Are LEI Mods any good

Hi LEI used to make stuff for military use. Now gone into civilian market heard good things about their mods for .17 but they are expensive. Not got one myself but a friend has one on his .17hmr as said above very small but to be honest no quieter than the sirocco on my hmr and that only cost me £35. I have no doubt his will last a lot longer than mine but it should do at 3x the price.

Good mods but expensive.

One thing i don't like about the LEI on my 17 is you can't clean it. It's a sealed MOD. A fter I've been shooting i take it off and have to tap it on some thing hard, usually the tiles round the sink and this drives the wife nuts, to get any unspent powder residue type stuff out. Some times there's quite a bit. Does any one know a way to clean a sealed MOD????

One thing i don't like about the LEI on my 17 is you can't clean it. It's a sealed MOD. A fter I've been shooting i take it off and have to tap it on some thing hard, usually the tiles round the sink and this drives the wife nuts, to get any unspent powder residue type stuff out. Some times there's quite a bit. Does any one know a way to clean a sealed MOD????

i use the vaccuuum cleaner to try get rid of powder. the spray wd40 down it then circle it around to make sure it gets every where inside the baffles then turn on end and stand it on radiator to dry. i do this to my t8. it stops it rusting as wd40 displaces water/moisture, every once in a while i use the brush for my rifle barrel. and give the baffles a good brushing out. Edited by timwest

i use the vaccuuum cleaner to try get rid of powder. the spray wd40 down it then circle it around to make sure it gets every where inside the baffles then turn on end and stand it on radiator to dry. i do this to my t8. it stops it rusting as wd40 displaces water/moisture, every once in a while i use the brush for my rifle barrel. and give the baffles a good brushing out.

Vaccuum cleaner!, that's a good idea. When i put the MOD back on i always wonder if some crap is going to fall back down the barrel, but a vaccuum would soirt that. The LEI is stainless so it's all right on the rust front.

i use the vaccuuum cleaner to try get rid of powder. the spray wd40 down it then circle it around to make sure it gets every where inside the baffles then turn on end and stand it on radiator to dry. i do this to my t8. it stops it rusting as wd40 displaces water/moisture, every once in a while i use the brush for my rifle barrel. and give the baffles a good brushing out.

Vaccuum cleaner!, that's a good idea. When i put the MOD back on i always wonder if some crap is going to fall back down the barrel, but a vaccuum would soirt that. The LEI is stainless so it's all right on the rust front.

lol, ah the t8's rust like f**k if you dont look after them, ive heard of cases where they've welded themselves to the barrel. thats why you should take them off after use.