Edwards' Coyote Catches 2012 & 2013

Do you mean they dont like taking stick of racoons (i guess this is the case) or do they have a hard time finding? Ive read of you guys before that racoons can be really tough but i guess there nothing compared to coyotes.

I wish I could answer your question with a precise answer but unfortunately I cant. I just think some dogs have certain styles about them and certain styles will work really well for one critter but not so much for another. Young immature coons that aint to big are a walk in the park but a big ole boar coon in January is another story but any good dog will handle it but finding that dog aint always so easy.

• Like 1

You ever bump into those American badgers with your dogs Dan ?

There aint very many around here at all.

the english brock billy at 50 pounds no dog single handed would kill yote hounds would jack the english badger is defo more forbiddable than the yote just a thought :huh:

the english brock billy at 50 pounds no dog single handed would kill yote hounds would jack the english badger is defo more forbiddable than the yote just a thought :huh:

I have no idea but I do know that good dogs are made for certain quarry and most of the single handed pig dogs that most have seen would never catch a coyote let alone be able to fight it once they were that winded if they ever did get there.

• Like 1

no dog would kill a badger single handed well that's not true. out lamping I saw a big deerhound/grey pick an adult badger straight up in the air and shake the life straight out of him the dog opened his hole under side guts and organ every were it only lasted about 10 seconds. another day I saw a big staff grab a badger by the head and crush his scull he killed a few badgers with one bite on the head. these are the only 2 dogs I ever saw kill a badger single handed but I heard of one more a few years before my time he was a pit bull. now I will agree that most dogs cant kill them single handed but there are some out there. I don't hunt badgers anymore and I haven't for years.