hi a few months back my collie grey started showing signs of ringworm he had 1 big sore on his front leg which i thought was an injury so did the vets, until it didnt heal and was getting bigger. So i took him back to the vets and they used an ultra violet lamp which shows up ringworm spores which it did so they gave me imaverol wash which cleared up the sore in no time, ever since that more and more sores keep popping up and ive been washing him with imaverol for over 10 weeks now. I took him back to the vets a few week back becuase they wernt clearing up and i keep finding more on him so he gave me some Nizarol tablets which are antifungal tablets which hes been on now for 3 weeks. To be honest he dosnt look any better and hes not his self at all, his back legs have quite a few sores on then and 1 of them is size of a 10p coin and looks very sore, his tail has lost hair and there is also ringworm sores on it aswell. ive tried everything and hes back and forth from the vets and these tablets are 50quid a go for 15 days worth. im still using the wash and they do clear up but then ill find another 1 on him next time i go to wash him. the poor lad has missed nearly all this season because of it and i just dont know what to do anymore he just cant seem to get rid of it. hes in a pen with my other dog which has never shown any signs of ringworm but i wash him aswell just incase. Any help would be very appreciated

•  

Give the dog a bathicon1.png using medicated shampoo. The veterinarian's office can supply you with an antifungal medicated shampoo. The fungus spores can live in the dog's fur, making it difficult to eradicate ringworm, particularly in more serious cases. So a medicated shampoo is recommended twice a week for 2 consecutive weeks. The first shampoo should be performed when the dog is started on prescription medication. Most medicated shampoos will need to be left on the dog's skin for about 10 minutes to be effective.

Launder all bedding, dog toys, blankets, dog clothes, collars and other items that the dog has contacted directly. Use a color-safe bleach and detergent to remove fungus spores from the dog's environment. This should be done on the same day that treatment is started and again as the treatment ends, usually 7 to 10 days later.
    Read more: How to Get Rid of Ringworm in Dogs | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4841268_rid-ringworm-dogs.html#ixzz2C2RtmUvR

go to the hairdressers and get a large bottle of barbercide mix some up and put it in a spray bottle and spray the infected areas and wash all his blankets on a hot wash and add a drop of barbercide to the wash use barbercide to wipe over any areas ie plastic beds etc

• Like 1