Reccomend me a .17HMR

why haven't CZ sorted the trigger issue? don't they care that the finished product has to be fixed before its any good ?

That is far too general a statement and therefore incorrect. CZ rimfire triggers are not the best in the world on any model, back from the BRNO days to current. Just the same they are still better than some.

In addition, some are ok, not all need work, but look at the package, you can always go on, why don't they use better wood (actually it's not bad generally), why don't they finish their synthetic stocks better, why don't they improve the bolt action, why don't they...................

I point you in the direction of the post above... :thumbs:

Weirauch, Anschutz, Sako, etc, I defy anyone to suggest they are more accurate or reliable for field use, so what more do you need?

NOTHING is the answer, but some just want more, Fine! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You do get what you pay for IMHO. A higher quality item costs more to produce. Otherwise, you could by a BMW for the price of a fiat. A fiat will still get you from a to b, but the trip would arguabl

The Duncan, has a 60J Hmr and its a great bit of kit,,,, German and precision made, shoots great.   I have a 60J .22Lr and its a great gun, not cheap but you do get what you pay for....   Drop Dun

Got my CZ, on recommendation. from and through a gunsmith who worked for H&H and builds custom varmint rifles. Fitted a rimfire magic trigger kit at £10 cost and it has been superb cant really fa

Posted Images

Hi, I have a 455 16inch barrel in hmr. I really like it. The triggers are nothing like the other model cz's. my dad has a 452 and even with the trigger kit fitted its shite.

Your choice with the weihrauch is a good one, the only downside for me was the hogs back stock it comes with, didn't feel comfortable for me.

Why don't you look at anschutz? Again if you don't mind the price thy are superb and the triggers are just like the hw100.

Other thing to think about is how are you going to use it? From a motor? Walking? Etc etc. barrel length is then an issue.

Sorry another point to make is the stock. Depending how you are going to use it, I would always go for synthetic/laminate. They just withstand the use better and don't warp. If its gonna be a tool for really using and abusing synthetic or laminate. If its gonna look nice walnut. There is nothing better than a nice oiled stock but it hurts like hell when you mark them. Get something that will stand upto it.

Cheers

having had both the anshutz 1517 walnut thumbhole and the cz452 american (when they first came here with long unscrewcut barrels) i can honestly say they both shot exactly the same in terms of my ability to shoot straight, the only differences being aesthetic and in the wallet department.

why haven't CZ sorted the trigger issue? don't they care that the finished product has to be fixed before its any good ?

That is far too general a statement and therefore incorrect. CZ rimfire triggers are not the best in the world on any model, back from the BRNO days to current. Just the same they are still better than some.

In addition, some are ok, not all need work, but look at the package, you can always go on, why don't they use better wood (actually it's not bad generally), why don't they finish their synthetic stocks better, why don't they improve the bolt action, why don't they...................

Weirauch, Anschutz, Sako, etc, I defy anyone to suggest they are more accurate or reliable for field use, so what more do you need?

That is far too general a statement and therefore incorrect. CZ rimfire triggers are not the best in the world on any model, back from the BRNO days to current. Just the same they are still better than some. -

surly a manufacture, would get enough feedback from the customers that they are not happy with the triggers ? and adjust accordingly ? they have sold thousands of there products, so i would of expected them to understand the product ?

Thanks for all the advice. I do like a properly set up trigger and prefer the thumbhole stocks if I'm honest. This looks like it may fit the bill. Apparenly the triggers are pretty good. Anyone used one?

Savage 93R17 BTVSS TB Carbine

post-64187-0-87476500-1353142623.jpeg

Edited by Elliott

That is far too general a statement and therefore incorrect. CZ rimfire triggers are not the best in the world on any model, back from the BRNO days to current. Just the same they are still better than some. -

surly a manufacture, would get enough feedback from the customers that they are not happy with the triggers ? and adjust accordingly ? they have sold thousands of there products, so i would of expected them to understand the product ?

Remington triggers are ****, even their latest attempt, such is life, what you like and want may not be what Joe next doors wants.

PLENTY of CZ triggers are original, plenty are not.

Look at the 10/22, many people buy one of those, take it apart, throw half of it away and replace with aftermarket parts. surly a manufacture, would get enough feedback from the customers that they are not happy they have sold thousands of there products, so i would of expected them to understand the product :hmm::thumbs:

interesting thread I find it funny that those folk that change from a cz to annie/sako never say god I wish i'd kept the cz instead having had all 3 of the above and still have a 1417 I prefered the annie recently I bought a buckmark for my kids had the barrel chopped to 12" and now the annie never leaves the cabinet but my little buckmark comes to work everyday and the kids have lost their gun LOL

interesting thread I find it funny that those folk that change from a cz to annie/sako never say god I wish i'd kept the cz instead having had all 3 of the above and still have a 1417 I prefered the annie recently I bought a buckmark for my kids had the barrel chopped to 12" and now the annie never leaves the cabinet but my little buckmark comes to work everyday and the kids have lost their gun LOL

i did the same thing with a 20bore i bought for one of my lads, i never use anything else now :laugh:

Thanks for all the advice. I do like a properly set up trigger and prefer the thumbhole stocks if I'm honest. This looks like it may fit the bill. Apparenly the triggers are pretty good. Anyone used one?

Savage 93R17 BTVSS TB Carbine

you wont regret buying it mine shoots really well and the trigger is far better than the cz i have the cost is about 550 so its in between a cz and the annie it all comes down to what your personal needs are and how much is in your wallet atbpost-56937-0-30669200-1353152426_thumb.jpg

post-56937-0-02403700-1353152315.jpg

Edited by b53hunt

Price for sure will play a big factor in anyones choice of rifle, shotgun or air rifle.

With a rifle you still have to think of the rest of the kit ie scope moderator bipod sling these cost varying sums and add to the overall cost of the setup.

If you have a bottomless pit or a money tree then go nuts! for most of us it has to fit our pocket so the choice is limited by cost!!

When my money tree finally bears fruit I may well get one custom built for the hell of it and I have no doubt it would be better than anything commercially available until then I will stick to the CZ!!

Edited by masmiffy