chasing to ground,thats when i think of mine as a little bit better than most Bedlingtons,they push to ground and then deal with it.Im nearly in your situation now mucker and look forward to the bushing and frown when they find to ground,the first thing i now ask is "how deep",anything above my waist is met with regret now.I call the 30 years olds on the shovel the youngsters/

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, coco said:

There’s plenty off good hybrids around if he went to toppers kennel I’m sure if he saw them on the flesh and work he would use them as for us in s wales we keep on going around because there’s still lads that work them in the correct way we don’t need any other blood and there hasn’t been a need for inbreeding yet no buy the looks of it never happening

You may be different to me mucker,ive never ever heard of a working lineage that was not reliant on inbreeding,linebreeding whatever.

1 minute ago, morton said:

You may be different to me mucker,ive never ever heard of a working lineage that was not reliant on inbreeding,linebreeding whatever.

Probably there’s not enuf lads working your pups mate over 30 yrs of breeding you should have plenty to breed from atb

• Like 2