Nite Site Or Nite Sh*te

There is but one real problem with the Nite Site...

OK, so you have been out and blown £400 of your hard earned notes on an NS50 or £600 on an NS200, you have a new problem now, it is known as a lead brick. The original battery that comes with the unit has a weight of 3lb (or 1.361 kg), is the size of an ornamental paving brick and has an operational cycle of about 3.3 hours from charged to empty.

We have a solution for this. From ebay you can get batteries from £15 (delivered by Mr Hong of the Three Jolly Luck Takewaway Fishbar, Kowloon), these are lithium polymer and are a bit of a difference in weight. They weigh a mere 6 ounces (or 0.171kg) and have an operational cycle of about 6.8 hours from charged to empty. The difference in size makes these truly pocket sized...

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

They come complete with a charger that switches off the charging when the cycle is complete and a handy on/off switch so you do not have to keep ratcheting that knob on the top of the unit round if you are switching on and off! All in all a very useful addition to anybody's Nite Site outfit!

http://www.ebay.co.u...d=p5197.c0.m627

Got one and use it with a NS200.. does the job and would recommend...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^not that your biased in any way shape or form eh

Get a pulsar N550 , no trouble with that .........

Nothing is perfect, but you have to look at this in the real world, comparing it with things that cost 2x 3x 4x or more expensive is daft, and frankly THEY are well overpriced, so why is it just NiteS

Ive owned my ns200 since january and have had no problems other than not being overly impressed with the supplied house brick battery which i soon replaced with one of those little blue ones.

Incidentally i bought my ns200 in preference to an n550. The n550 although very good just wasnt versatile enough for my shooting. I.e im always switching nv between different rifles depending on the type of vermin control im doing.

Guest scramble

Its just confirms my suspicions that the guys at niteshite are more interested in raping as much hard earned cash from their customers as possible!

If this was my ONLY product i'd be making sure it was as faultless as possible especially when you know full well that people can, and do make a cheaper home made version. im sorry but the workmanship needs to be much better and more attention to detail is required before i'd consider parting with my hard earned. :yes:

SCRAMBLE

Its just confirms my suspicions that the guys at niteshite are more interested in raping as much hard earned cash from their customers as possible!

If this was my ONLY product i'd be making sure it was as faultless as possible especially when you know full well that people can, and do make a cheaper home made version. im sorry but the workmanship needs to be much better and more attention to detail is required before i'd consider parting with my hard earned. :yes:

SCRAMBLE

I'm struggling to understand why NiteSite seems to be singled out for this tirade of profiteering and poor quality.

They have come up with a new approach to night vision, it is probably the most versatile on the market, is easy to setup, can work VERY well out to 200 yards or more, can be used day and night on virtually any scope and is very much at the lower price of Night vision

No, it isn't perfect, but it has brought nitevision into the realms of many who cannot afford the £2-3-4-5000+ of other night vision products, frankly a good number of which offer nothing like the versatility or usability.

Just what is the problem here, yes, they are IN BUSINESS, they are out to make a living, they are also involved in R&D and other ideas are already in the mix, and I can assure you the profit margins on their products both in % and cash terms are also low, because I sell them! :thumbs:

SCRAMBLE

I'm struggling to understand why NiteSite seems to be singled out for this tirade of profiteering and poor quality.

They have come up with a new approach to night vision,it is probably the most versatile on the market, is easy to setup, can work VERY well out to 200 yards or more, can be used day and night on virtually any scope and is very much at the lower price of Night vision.

No, it isn't perfect, but it has brought nitevision into the realms of many who cannot afford the £2-3-4-5000+ of other night vision products, frankly a good number of which offer nothing like the versatility or usability.

Just what is the problem here, yes, they are IN BUSINESS, they are out to make a living, they are also involved in R&D and other ideas are already in the mix, and I can assure you the profit margins on their products both in % and cash terms are also low, because I sell them! :thumbs:

I disagree on a number of points;

"They have come up with a new approach to night vision, ...

No, it isn't perfect, but it has brought nitevision into the realms of many who cannot afford the £2-3-4-5000+ of other night vision products, frankly a good number of which offer nothing like the versatility or usability."

This is simply not true. They may have bundled components and marketed it but I contest they can be given full credit for what you claim. Chaps like the one whose thread I posted on his own creation (irrespective of whether it is a 'tribute' based on a configuration similar to that of Nite Site) and shares his work freely deserve far more recognition and praise than NiteSite who unashamedly charge an exorbitant chunk of cash without even sourcing the most up to date suitable components, as evidenced by the battery. His evidence proves beyond reasonable doubt that it is the component manufacturers who have brought night vision into the realms of affordability, not NiteSite as you allege.

"just what is the problem here, yes, they are IN BUSINESS, they are out to make a living, they are also involved in R&D and other ideas are already in the mix, and I can assure you the profit margins on their products both in % and cash terms are also low, because I sell them! :thumbs:"

In business they may be, for how long is to be seen if they maintain their blatantly greedy pricing strategy.

