Nite-Hunter Sniper Cam HD vs Nite Site NS50

I agree and its thanks to nitehunter that nitesite have no patent on this type of system like the night-eye500 :thumbs: and that keeps competition fair and makes pricing better for the buyer ;)

The new NS50 has the same board camera as the NS200 now and the difference is the 50 is set to B/W (dont know why they felt they had to do that) and only has a single illuminator. So now an NS50 only needs an extra IR to work better.

Edited by snypercat

i thought i would add a little to this post,i have been using the Sniper Cam for ages now and in all conditions it works perfectly i have used it in a blizzard shooting rats i have used it for reasonable 22lr range rabbit shooting and found it to be very very easy to use.

you just turn it on and by way of a wired remote you just press it to record and press it again to stop i cant see how it can be any simpler to be honest.

i am not sponsored in anyway by Nite Hunter but just feel that his product is far superior to the competition its easier to use less cumbersome and you feel like you are still shooting like you would if you were looking down your scope so it feels natural instead of trying to shoot as if you were looking at a mobile phone or one of these computer tablet things.

and the distance you can shoot at if you so wish is only restricted by your scope and your capabilities.

check out my youtube channel "ThePestControllers" if you want to see the Sniper Cam from Nite-Hunter.com in action and see it being used for real in real conditions not a set up for an advert.

Cheers

Daz

Hi Daz the snipercam in my experience has the clearest image and by far the furthest range.

Personally I don't like systems where you have to keep the viewer to your eye, I prefer a screen which I know isn't any good for a lot of applications where the quarry is shy!

Hi Snypercat

yes i agree with you it is a drawback with the light shining from the screen but i think the main problem i have is focusing on the screen and lining

shots up because i need to were glasses to see the screen (i am getting old) so the sniper cam method means i don't need to wear glasses

not that i mind wearing glasses but i don't need them for anything else so i end up taking them on and off and it gets a bit frustrating after a while.

a bit like that fella on country file who had to keep taking his glasses on and off how annoying was that every 2 seconds.

but i guess its horses for courses.

i think the screen method would be a great idea if you were sat in one place like on one of those idleback shooting chairs it would work a treat then

because you could sit back and relax.

by the way how is your shooting going i have not seen a lot from you recently i quite like watching your videos it was you who got me into night vision shooting.

i am still signed up to your youtube channel.

have you watched any of my videos.

Cheers

Daz

Hi Daz I haven't been ratting for ages to be honest. I am tinkering with DIY NV like many enthusiasts ;)

I still like to use the camcorder but it has limited range though IR LED technology is moving forward nicely so when I next go out I will be using one of my own designs which might be zoomable aspheric or reflector fitted with a dimmer, depends which works best for the job ;)

Ive got a lathe now and tons of electronic bits (lots of blown stuff :blink::D ) but its very interesting stuff.

ATB
Emma

Hi Emma

sounds like you are really into tinkering all you need now is a little milling machine and you can make anything.

sorry forgot and some knowledge :thumbs:

shame i am not nearer i would be very interest in tinkering i love messing about trying new ideas.

i make oak furniture for a living.

cheers

Daz

• 10 months later...

No idea tbh,the setup was no worse or better than others to be honest I think it might be the company letting down the product more than the product letting down the company.

But in my opinion I am happy it was out there as it helped,like many other units,to get people into making their own but at far less cost this in turn has helped to bring better units to the market for those who don't want to or can't for any reason make their own.

Looking forward to the ATN x sight....should it ever arrive :laugh: