can anyone help plz [ breeding went wrong ]

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

unfortunately not all litters go to plan when breeding...........you should never count your chickens or get kids involved when breeding a litter as anything can happen as you sadly found out, i defin

I had a very similar experience breeding the lurcher in my picture, I bred her with another handy lurcher (no relation) and every thing was going fine in the pregnancy and when she gave birth to 11 pu

I'm a little confused about the breeding specifics too but...   It could be the result of two recessive genes combining but both parents would need to carry at least one copy of the gene for it to b

And in no way am i having any report would come back saying, TO INBRED "BOLLOCKS".

Another thing that doesn't make sense is you've mated a bitch to a bitch !!! Well done, could you show me how you did it.

read what i wrote my bitch to a dog in england which was his granparent.

kind regards

Read it yourself, your friend had a lakey bitch which he bred to a friends border bitch.

And in no way am i having any report would come back saying, TO INBRED "BOLLOCKS".

Another thing that doesn't make sense is you've mated a bitch to a bitch !!! Well done, could you show me how you did it.

read what i wrote my bitch to a dog in england which was his granparent.

kind regards

Read it yourself, your friend had a lakey bitch which he bred to a friends border bitch.

i think your nickpicking it is obviously a speliing error most people that read it will know i meant dog. I am on here looking for advice not to have people make stupid comments about my post. If you havent anything useful to say then please dont post. thanks muppet russell

I would give you good advice if you didn't say stupid things like "report said dogs to in bred", a vet might say something like that in your ear but i don't think for one second he'd put it on paper. When you've bin around long enough you tend to stop listening after the first bullshit snipet.

Hope you have better luck in the future.

Edited by GOBSHITE

is it G.N's red dog??

no mate cant say

have u heard of the dog thowing pups with problems like that before red dawn i no the guy that has the bitch its not a dog i would use but it was his choice .he's been left well out of pocket and his young lad is heart broken at loosing his pup.

na mate i aint, only asked as i know the mans dogs at stud an covers a few bitches, i did once take a bitch i got off middleton back to middletons stud an got a pup in litter way dodgy eyes, was real tight bred tho an it was only 1 pup in the litter

These things happen from time to time, the bitch was a granddaughter to the stud dog .i buried the father to the bitch for the man that owned it a decent sized dog not the greatest dog but done a bit it had a fit and died as well .i think the lads thought that was a one off.until the pups took ill.it can't be nice taking your kids pup to be put down.

• Like 1

If id had a problem with the breeding id get it touch with the guy that has stud dog. not go around mouthing off on here see if he had any problem with breeding Id look no further than your bitch having kennel cough muppet russell

Plus bitch had kennel cough whilst in whelp dont think your vet gave you right treatment for them at start your mate was maybe bang on when he said to vet there was something more As you say aswell he has litter to same dog and there perfect yes outcross but your vet just after making money out off you saying to inbred Load of balls
  • Like 1

Muppet Russell I don't believe Gobshite was nit picking at what you wrote , as he is very knowledgable about breeding & he was only trying to get to the bottom of what you were on about so he may give you some advice .

• Like 1

I had a very similar experience breeding the lurcher in my picture, I bred her with another handy lurcher (no relation) and every thing was going fine in the pregnancy and when she gave birth to 11 pups they seemed healthy until there eyes started to open and I saw they were cloudy blue it was my first time breeding lurcher's I had only bred terriers in the past, so at the start I put it down to that until they started to get on there feet they were wobbling couldn't walk strait couldn't stand then they started to vomit and have seizures I went to the vet about it with no conclusion. it was sickening and cruel to watch them meanwhile the mother was in perfect health and still is. I had to put down about 6 of the 11 and I assisted the lesser effected ones through and they're still alive and well to this day no problems there about 2 years old now. I did a bit of research and what I put it down to a disease called infectious hepatitis in dogs or Canine Adenovirus Hepatitis it mostly effects dogs under six months and the blue eyes are called hepatitis blue eye here is some websites with a bit of information about it :

http://www.pet360.com/dog/health/infectious-hepatitis-in-dogs/LrabukP1rUe1ktLSUhMICQ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infectious_canine_hepatitis

http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/diseasesandconditions/a/CW-CanineAdenovirusHepatitis.htm

• Like 3

I had a very similar experience breeding the lurcher in my picture, I bred her with another handy lurcher (no relation) and every thing was going fine in the pregnancy and when she gave birth to 11 pups they seemed healthy until there eyes started to open and I saw they were cloudy blue it was my first time breeding lurcher's I had only bred terriers in the past, so at the start I put it down to that until they started to get on there feet they were wobbling couldn't walk strait couldn't stand then they started to vomit and have seizures I went to the vet about it with no conclusion. it was sickening and cruel to watch them meanwhile the mother was in perfect health and still is. I had to put down about 6 of the 11 and I assisted the lesser effected ones through and they're still alive and well to this day no problems there about 2 years old now. I did a bit of research and what I put it down to a disease called infectious hepatitis in dogs or Canine Adenovirus Hepatitis it mostly effects dogs under six months and the blue eyes are called hepatitis blue eye here is some websites with a bit of information about it :

http://www.pet360.co...1rUe1ktLSUhMICQ

http://en.wikipedia....anine_hepatitis

http://vetmedicine.a...usHepatitis.htm

thank mate

If id had a problem with the breeding id get it touch with the guy that has stud dog. not go around mouthing off on here see if he had any problem with breeding Id look no further than your bitch having kennel cough muppet russell

hi there in response to your comment i wasnt mouthing of if you had read my post you would see i was asking for advice as i have never had that problem with pups before i.e lab pups. I did get in touch with the guy that had the stud dog and i felt as if he was trying to blame the problem on something i did. I actually got on well the the guy but after speaking to him, he hasnt helped in any way still out of pocket and nothing to show for it. How would you feel if it was your kids that had lost there pups.

unfortunately not all litters go to plan when breeding...........you should never count your chickens or get kids involved when breeding a litter as anything can happen as you sadly found out, i definately do not blame the stud dog in this case (UNLESS HE HAS PRODUCED PUPS WITH THIS PROBLEM BEFORE) , the guy with the stud gave you the mating and the bitch did produce pups, this is the hard truth so is nothing to do with him. if this was the bitches first litter the problem could be from her side!! personally i would blame the kennel cough as kennel cough does kill unborn puppies and can cause deformities, it is a huge danger to a pregnant bitch regardless to others that say it isn't. disappointment and heartbreak when breeding has to be accepted as it does happen unfortunately.

• Like 3