Aggressive saluki

The wolf x deer/grey in my avatar turned into a man biter so I shot him. These dogs are too fast and powerful to run the risk of them getting stuck into someone. The dog may never bite you or your family but how would you feel if one day you're out walking, she slips the lead and tears into some schoolkid? Ain't worth the risk bud, there's too many people aggressive dogs in the world without you owning another

?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

male salukis can be very agressive and dominant this is a natural trait in the breed. Salukis are in general very aloof with other breeds and seem to have a sixth sense as to which are working dogs an

this one hates other dogs, and can do some damage. this ones got kizzy in it like riohog says, best not to let him get to the other dog nuff said, both 100% with people and other animals, they ju

funny you should say that about going for the throat my male saluki is just like that , and if you pull them off and the other dog is still in the field the bugger will go back for another g

Posted Images

Got to agree, dog aggression is one thing but people aggression is quite another IMO..

You'd never forgive yourself if one of the kids were hurt mate, particular as there has been a big old warning sign already.

...in all fairness too the guy who said his dog nipped the men and I mean nipped if a dog bites you bleed... end of....puncture wounds the lot....now I have worked sheep farms for years and the old farmer has always said turn your back on them collies and they will try and nip u out there property like they do to move on sheep.....not bite more a nasty pinch with there front teeth...and yea I've been nipped by the dogs more than once....in all fairness they don't bother me unless I'm close too the farmhouse wich unfortunately is by the only gate too get in....now he has clear signs saying his dogs are roaming and they may bite....I believe dogs that nip when your backs turned aren't being aggressive too hurt you but they do it More for protective reasons...now the dog in question has only nipped and your condemning it too death...in my opinion the dog was guarding his property and just because it wasn't brought for this purpose it is only a dog at the end of the day and protecting its pack is natural...now the lad knows it has a protective not aggressive nature he can muzzle and make sure he keeps the dog under better control like u would a guard dog... Just my opionion

Edited by cooper101
  • Like 1

...in all fairness too the guy who said his dog nipped the men and I mean nipped if a dog bites you bleed... end of....puncture wounds the lot....now I have worked sheep farms for years and the old farmer has always said turn your back on them collies and they will try and nip u out there property like they do to move on sheep.....not bite more a nasty pinch with there front teeth...and yea I've been nipped by the dogs more than once....in all fairness they don't bother me unless I'm close too the farmhouse wich unfortunately is by the only gate too get in....now he has clear signs saying his dogs are roaming and they may bite....I believe dogs that nip when your backs turned aren't being aggressive too hurt you but they do it More for protective reasons...now the dog in question has only nipped and your condemning it too death...in my opinion the dog was guarding his property and just because it wasn't brought for this purpose it is only a dog at the end of the day and protecting its pack is natural...now the lad knows it has a protective not aggressive nature he can muzzle and make sure he keeps the dog under better control like u would a guard dog... Just my opionion

Fair point mate... Not sure I'd want that trait in my running dog though..

I've just had this tit out for an hour or so with the mates pit bull (very steady dog) knockin seven bells of shit out of him :laugh: basically he has no manners so we introduced them in a controlled environment and let this cnut of mine do his thing... that lasted about 2seconds before the pit started to butt the fuuck out of cabron (wearing a muzzle of course) then the rest of the hour was spent with bron athetically avoiding getting a pasting..... later took him out with 4 dogs as a test and it has had a feckin massive impact ;) gonna repeat it until he gets it, play nice with the pit and the pit will play nice back.

• Like 1

Yeah newkid i agree....but if it's as I suspect and the dogs protecting it's home then measures can be taken too ensure it doesn't happen again....I don't believe a dog should die for showing loyalty and being protective...on the other hand only the owner of the dog can honestly know if the dog is aggressive or protective....if it happens off the property then it's another story all together in my opinion....I'm not an expert but i do know the difference between an aggressive dangerous dog and a dog protecting its home....!!!

• Like 1