Nite Site Or Nite Sh*te

I'm simply not following you, you have an interesting turn of phrase which throughout has been based on assumption, we live in a free country, go and buy what you like, make what you like, sell what you like for whatever you want, EVERYTHING you have said could be levelled at MANY MANY products INCLUDING ALL of the MUCH more expensive other night Vision products on the market...

Pulsar G2+ £1500, Cobra Tempest £8,500 and plenty in between, so why is your crusade against NiteSite with a product at £599. :hmm:

These products attract MUCH higher dealer margins £ and % than NiteSite.

Anyone with a computer, screwdriver, soldering iron and tape can buy the BEST scope on the market and add a bit of electrics to do everything a Cobra Tempest can and probably safe £5000 doing it!

Like I say, thats business! :thumbs:

Without being privy to the pertinent information that i'm sure NiteSite would consider sensitive (more so if the profiteering I suspect is the case) I have no other avenue available to me but that of speculation by way of reason and logic using the comparative evidence available to me.

The free market does indeed mean I have a choice what and from whom I wish to purchase goods.

You mistake my case as some form of vendetta, I assure you it is not. My motivation stems from the perceived repetitive extolling (on this and other forums as well as in the 'comics') of the virtues of a product that appears, relative to the price tag, unworthy of such praise.

The price jump between it and its higher priced competitors, right or wrongly, appears justified by the numerous more streamlined and useful features and functions. A random example being the one shot zeroing facility of the Pulsar n550. I agree, that's an expensive feature to buy at double the price of the ns200, but conversely, £599 is grossly expensive for what is essentially a car reversing camera & screen, rubber tube and large led torch in a tool box filled with foam. Not forgetting a cheap Maplin SLA battery!

Which leads me to my conclusion and back to your quoted comment. Yes, I can choose what and where I buy from and at present with all we have discussed being the case, I (and it would appear the majority of other airgunners) will not be buying a glorified slightly modified take on the sony handycam and IR Led torch configuration that is the night vision system known as the ns50/200 at £399+ from NiteSite. Nor, to my mind does the fact we reside in a "free country" and conduct commerce in a "free market" ever justify the exploitation of your fellow man nor large scale profiteering.

I once read a saying "Behind every great fortune lies a great crime". Food for thought.

• Like 1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^not that your biased in any way shape or form eh

Get a pulsar N550 , no trouble with that .........

Nothing is perfect, but you have to look at this in the real world, comparing it with things that cost 2x 3x 4x or more expensive is daft, and frankly THEY are well overpriced, so why is it just NiteS

I'm simply not following you, you have an interesting turn of phrase which throughout has been based on assumption, we live in a free country, go and buy what you like, make what you like, sell what you like for whatever you want, EVERYTHING you have said could be levelled at MANY MANY products INCLUDING ALL of the MUCH more expensive other night Vision products on the market...

Pulsar G2+ £1500, Cobra Tempest £8,500 and plenty in between, so why is your crusade against NiteSite with a product at £599. :hmm:

Anyone with a computer, screwdriver, soldering iron and tape can buy the BEST scope on the market and add a bit of electrics to do everything a Cobra Tempest can and probably safe £5000 doing it!

Without being privy to the pertinent information that i'm sure NiteSite would consider sensitive (more so if the profiteering I suspect is the case) I have no other avenue available to me but that of speculation by way of reason and logic using the comparative evidence available to me.

The free market does indeed mean I have a choice what and from whom I wish to purchase goods.

You mistake my case as some form of vendetta, I assure you it is not. My motivation stems from the perceived repetitive extolling (on this and other forums as well as in the 'comics') of the virtues of a product that appears, relative to the price tag, unworthy of such praise.

The price jump between it and its higher priced competitors, right or wrongly :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: , appears justified :no: :no: :no: :no: by the numerous more streamlined and useful features and functions...SUCH as?.....Are you joking, have you ever used any of these, I think not or you may have another view! A random example being the one shot zeroing facility of the Pulsar n550. Just what advantage is that, NO zeroing shot is needed on the Nitesite, so thats a complete waste of the extra money, yeh, well worth while feature, pay double for something you don't need on a NiteSite, and that is good value? I agree, that's an expensive feature to buy at double the price of the ns200, but conversely, £599 is grossly expensive for what is essentially a car reversing camera & screen, rubber tube and large led torch in a tool box filled with foam. Not forgetting a cheap Maplin SLA battery!

Which leads me to my conclusion and back to your quoted comment. Yes, I can choose what and where I buy from and at present with all we have discussed being the case, I (and it would appear the majority of other airgunners) will not be buying a glorified slightly modified take on the sony handycam and IR Led torch configuration that is the night vision system known as the ns50/200 at £399+ from NiteSite. Nor, to my mind does the fact we reside in a "free country" and conduct commerce in a "free market" ever justify the exploitation of your fellow man nor large scale profiteering. So the Cobra at £8500 is a well worth while bargain and nobody is profiteering in your opinion!

I once read a saying "Behind every great fortune lies a great crime". Food for thought.

