yard dogs............when push comes to shove?

Guest long-tail

Guest long-tail

who know's mate, only way to find out is shoot the next person in leg so he catches them, then you'l find out :laugh: :laugh:

if i was to put a 12guage into him weather the dog would bite or not be the last of my worries :laugh: he makes the right noises like i say more of a pet but theres more than one way to skin a cat as they say ;)

crossbow , then pull bolt out, no lead in him so you've not shot him :laugh: :laugh:

could you not get a mate who the dog don't know to come in, can make them bite sleeves out of Hessian sacks

you trying to get me banged up for a long stretch :laugh: the dog doesnt know any my mates,i aint got any :D

could be a good thing, would make alot of mates..lol

rays right in what he says, the new dogs law says a dog must have a handler all the time!

they poised a dog round here up on a farm a good few years back, 08 i think, give it a load of blue's to knock it out but it never woke up!

and that was for 300lts of diesel!

i've got cctv that has an alarm PIR so anyone walks in ,it sets it off in my bedroom

:yes:

then i get up and drop a bolt in crossbow :laugh: :laugh:

JOKE JUST FOR THE POLICE READING :laugh: :laugh:

the crossbow i seen used many years ago would leave no more evidence than a nasty wound,oh and probably a corpse,straight through you and beyond no problems,serious bit of kit :thumbs: Edited by long-tail

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He ain't a guard dog officer / your honour, he is the beloved family pet.

who know's mate, only way to find out is shoot the next person in leg so he catches them, then you'l find out :laugh:

bit of tongue in cheeck on the lads part dont you think,im a sgc holder and would say putting a barrel in him is a step to far dont you think with regard to a burgular in the house then you never rea

Posted Images

I don't understand this law on gaurd dogs........... So if you have a dog that is given the run of your enclosed yard and a diddy jumps the 6ft fence and gets bit you are at risk of prosecution? What if that same dog was in an open top kennel and run and the diddy jumped in there and got a bite would you still be at risk? If not, what is the defining line between kennel and yard? Why can't your enclosed yard be classed as a kennel?

And why the f**k is the onus on the law abiding home owner to keep the law breaking scum b*****d thief away from their secured dog?

Guest long-tail

I don't understand this law on gaurd dogs........... So if you have a dog that is given the run of your enclosed yard and a diddy jumps the 6ft fence and gets bit you are at risk of prosecution? What if that same dog was in an open top kennel and run and the diddy jumped in there and got a bite would you still be at risk? If not, what is the defining line between kennel and yard? Why can't your enclosed yard be classed as a kennel?

And why the f**k is the onus on the law abiding home owner to keep the law breaking scum b*****d thief away from their secured dog?

my thoughts exactly,and what if the dogs chained with a kennel are you still likely to end up in the shite????????? Edited by long-tail

It doesn't make sense to me. Not many laws do but there is usually some sort of logic behind them, albeit flawed logic.

So it's aparently illegal to have a dog in your enclosed yard that bites an intruder but legal to walk outside with a kitchen knife, fearing for your property and family, and stick all 12 inches of it straight the the b*****ds ribcage?....... while fearing for your familys safety of course. :D

i dont think it is illegal,in that scenario you just described born.if they have to scale a 6ft fence or wall into your property and they get bitten.i think thats acceptable.has anyone ever been prosecuted and convicted for that you just described.

who know's mate, only way to find out is shoot the next person in leg so he catches them, then you'l find out :laugh: :laugh:

if i was to put a 12guage into him weather the dog would bite or not be the last of my worries :laugh: he makes the right noises like i say more of a pet but theres more than one way to skin a cat as they say ;)

crossbow , then pull bolt out, no lead in him so you've not shot him :laugh: :laugh:

could you not get a mate who the dog don't know to come in, can make them bite sleeves out of Hessian sacks

you trying to get me banged up for a long stretch :laugh: the dog doesnt know any my mates,i aint got any :D

could be a good thing, would make alot of mates..lol

rays right in what he says, the new dogs law says a dog must have a handler all the time!

