• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can be done and was done pre-ban

If Ray mears can't do it, not much hope for the rest of us :laugh:

also dont believe everything you read on here :-)

the legend himself...

fenton.jpg

Deer dog :laugh:

Dont judge a book by its cover mate, it may look like a fat lab but Fenton pre-banned the living bejesus out of the whole herd!

Check the video

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

seen him working them mate

the legend himself...

fenton.jpg

Dont judge a book by its cover mate, it may look like a fat lab but Fenton pre-banned the living bejesus out of the whole herd!

Check the video

Yeh, along with most of the internet.

The owners had to change his name when the vid went viral. So the legend is now living under a secret identity

the legend himself...

fenton.jpg

Check the video

Yeh, along with most of the internet.

The owners had to change his name when the vid went viral. So the legend is now living under a secret identity

Remember back along a dog flushing a summer stag, I was standing in front of the gate it was headed towards, it was like a fecking bullock coming up the field! I stood out of the way sharpish.

This happened earlier this year but not posted here as I've been a little busy of late.

As I pulled up at the gate, a sound on the edge of my hearing tweaked, just as bullock I thought, as I unloaded Finn. He slipped under the gate as I clambered over, and needed to be told to wait which suggested there was game afoot in the field. The ground was just two fields, the first just an acre or so and the second perhaps 4. Once the dog was on the slip to curb his eagerness I flicked the lamp on to see a hind with ¾ grown youngster at foot slip through the far hedge. A full scan showed nothing else so with a little surprise at seeing the red deer where up till then I'd only ever seen fallow and roe I walked towards the open gate into the second field looking for the expected rabbits.

Keeping to one side so avoiding outlining myself I arrived at the hedge about 5 yards to one side of the gate. Putting my finger on the lamps on switch I took a step towards the gate when a stag roared just the other side of the hedge only a couple of yards from where I stood. The hair stood up on the back of my neck and I froze, the sound of a big stag at such close quarters is something! With racing heart I quietly pulled Finn back to the main gate, much to his disgust, sometime one has to be realistic without the added reason of the law. In the past I may have considered the hind as runable but a rutting stag and a single 25" dog? It was a night to move to the next patch of ground and seek something a little more suitable to fill the freezer but what a sound! I'm a very lucky chap to have the permission I have.

• Like 1

the legend himself...

fenton.jpg

Check the video

Now imagine if you had a funnel made of Heras fencing and a cattle truck,be a lot of wholesale venison ;)

• Like 1