You cite margins, are you a representative of Nite Site or a re-seller? A representative may have authority to comment on costs etc, if merely a re-seller, then you appear to also be a victim of their apparently miserly and penny pinching approach to commerce. My advice to you would be to renegotiate your contract to bring them into line. If your business generates low sales volume, you may struggle and require the co-operation of other vendors to collectively slap them out of their bubble.

As for being singled out. No, they are not the only ones, the whole monetary market system is founded on a foul, corrosive and horribly, if not ultimately disastrously misguided principle that in order for there to be profit, there must be loss. No, they are one of many, they have caught attention however because they appear to rank as one of the greediest players. I would urge caution on your part not to voice too strong an allegiance lest you and your commercial operation be seen in the same light and thus 'tarred with the same brush' and alienating your potential customer base.

Edited by milegajo
  • Like 1

SCRAMBLE

They have come up with a new approach to night vision, it is probably the most versatile on the market, is easy to setup, can work VERY well out to 200 yards or more, can be used day and night on virtually any scope and is very much at the lower price of Night vision

"They have come up with a new approach to night vision, it is probably the most versatile on the market, is easy to setup, can work VERY well out to 200 yards or more, can be used day and night on virtually any scope and is very much at the lower price of Night vision

No, it isn't perfect, but it has brought nitevision into the realms of many who cannot afford the £2-3-4-5000+ of other night vision products, frankly a good number of which offer nothing like the versatility or usability."

This is simply not true. They may have bundled components and marketed it but I contest they can be given full credit for what you claim. Chaps like the one whose thread I posted on his own creation (irrespective of whether it is a 'tribute' based on a configuration similar to that of Nite Site) and shares his work freely deserve far more recognition and praise than NiteSite who unashamedly charge an exorbitant chunk of cash without even sourcing the most up to date suitable components, as evidenced by the battery.

"just what is the problem here, yes, they are IN BUSINESS, they are out to make a living, they are also involved in R&D and other ideas are already in the mix, and I can assure you the profit margins on their products both in % and cash terms are also low, because I sell them! :thumbs:"

In business they may be, for long is to be seen if they maintain their blatantly greedy pricing strategy.

You cite margins, are you a representative of Nite Site or a re-seller? A representative may have authority to comment on costs etc, if merely a re-seller, then you appear to also be a victim of their apparently miserly and penny pinching approach to commerce. My advice to you would be to renegotiate your contract to bring them into line. If your business generates low sales volume, you may struggle and require the co-operation of other vendors to collectively slap them out of their bubble.

As for being singled out. No, they are not the only ones, the whole monetary market system is founded on a foul, corrosive and horribly, if not ultimately disastrously misguided principle that in order for there to be profit, there must be loss. No, they are one of many, they have caught attention however because they appear to rank as one of the greediest.

Forums hey, disagree to your hearts content, you obviously have no idea of the business model, and you appear to have no idea how much wages, premises, insurances, business rates, gas, electric, water, H&S, maternity leave, sick pay, accountants, R&D, marketing, etc etc etc cost, this is a business, none of which any individual factors in when sourcing products and buildling a home brew.

There are plenty of things individuals can do cheaper than buying finished products/services, do you create everytime you go and get a hair cut, why don't you do it yourself, after all those thieving b*****ds at the hairdressers are only after lining their own pockets by removing as much as possible from your pocket!

Was the first car perfect, was the first rifle perfect, etc etc, they all cost a fortune at the time (which the NiteSite does NOT in the market) and evolved, any new car is out of date at launch, there are always new developments that have been made during the manufacturing process which cannot be incorporated.

You have to stop somewhere, bring a product to market and then work on the next one, it's life.

:thumbs:

SCRAMBLE

"They have come up with a new approach to night vision, it is probably the most versatile on the market, is easy to setup, can work VERY well out to 200 yards or more, can be used day and night on virtually any scope and is very much at the lower price of Night vision

This is simply not true. They may have bundled components and marketed it but I contest they can be given full credit for what you claim. Chaps like the one whose thread I posted on his own creation (irrespective of whether it is a 'tribute' based on a configuration similar to that of Nite Site) and shares his work freely deserve far more recognition and praise than NiteSite who unashamedly charge an exorbitant chunk of cash without even sourcing the most up to date suitable components, as evidenced by the battery.

In business they may be, for long is to be seen if they maintain their blatantly greedy pricing strategy.

As for being singled out. No, they are not the only ones, the whole monetary market system is founded on a foul, corrosive and horribly, if not ultimately disastrously misguided principle that in order for there to be profit, there must be loss. No, they are one of many, they have caught attention however because they appear to rank as one of the greediest.

