Whippet Open At Cambois Greyhound Track.

There ia a Non-Ped Whippet Open on sunday at Cambois Greyhound Track, Blyth, Northumberland. It's great to see these wee dogs running the bends, and last time, there were scratch dogs doing times that Greyhounds would be proud of ! A good day out if you're interested in running dogs ! :thumbs:

Cheers.

• Like 1

Just to add, it's run by Wallsend Rising Sun W.C. and all proceeds go to charity !

Cheers.

sounds good a will go for a look do you have a postcode and time it starts cheers

NE24 1SW; wheigh-in from 11-12, racing from 1. Hope to see you there ! :thumbs:

Cheers.

Shame its so far from me,would enjoy that atb

Ellesmere Port greyhound track have their last lurcher racing this Sunday bud, it's actually Afghan racing first but once they're done they have whippets, lurchers, terriers etc. racing, I think it's about a quid a go or something daft like that. It's been on here a couple of times, search ellesmere port and it should come up :thumbs:

Shame its so far from me,would enjoy that atb

Ellesmere Port greyhound track have their last lurcher racing this Sunday bud, it's actually Afghan racing first but once they're done they have whippets, lurchers, terriers etc. racing, I think it's about a quid a go or something daft like that. It's been on here a couple of times, search ellesmere port and it should come up :thumbs:

Thanks for the info,will check it out :thumbs:

was hoping to go to this one as never been but theres one nearer at highgate so will be going

there abw

some good dogs up the n east should be a good day up there :thumbs:;)

when's the one at higate on mate

Errrr....... The same day; I'd guess !! LOL !! :thumbs:

Cheers.

was hoping to go to this one as never been but theres one nearer at highgate so will be going

there abw

some good dogs up the n east should be a good day up there :thumbs:;)

when's the one at higate on mate

Errrr....... The same day; I'd guess !! LOL !! :thumbs:

Cheers.

Errrr...... i guess ill go an have a look then :tongue2: :tongue2: cheers :thumbs:

• Like 1

Sorry Charts too far away but out of interest what sort of times and over what distances, my ped whip on the track does 250 mts in 17.6 sec and 460 mts in 34.9 sec, whilst at the track a guy was trailing two young 18 mth greys from Ireland and they where doing 250 mts in15.0 secs, how do the non peds fair. Just curious

Bryan.

Sorry Charts too far away but out of interest what sort of times and over what distances, my ped whip on the track does 250 mts in 17.6 sec and 460 mts in 34.9 sec, whilst at the track a guy was trailing two young 18 mth greys from Ireland and they where doing 250 mts in15.0 secs, how do the non peds fair. Just curious

Bryan.

I couldn't qoute times, mate; but there is a Non-Ped Whippet, (I think it's Whippet/Grey), called Love's Lockdown, that has the track record at two greyhound tracks ! That's the Greyhound Track Record ! Last time I was at a Whippet Open at Cambois, the Whippet Scratch dogs were doing faster times than the Greyhounds, and a 30lb Whippet, R.Ch. Mazouma done faster times than most of the Greyhounds trialing that day !! I'm not saying that Whippets are faster than Greyhounds... this is the top Non-Peds, which are usualy heavily Greyhound blooded anyway, racing over the sprint distance, on a flapping track, but the times they do are phenomenal anyway !! They would, I think, be well beaten by Open Class Greyhounds over, say, 480 metres, but they are great to watch !! :thumbs:

Cheers.

Had a look there today, unfortunately a small turn out, around 20 dogs. A shame, as it was well organised, and decent trophies. Still, there was some good racing, and my favourite, R.Ch. Mazouma, didn't let me down and won the Dog Section, but sadly split a web and couldn't race in the Supreme Final; he did do an excellent time of 15.10 in his heat, a time the Greyhounds would have been proud of; and he's just 28 lb !! It's a shame more dogs aren't racing, and it will be a sad day if Whippet Racing is consigned to memory only !!

Cheers.

• Like 1