Entering to fox

i think the most important factor here is giving the dog time to mature and not enter them too young , the dog might be 20 million tts but if hes not got the testosterone and the want to kill in him yet then he could be very easily sickened and put off when the ole ginga ninja takes hold. me personally i rather start a young dog on them around the end of august when theyre big cubs but not to much for a young dog so the dogs confidence grows with the rest of the season no point in taking the dog out to take a beating when ya would rather keep him winning. ya dont stick a novice fighter in the ring with a professional do ya

u r right

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats how i entered my dog (legal here in NI) he was slipped on his own at a week or 2 before his 2nd birthday which is also the start of my hunting season sept/oct , he gave the fox some run turning

My first bitch was entered at 18 months, i knew she was well bred and had the pedigree to take foxes, but you never know until the job is completed,, even if the dog was to attack the fox and feel the

You got more chance of making a dog at 2yr old when he's fully developed mentally,physically & had a season of rabbiting under its belt than you will at 12 months old that hasn't seen much & h

Posted Images

this was a deer/grey x collie/grey bred to an ex track bitch.... i used to let her rag shot foxes, chase ferals and finally when the time came i slipped her on her own and she killed it really quickly even after she took a bad bite!! i used the same method with most of them and the last dog to fail was a well bred bull cross that i gave away in the end... she ended up ok doubled up but that was as good as she got!! IMO the breeding has to be there and even then its hit or miss...

post-40585-0-94772000-1353863235.jpg

daytime danny

would be a bit different at night bud fox would be alot sharper for a dog at that age :thumbs: but the right way to start then day time

Why would a fox be harder at night???

They don't bite harder or faster do they, they run different but once its caught its the same animal whether its day or night.

• Like 2

Sometimes you just know the dogs going to do it...my old bitch didn't need much encouraging at all and has always hated them. Others I've had took more time to come into their own. I used to hang fox pelts in the run for pups to rag or a tail or two, don't know if that helped but certainly didn't do any harm. Shame it's illegal here.

• Like 1

Lurcher man ? Verry nice dog and how he or she bread and what age and how do yu gettin it looking that good ? Atb joe

shes bred by ruby jet off here,bull whippet grey x Pye bred dog CHANCE,just plenty of exercise and fun with her mate,walks,runs,sprints,and of course a few good nights out a week!;),just a bit of hard work into your dog and they will repay you bud,and she's as game as they come don't back down to nothing but I took it nice and slow with her mate. Atb