Scope problems

the problem is this. when you first put the scope on, the turrets will have been screwed right. meaning when you put the scope on it doesnt leave you room to adjust right. take the scope off. unscrew your turret to half way between left and right. if it doesnt say on it. count the clicks. then mount your scope again. this happened on my schmidt & bender 8x56. but this solved it

the problem is this. when you first put the scope on, the turrets will have been screwed right. :hmm: :hmm: And what makes you suggest that, most are "somewhere near" centre when you get them, but even if they were, so what, adjust on the rifle! :yes: :yes: meaning when you put the scope on it doesnt leave you room to adjust right. :hmm: you are again making an assumption the gun was zeroed in this position when the scope was first mounted, the odds are very strong it was not and you would have to adjust in the opposite direction, (if we believe your statement "when you first put the scope on, the turrets will have been screwed right") which on windage would likely put the rifle on zero and the scope adjustment back somewhere near the middle take the scope off. unscrew your turret to half way between left and right. if it doesnt say on it. count the clicks. then mount your scope again. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:Can you please explain why there is any need whatsoever to take the scope off the gun to turn the turret and why it will solve the problem when you re-mount it! The POI will change dramatically if you do this and by the time you adjust it again you will be back where you started. this happened on my schmidt & bender 8x56. but this solved it :hmm:There is no logic whatsoever in your method to solve this problem, if it solved an issue on your S&B I can but suggest you had either really cocked up on mounting it or the reticle/turret was stuck and somehow your movement freed it!

Checking the centre of the windage and elevation turrets is always a good idea prior to mounting any scope, but the primary benefit is for first and true zero on Elevation, windage does not have this problem!

:laugh: :laugh: It seems like it's timwest bashing season, it's not meant to be, but come on, are you 'avin a larf! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker

Haha your so funny! Go buy a cheap scope then! Bet it won't last you anywhere near as long as a decent make, if you want a decent set up, you have to pay the price, when you have your rifle and wondering what scope to buy, just think what you are using your rifle for, and if a shit scope will do the job, fair enough if it will, but if you want precision then you have to pay top money! Why do you think the military kit there snipers out with top of the range scopes? I don't think I've ever seen one with a cheap scope on? Have you? Your just proving how much of a wanker you are? Tim

Haha your so funny! Go buy a cheap scope then! Bet it won't last you anywhere near as long as a decent make, if you want a decent set up, you have to pay the price, when you have your rifle and wondering what scope to buy, just think what you are using your rifle for, and if a shit scope will do the job, fair enough if it will, but if you want precision then you have to pay top money! Why do you think the military kit there snipers out with top of the range scopes? I don't think I've ever seen one with a cheap scope on? Have you? Your just proving how much of a wanker you are? Tim

That's as maybe and is potentially a topic for another thread, but it doesn't address ANY of my comments above. I have disected your post, you have made no defence of it or justified any part of it, your response has simply been to call me a ******.

You are very welcome to your opinion of me but name calling serves no useful purpose on a forum.

That's as maybe and is potentially a topic for another thread, but it doesn't address ANY of my comments above. I have disected your post, you have made no defence of it or justified any part of it, your response has simply been to call me a ******.

You are very welcome to your opinion of me but name calling serves no useful purpose on a forum.

Kettle calling pot ! Deker get your carer to read some of your abusive and S*** slinging posts back to you. :boredom:

Edited by coldweld

To the original poster, can I suggest that you remove your scope mounts and swop them around (if its possible to do). I had the same problem as you once - running out of windage and by swopping the mounts around, it cured the problem - at least its not going to cost you anything.

• 1 month later...

Kettle calling pot ! Deker get your carer to read some of your abusive and S*** slinging posts back to you. :boredom:

God deker you're like dogs**t! it gets trodden everywhere! He's even worse on Pigeon Watch! Where he rarely if ever makes any constructive comments. Maybe he puts too much time and effort into being sarcastic, patronising and unpleasant that he forgets what the original purpose of the thread was. Just a thought......

Who are members more likely to listen to? Someone who is trying to be helpful but may/may not have all the answers but means well. Or a narcissistic arrogant person like you?

And the irony is, your profile statement reads, "To all who want to learn and improve, like me, I commend you, to everyone who already knows it all..Piss off!"

Any chance of your new years resolution being to follow your statement is there?

Edited by jam1e

ignoring the insult run....

asuming you have done all the basics and you are not making a basic mistake, have you checked to see your gun +block +scope alignment is ok to start with.

ie: IN OTHER WORDS HAS YOUR GUN GOT A CROSS OVER PROBLEM?

i'm not saying it is but its worth checking anyway.