Aggressive saluki

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

male salukis can be very agressive and dominant this is a natural trait in the breed. Salukis are in general very aloof with other breeds and seem to have a sixth sense as to which are working dogs an

this one hates other dogs, and can do some damage. this ones got kizzy in it like riohog says, best not to let him get to the other dog nuff said, both 100% with people and other animals, they ju

funny you should say that about going for the throat my male saluki is just like that , and if you pull them off and the other dog is still in the field the bugger will go back for another g

Posted Images

mine will let me know up the fields if we are not alone by a low growl, if they see some one the dog will give what i describe as a warning bark,there loyal ,and playfull and protective of the house,my wife and grandson,but the dog has an evil streak,and if a dog starts pushing him thats it ,gloves off,no holds barred and hes going to kill it,

Sounds very handy,I certainly wouldn't have a problem with those traits. ;)

suits me fine, i like my own company :thumbs:

• 8 months later...

Glad I found this topic. My bullgrey X salukigrey is a bit nervous with strange dogs and plays very rough with dogs she does know. Bit two builders last week though (separate occasions). Luckily they weren't p***ed off. Didn't brake the skin just left a nasty mark on one of their legs. Never saw it coming had never shown any aggression before and from what the lads said she didn't make any noise when she bit them just crept up behind them and grabbed their leg. She's just turned 2. Have been stressing about what to do as she is good with my 3 year old daughter and not had anything to do with my 11 month old twins but didn't think she'd have bit ten any one. Wife doesn't trust her any more and wants rid but I don't want to give up on her or just pass her on to some one else. Seem to be alot of good men on this thread so any advice would be appreciated.

Glad I found this topic. My bullgrey X salukigrey is a bit nervous with strange dogs and plays very rough with dogs she does know. Bit two builders last week though (separate occasions). Luckily they weren't p***ed off. Didn't brake the skin just left a nasty mark on one of their legs. Never saw it coming had never shown any aggression before and from what the lads said she didn't make any noise when she bit them just crept up behind them and grabbed their leg. She's just turned 2. Have been stressing about what to do as she is good with my 3 year old daughter and not had anything to do with my 11 month old twins but didn't think she'd have bit ten any one. Wife doesn't trust her any more and wants rid but I don't want to give up on her or just pass her on to some one else. Seem to be alot of good men on this thread so any advice would be appreciated.

cant take a chance near kids...you could muzzle

I would never own a dog like that if it's all ready bitten 2 men what's to say it won't bite a child.and the creeping up behind them in a pre meditated way it's a sly no to be trusted dog. Edited by king
  • Like 1

I would never own a dog like that if it's all ready bitten 2 men what's to say it won't bite a child.and the creeping up behind them in a pre meditated way it's a sly no to be trusted dog in my eyes.

I bought a collie yrs ago it bumped my 18 month old son over and stood over him snarling.that dog went about 13 ft across the kitchen with out touching the floor until it hit the wall with a deep thud.people can slate me as much as they want.and call me a cruel fecker but I don't care to be honest.

i had a first x of handcock,bit a few people great guard dog,must be the collie in them that sneaking about.

There's no collie in her. She's out of my bull cross bitch. Kept her because she was the calmest pup out of litter. But I know what you mean. It's what's playing on my mind and even if she's great with my children doesn't mean she'll be great with our friends children. I bred her so am responsible for making sure she is looked after. I'll have to have her spayed and find an experienced home for her.

The wolf x deer/grey in my avatar turned into a man biter so I shot him. These dogs are too fast and powerful to run the risk of them getting stuck into someone. The dog may never bite you or your family but how would you feel if one day you're out walking, she slips the lead and tears into some schoolkid? Ain't worth the risk bud, there's too many people aggressive dogs in the world without you owning another

• Like 1