carrying a air rifle

If its in a case and your are going from your home to a point where you are shooting I'm pretty sure you could walk even take the bus . Just depends on the local bobbys if they pulled you I have had a bobby go mental when he found a couple of air rifles in the boot he called for ( back up ) and the guy who turned up took one look and sent me on my way when I showed him my gun club membership card. I think it comes down too if they know the law !!

You can carry an air rifle in public place if you have good reason for doing so. If you're walking to your club then that seems like a good reason to me. However, you may get an a......e of a cop that could do you for it and let the courts decide.

I would say that if you were seen by the cops then they would with out a doubt stop you and give you a hard time so if it was me personally, i would drive or get a lift...especially if you have to walk through a built up area :thumbs:

Just to clarify.....

There is no legal requirement to carry an air rifle in a gun slip in a public place

Just common sense says you do to avoid the possible and unesecerry shite that could happen.

In regards to carrying it IN a slip IN a public place, there is feck all anybody can do. Wether your going to the club or to see your nan!!

If your not doing anything wrong. What's the problem?

• Like 2

Just to clarify.....

There is no legal requirement to carry an air rifle in a gun slip in a public place

Just common sense says you do to avoid the possible and unesecerry shite that could happen.

In regards to carrying it IN a slip IN a public place, there is feck all anybody can do. Wether your going to the club or to see your nan!!

You're wrong mate...and not good advice to put on a public forum!!! You can't just throw your rifle over your shoulder and take it for a stroll around town!!!

The law states that you have to have "good reason" for carrying a firearm in a public place ie going to a RFD.

• Like 1

Just to clarify.....

You're wrong mate...and not good advice to put on a public forum!!! You can't just throw your rifle over your shoulder and take it for a stroll around town!!!

The law states that you have to have "good reason" for carrying a firearm in a public place ie going to a RFD.

not Moxy thats wrong there, if you are over eighteen and have ANY good reason to be carrying it, your not breaking the law, just leaving yourself open to any plod that wants to give you a hard time, that means covered or not

Just to clarify.....

Wow, didn't know that, I do remember back in the late 70's I often walked from my mothers house in Liverpool with my old Sussex Armoury Jackal Hi-Power slung over my shoulder to the local allotment gardens where my first ever pest control permission, where I kept Rat and Feral Pigeon numbers in check for the plot owners. The local beat Bobbie back then would often join me in the ''plots'' and kill a few cans, nothing was ever said, by any one re my unsleeved Jackal. I wouldn't dream of attempting that now though.