Forums hey, disagree to your hearts content, you obviously have no idea of the business model, and you appear to have no idea how much wages, premises, insurances, business rates, gas, electric, water, H&S, maternity leave, sick pay, accountants, R&D, marketing, etc etc etc cost, this is a business, none of which any individual factors in when sourcing products and buildling a home brew.

There are plenty of things individuals can do cheaper than buying finished products/services, do you create everytime you go and get a hair cut, why don't you do it yourself, after all those thieving b*****ds at the hairdressers are only after lining their own pockets by removing as much as possible from your pocket!

Was the first car perfect, was the first rifle perfect, etc etc, they all cost a fortune at the time (which the NiteSite does NOT in the market) and evolved, any new car is out of date at launch, there are always new developments that have been made during the manufacturing process which cannot be incorporated.

You have to stop somewhere, bring a product to market and then work on the next one, it's life.

:thumbs:

"you obviously have no idea of the business model" - This comment runs contrary to the evidence in the post, nay fact. If I had "no idea" as you state I would have no basis upon which I could counter your claims.

The rest of your examples, valid as they maybe, do not justify the behaviour to which I am opposed. All those parties described trade within acceptable market tolerances. Otherwise they cease to exist as I foresee for NiteSite. I would be willing to accept your points if you were supporting an policy that promotes exclusivity with vastly over inflated prices. I speculate that it is greed in this instance, not exclusivity.

From the perspective of this potential customer, we have a business operating on a 'high margin, low volume' basis as opposed to a supermarket that claims to be a 'low margin high volume' concern.

If I wished to get my product out there to the level I would presume NiteSite desire, I would adopt, albeit initially and temporarily, the supermarket model. Raising the price slowly over time to the maximum the market could handle before sales became negatively affected.

Of course, with a lack of current competition, one could say NiteSite's greed is somehow acceptable and the business is operating admirably. Let us hope their bubble is not burst by another enterprising individual who takes a refined 'home brew' to a chinese manufacturing client and creates, sells and markets and similarly performing unit and a much reduced price....

Until such a day arrives, I will stick to the springer and a lamp.

You crack on, its a FREE CAPITALIST country and you have every opportunity to go and make and sell your own product.

...and I have to say you obviously don't know the ccompetition, NiteSite has already taken legal action against one business for infringing copyright and another is out there as we speak with yet another copy NiteSite.

That's business! :thumbs:

You crack on, its a FREE CAPITALIST country and you have every opportunity to go and make and sell your own product.

...and I have to say you obviously don't know the ccompetition, NiteSite has already taken legal action against one business for infringing copyright and another is out there as we speak with yet another copy NiteSite.

That's business! :thumbs:

Ahh I see. Legal costs certainly add up. So THAT'S what customers are expected to pay for. Lawyers.

My understanding is that business was about making money, not spending it on frivolous law suits. The threat must be severe. Most likely better performing and less expensive rival products I would guess.

I'm simply not following you, you have an interesting turn of phrase which throughout has been based on assumption, we live in a free country, go and buy what you like, make what you like, sell what you like for whatever you want, EVERYTHING you have said could be levelled at MANY MANY products INCLUDING ALL of the MUCH more expensive other night Vision products on the market...

Pulsar G2+ £1500, Cobra Tempest £8,500 and plenty in between, so why is your crusade against NiteSite with a product at £599. :hmm:

These products attract MUCH higher dealer margins £ and % than NiteSite.

Anyone with a computer, screwdriver, soldering iron and tape can buy the BEST scope on the market and add a bit of electrics to do everything a Cobra Tempest can and probably safe £5000 doing it!

Like I say, thats business! :thumbs:

I'm simply not following you, you have an interesting turn of phrase which throughout has been based on assumption, we live in a free country, go and buy what you like, make what you like, sell what you like for whatever you want, EVERYTHING you have said could be levelled at MANY MANY products INCLUDING ALL of the MUCH more expensive other night Vision products on the market...

Pulsar G2+ £1500, Cobra Tempest £8,500 and plenty in between, so why is your crusade against NiteSite with a product at £599. :hmm:

These products attract MUCH higher dealer margins £ and % than NiteSite.

Anyone with a computer, screwdriver, soldering iron and tape can buy the BEST scope on the market and add a bit of electrics to do everything a Cobra Tempest can and probably safe £5000 doing it!

Like I say, thats business! :thumbs:

You take that back, my soldering skills are useless!

Prices between about £1,600-8,000 for Starlight NV products if my memory serves me correctly.

I have NEVER said that NiteSite is THE BEST in the market, and it is not suitable for some, but it does offer an excellent product at a very competitive price, which, without doubt is much better in price and performance than many other NV products, and has brought NV to many who simply couldn't justify it historically. It is £599 remember!

Sure, build something yourself if you want, it's a free country (ok perhaps it's not a free country but that is a subject for another thread) !!

Or buy whatever else you like!

But many have invested in the NiteSite and within the NV market are very happy with the performance and price, plenty to see on the web about them! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker