Nite Site Or Nite Sh*te

i own and use both the ns200 from nite site and the n500 from nite eye, excellent products in there

own way,i mount the camera units using the cobra./merlin dsa that makes it more secure, overall i like these systems

i use tracer lithium bafferies from deben on both units,

also we can do without the moaning of lefty tree huggers this is a shooting forum leave political cr-p out of here!!!!!

atb brian

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^not that your biased in any way shape or form eh

Get a pulsar N550 , no trouble with that .........

Nothing is perfect, but you have to look at this in the real world, comparing it with things that cost 2x 3x 4x or more expensive is daft, and frankly THEY are well overpriced, so why is it just NiteS

NS50. Seeing in pitch black for £399. I'm currently doing a job ratting at a chicken farm with mine attached to a 40ft/lbs Daystate. Good combination allowing easy setup and breakdown for day or night shooting. If I could get the nod from the missus I to would have a rifle setup for day shooting and a rifle setup for night shooting...as that is not going to happen I think the NS50 is a fine comprimise.

Build Quality.....3/5

Useability.........4.5/5

Ease of Setup..4/5

Cost.................3.5/5

Innovation........5/5(for a first time night shooter)

• 2 weeks later...

Got to say I like mine albeit I have a Lithium battery velcroed to the butt (rifle!!) this gives me complete hands free with no dangly or attached bits. The sight picture is good to the ranges I need, just took a bit of getting used to with the height its mounted at....found myself ranging out too far. Really dont give a shit on the economics of the thing , it works for me.

• Like 1

I wont bore you with a lengthy reply as all of the technical stuff has already been discussed , I Bought my NS50 a couple of weeks ago to shoot rats on my permissions and I personally think its a cracking bit of kit and it does exactly what it says on the box,as for the battery being a bit big we all knew that before we bought the unit.

• Like 1

I have an NS50 and think its a good bit of kit although the battery should have been lithium as others have stated.I like the fact you can fit and remove without disturbing your zero.I have had it for about 12 weeks now the only problem I have now is waiting for the rats population on my permission to build back up.Advantage nite site lol

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Get a pulsar N550 , no trouble with that .........

maybe but ive seen plenty of threads with people complaining about reticle and zero'ing problems ;)

Thats the main fault with them all nite site & nite eye models, they need improving quite a bit to get reliability & clarity. wire conectors are iffy(cheep cincky) & focus is messy. (better on fixed focus scope)

Ns is over priced, if you like the idea, try a nite eye at 1/2 price ( just same as Ns)

hi all, I would like to say a quick hello as I am new and I was directed to this site by a member on a different site i am on. My ten pence worth is my mate brought a nite site for himself for xmas but with the rain and the week he brouht it his mrs was took ill so he is unable to get out due to looking after his kids ect. He has very kindly lent me his kit to try out (brand new in box) I have had it out on every chance I can get and as soon as he askes for it back I will be buying my own.

My thoughts are so far, as soon as I buy one I will not be taking the brick out with me I will be buying a li-ion type of ebay (£30) so wont brake the bank and lasts longer. This will not only save on the weight but it also as a on of switch on the top which I want to use to save the noise of the clicking switch on top of unit. I also think the rubber fitting to fit the unit to the scope is rubbish so I will be using cobra merlin DSA fitting (£80 ish) The leads need tiding when I work outthe lengh I need. I have had this fitted to my 2 2 air arms and my 2 2 lr with great success. I am in no way in links with ns or any shop ect these are just my findings so far. I am currently looking for a nite site ns200 so if any one out there saying there rubbish that wants to sell theres im your man :yes:

• Like 1