Deer and fox dogs

was killing foxes in numbers singlehanded before you even had a foxs dog,remember your best came from rumor.........

What went wrong that you now have to double up with coursing dogs to make the catch for the bullcrosses.And my best wasnt from Rumour she was by Marleys brother and i used Rumour cause he was a first class fox dog.So your reasoning that deer are harder test is because you saw a ten year old dog spew on one.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty people will jack from a fallow buck never mind there dogs

my old dog ,give 100% every time he was out ,pleasure to own and run,do foxes for fun,had his fair share of roe.,but never seen anything bigger.could do some good bags of rabbits as well.put down at 1

the cross i ran in the 80s was saluki grey x collie grey he took both fox and deer no problem and had good wind on hare photo been up before atb

Posted Images

Talkin bout how fox are harder to take than deer is just silly talk. I have yet to be shown a deer dog and I have seen dogs that will kill fox like they are kitty kats.

How can you coment on deer dogs if youve never seen one.Seen allsorts of lurchers take deer that wont even look at a fox.
  • Like 3
Guest bigdaddylongchopper

was killing foxes in numbers singlehanded before you even had a foxs dog,remember your best came from rumor.........

What went wrong that you now have to double up with coursing dogs to make the catch for the bullcrosses.And my best wasnt from Rumour she was by Marleys brother and i used Rumour cause he was a first class fox dog.So your reasoning that deer are harder test is because you saw a ten year old dog spew on one.

i dont own bullcrosses you crack on your dangerous fella

Edited by bigdaddylongchopper

in my eye any dog that do both is a hard dog .couse your got the kick from a deer and the bite from the fox not a nice thing for any dog to come across dont mater what breed.thing like that can soon jib a young dog witch ever one you start in on.imo

Hey mate, you wont have to worry about your new pup jibbin' if its owt like the parents!! Is that him in your avatar?

yes mate il pm you a pic mate
The difference is deer dont bite back and deer being hooved animals are a natural prey animal for a dog.It only takes ability for a dog to take deer it takes bo**ocks as well to to make a proper fox dog.

You have obviously never caught any muntjac bucks - locally I know of a number of dogs killed by muntjac and a few years back I saw a 26" bull cross bleed to death after being opened up by muntjac. I also know of dogs killed by fallow and sika

The difference is deer dont bite back and deer being hooved animals are a natural prey animal for a dog.It only takes ability for a dog to take deer it takes bo**ocks as well to to make a proper fox dog.

You have obviously never caught any muntjac bucks - locally I know of a number of dogs killed by muntjac and a few years back I saw a 26" bull cross bleed to death after being opened up by muntjac. I also know of dogs killed by fallow and sika

Exactly ive never seen a fox inflict a cut as bad as this.

7E19BE3D-6441-4E0B-B8D0-F54D1E9206B1-5674-00000999C10CDC2F_zps83f57d0b.jpg

• Like 1

if you hunt foxes for numbers few times a week then of course you need a dog with bollacks , but its really silly to say you dont with a deerdog ,and the old deer kill dogs foxes dont may be old saying but its true arent it ?lol....me personally say deer game hardest when legal ,as with all the knocks ,being dragged ,kicked etc etc and thats just does/hinds ,then you have the bucks/stags that any old fox dog will do lol...ye ok

• Like 4