they poised a dog round here up on a farm a good few years back, 08 i think, give it a load of blue's to knock it out but it never woke up!

and that was for 300lts of diesel!

i've got cctv that has an alarm PIR so anyone walks in ,it sets it off in my bedroom

:yes:

then i get up and drop a bolt in crossbow :laugh: :laugh:

JOKE JUST FOR THE POLICE READING :laugh: :laugh:

the crossbow i seen used many years ago would leave no more evidence than a nasty wound,oh and probably a corpse,straight through you and beyond no problems,serious bit of kit :thumbs:

my mates in to archery and has one of then back stop things to hold targets up and the bolt's go strait though it!

Guest long-tail

i dont think it is illegal,in that scenario you just described born.if they have to scale a 6ft fence or wall into your property and they get bitten.i think thats acceptable.has anyone ever been prosecuted and convicted for that you just described.

sure i heard years ago couple english bull terriers bit someone up that had climbed over into the garden with intent to break into the house,their admission,both dogs were destroyed although im not 100% sure

Guard Dogs

Only section 1 of the Guard Dogs Act 1975 has ever entered into force. This means that all the other sections relating to a licensing scheme are not in force and neither are there any plans to do so. Section 1, which is in force, relates to the control of guard dogs.

Section 1 states:

(1) A person shall not use or permit the use of a guard dog at any premises unless a person (‘the handler’) who is capable of controlling the dog is present on the premises and the dog is under the control of the handler at all times while it is secured so that it is not at liberty to go freely about the premises.

(2) The handler of a guard dog shall keep the dog under his control at all times while it is being used as a guard dog at any premises except:

(a) while another handler has control over the dog; or

(B) while the dog is secured so that it is not at liberty to go freely about the premises.

(3) A person shall not use or permit the use of a guard dog at any premises unless a notice containing a warning that a guard dog is present is clearly exhibited at each entrance to the premises.

The owner of a guard dog may be liable for any injury to a person under s 2(2) of the Animals Act 1971, unless they come within one of the exceptions in s 5.

Key facts and figures

• There are approximately 8 million dogs in UK.
  • In England in 2010, there were over 6,000 hospital admissions resulting from being bitten or struck by a dog (excludes people treated in minor injury units (MIU) or accident and emergency (A&E) departments, without being admitted as an inpatient).
  • In 2009, dog attacks on people in England cost the Health Service £3.3 million.
  • Estimate of 6,000 dog attacks on postmen/women, parcel force and telecoms staff each year.
  • Police and local authorities have powers to seize dogs they consider to be dangerously out of control.
  • Police, local authorities and animal welfare groups work together in some areas to promote responsible dog ownership.

Share this:

Page last modified: 26 October 2012

You may also be interested in:

He ain't a guard dog officer / your honour, he is the beloved family pet. :thumbs:

unfortunately the dog looks like he might have some sort of bull breed in him so he's probably getting pts if he gets caught doing anything that could in any way be deemed illegal.

but how many shit head drug addicts are going to go to the police?

very very few imo.

as for what would he do,you can easily find out with a willing volunteer.

He ain't a guard dog officer / your honour, he is the beloved family pet. :thumbs:

And he has never done anything like that before.

If you want to test your dog, contact a local trainer. There are plenty out there willing to give a dog a bite for a few £££££, they usually charge about £20+ an hour for a bit of training. Does your dog rag things?

you have got to watch the kids with these kind of dogs it only take a mistake and you could have a child badly bit or worse by all means protect your home and property but also your kids

Same with any dog whether its a pitbull or westie.

A friend of mines Dobermans recently bit someone who were coming up his driveway in a threatening manner. The dogs were called off immediately and apart from some bruises and a ripped jacket the person was fine. The police came to his property and after a couple of questions were satisfied that it was all within the law and and soon left.

As we are talking about dog thieves how many of them are going to run to the police ?