Coursing dogs and Owners in Darcy's new book !!

Who's to judge if lads want to seal their imortality by appearing in a book fair play to them i say then again most of the old poachers and such like if asked if they wanted to recount some of their exspieriences in a book their words would start with f--k and end with off lol

• Like 3

I'm half way through the book now. There are some different views on bringing a dog on, for example one guy is running hares at 8 months while another is waiting till the dogs nearly 2. They all have one thing in common though, and that there all ruthless b*****ds. Not many keep a dog till old age and one guy even bred an 18 month old bitch and sold a bitch in pup. Good book though.

Mi lad got book al the greats having there say T howli piece good read mona bich dickinsons fordy a lot dogs yu read on here buddy P noon give gud bit on lucas dog barney top stud kiper days interstin glossy shots all famous dogs get a mention storys on days out with them valu for dosh

• Like 1

It's alot of history, getting history down while people are still alive. Talking about the memorable days, some famous matches and famous dogs. No one is trying to be better than anyone else in the book, they're all in the dog game for the love of dogs, just like all genuine hunting men. But, like us all, they and their dogs have a story to tell.

I'm working on the second one at the moment, lots more to discuss.

Tony Howley and Jimmy Ford played such an enormous part in things, their input and generosity can never be underestimated, The Forley was, perhaps, one of the biggest things to happen in the history of the modern-day running dog. But that's just MHO.........JD

• Like 3

I enjoyed it more than hare and hound cos theres more reading in it. one thing stood out all the way through and that is how all of these men respect the hare no lamping it no doubling dogs up running the best hares they can get at the right time of year the youngsters coming into the game would do well to read this book and learn well from it :thumbs:

• Like 8

As has been said, it is the 1st book of two & i know that there are some men in it who do not seek any limelight & have been sought out & researched before being included. This is not some Hunter`s All pat on the back manual & many may disagree with the opinion`s of those interviewed but it is conducted without biast. Interesting view`s & historical data & photo`s,BUT WHAT THE HELL IS GARY DIC`s & NOONY DOING IN IT!! lol.. :thumbs: :thumbs: