Free stop net carrier/basket

Whys that socks,,, them baskets are a pian,,,, personally I hang my baskets up in the van from hooks,,, and bungee them to stop them flapping round,,, I would just do the same with one of them,,,,

Yesterday made me think about getting one of them made,,, I was crawling through a hedge,,, and the bottom of the mesh on the basket was picking up everything. You wouldn't get that with this ,,,, and I bet a single carry box,, might just slot on top of it...

• Like 2

Whys that socks,,, them baskets are a pian,,,, personally I hang my baskets up in the van from hooks,,, and bungee them to stop them flapping round,,, I would just do the same with one of them,,,,

Yesterday made me think about getting one of them made,,, I was crawling through a hedge,,, and the bottom of the mesh on the basket was picking up everything. You wouldn't get that with this ,,,, and I bet a single carry box,, might just slot on top of it...

Not everybody has a van ... When you use a net type basket they can be manipulated and squashed into places ... You couldn't do that with a solid type basket ... Now I am not knocking the set up as I reckon it has its place as one of your tools but you could stack more net type baskets than you will rigid types ..........

That is one advantage over the basket Tomo, I have crawled under trees setting nets and no sticks catching on a net bag. You can also place them on the ground and they wont fall over as the bottom is flat. Make sure to put the slot in on a angle as the bungee wedges the poles in, you can actually pick it up by the poles when the bungee is on.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

As I said it looks good and has a purpous ... But I can use up to 6 or 7 fifty or hundered meter longnets at a time and I would struggle to fit that many rigid baskets in my truck .........

Be easier fitting one of them in the truck instead of my 80`s stop net basket.. Just gonna make one now.

Bob I made one about a month ago,,,,dead easy thanks to liflongs pics,,,,,took 10 mins

I might have cut the front too shallow :laugh: You know when your doing something and slightly feck it..., then lose interest lol. I`ll have another crack at it later.

Yep totally free,,, you see them drums lying around all over,,,,I found I different one on a farm the other week,,,it's thicker plastic,,,it's more rectangular in shape,,,looks like an old water carrying can,,,the type thing you would use camping,,,