By all means offer an opinion and a view but regardless that you think the NiteSite is a modified take on the sony handycam and IR Led torch it offers FAR better facilities and usability than many NV products at 2-3-4 times the price!

Make one yourself or buy whatever you like but your argument holds no water on price, facilities, ease of use, distance, magnification, day/night, colour, versatility, service and backup.

I'm bored, the world has made its own mind up, the NiteSite has taken the market by storm and the public are voting with their wallet and buying NiteSite, like it or not you have a very blinkered view and believe one of the best and cheapest NV products on the market is profiteering whilst suggesting paying double the price far a feature you don't even need with a NiteSite isn't. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Edited by Deker

The price jump between it and its higher priced competitors, right or wrongly :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: , appears justified :no: :no: :no: :no: by the numerous more streamlined and useful features and functions...SUCH as?.....Are you joking, have you ever used any of these, I think not or you may have another view! A random example being the one shot zeroing facility of the Pulsar n550. Just what advantage is that, NO zeroing shot is needed on the Nitesite, so thats a complete waste of the extra money, yeh, well worth while feature, pay double for something you don't need on a NiteSite, and that is good value? I agree, that's an expensive feature to buy at double the price of the ns200, but conversely, £599 is grossly expensive for what is essentially a car reversing camera & screen, rubber tube and large led torch in a tool box filled with foam. Not forgetting a cheap Maplin SLA battery!

Which leads me to my conclusion and back to your quoted comment. Yes, I can choose what and where I buy from and at present with all we have discussed being the case, I (and it would appear the majority of other airgunners) will not be buying a glorified slightly modified take on the sony handycam and IR Led torch configuration that is the night vision system known as the ns50/200 at £399+ from NiteSite. Nor, to my mind does the fact we reside in a "free country" and conduct commerce in a "free market" ever justify the exploitation of your fellow man nor large scale profiteering. So the Cobra at £8500 is a well worth while bargain and nobody is profiteering in your opinion!

By all means offer an opinion and a view but regardless that you think the NiteSite is a modified take on the sony handycam and IR Led torch it offers FAR better facilities and usability than many NV products at 2-3-4 times the price!

Make one yourself or buy whatever you like but your argument holds no water on price, facilities, ease of use, distance, magnification, day/night, colour, versatility, service and backup.

I'm bored, the world has made its own mind up, the NiteSite has taken the market by storm and the public are voting with their wallet and buying NiteSite, like it or not you have a very blinkered view and believe one of the best and cheapest NV products on the market is profiteering whilst suggesting paying double the price far a feature you don't even need with a NiteSite isn't. :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

My choice of comparison may not have been the most appropriate I am aware, but the pulsar was used as it was suggested by another contributor.

If the Ns50/200 truly offered the value you promise, I would've bought one. Regardless as to the validity of either of our viewpoints (the party standing to profit duly noted) the very fact what I have said exists as an impression/appearance and I am not alone in this perception is, I believe testimony in itself.

Interesting thread,I feel i'm in agreement more with mileagojo,after having built a diy system without the large box come screen come ir light I can see just how cheap the component's can be,more so using camera boards and buying by the box load.

I have a watec 902h based system that will match and probably beat the ns50 and with a decent laser will more than match the ns200,as it stands now the cost is less than £150,.. to match the ns200 would cost no more than £250 tops.

Maybe the cost is down to all the plastic bits and bobs that come with the ns systems?,I should think they're purpose made such as the screen come light and camera housing.

Edited by weebster

i had one and went back to good old lamping

We had one on trial from shop and didnt like it.

We shoot as a team and the only person who sees what is happening is the guy with the rifle as opposed to lamping when both see what is going on!

I know someone who uses the Archer system and while it is good its expensive.

I guess if lamping alone both are ok but if out with a mate its nice to both 'enjoy' the sport.

What's wrong with a torch from eBay for 20 quid? Sorry the worlds gone mad! Milegajo eat something quick, your sugar levels must be dropping again! We all know what happens!

What? He turns into a right diva?!

Or an all and out bitch!! Meeoww

What's wrong with a torch from eBay for 20 quid? Sorry the worlds gone mad! Milegajo eat something quick, your sugar levels must be dropping again! We all know what happens!

What? He turns into a right diva?!

Or an all and out bitch!! Meeoww

:laugh: :laugh:

Deker I'll happily trial the NS50 and give it a full review if you agree to send me one and make that Milegajo eat his hat if it gets a good review!

I'd be happy to verify findings. An excellent opportunity for Nite Site. Especially when Mawders appears happy to do it without charge.

I cant promise we won't take it to woodchester mansion and give ourselves the heeby jeebys with it though!

Actually I am damned happy with my little Nite Site, more than enough range for what I need, now I have replaced the lead brick, it is very portable, the screen has a nice clear image, it will go from rifle to rifle, easily, can cope with the recoil on a springer, can be set up in under 5 mins, allows video recording, a lot of features for the money.

Yes the battery could be better, yes it looks a little Heath Robinson, but hell it works and reliably too!

• Like 1