help with lamping bunnies

Hi guys as the title says I'm in need of some help with my lamping,

Currently I'm using a logun lamp with 6v bat for my lamping trips and I've started to notice I'm getting a flare come though my scope while I'm shooting with the lamp fitted on my scope.

Is there a way of getting rid of this, I've put camo tape round my silencer thinking that would help but to find it hadn't, o well back to the drawing board.

I'm been suggested to move the scope back away from the end of my scope and towards the eye piece don't know it its going to work.

While I'm on the subject of lamps I've been offered a lamp off a shooting bud that his used for awhile but now he's gone to night light he's not using it, its a lightforce 140 and he's offered it me for around the £60 mark.

Has anyone had any experence with these lamps

Any comments would be great,

Thanks

Have you checked if the bulb is the correct one? Presuming you got the lamp second hand??

Logun bulbs are a certain degree of light angle throw 12 degree i think?, b&q do a similar replacement bulb but these cast a shadow or halo.

Try put tape on the inside of the reflective cone of the lamp, just 5mm ish from the end, that will dampen the glow a little, however it will also reduce your lamps range a tad.

A lightforce is overkill for an air rifle unless its got a dimmer kit

• Like 1

way i read your post, your saying your getting glare (like sunlight) back through your scope, try mounting your lamp/torch a little further back on your scope, if its anywhere near the front you get light bleeding straight in to the front lens and that gives glare problems, other way out is to rig up something like a sun shade on your torch to focus the light more

Have you checked if the bulb is the correct one? Presuming you got the lamp second hand??

Logun bulbs are a certain degree of light angle throw 12 degree i think?, b&q do a similar replacement bulb but these cast a shadow or halo.

Try put tape on the inside of the reflective cone of the lamp, just 5mm ish from the end, that will dampen the glow a little, however it will also reduce your lamps range a tad.

A lightforce is overkill for an air rifle unless its got a dimmer kit

Hi mate ive checked the bulb it is the correct one, i brought it from a gun shop near me £15

way i read your post, your saying your getting glare (like sunlight) back through your scope, try mounting your lamp/torch a little further back on your scope, if its anywhere near the front you get light bleeding straight in to the front lens and that gives glare problems, other way out is to rig up something like a sun shade on your torch to focus the light more

Hi mate the lamp has already got its own extension tube fitted to it. Im going to try moving the lamp back ready for the next time i go

I have had it second hand it come with the springer i brought from my unlce years ago but never really got the chance to use it, Now i have my FX im using it alot more,

Not really happy with how its proforming which is why im thinking of getting a new one,

A friernd has a lightforce 140 for sale which im thinking about or maybe a tracer model not sure yet

• 1 month later...