DOG BREEDS YOU WOULD NEVER OWN

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nearly all dogs do a job of work, does not matter if they hunt or not. Ask any old person who has a dog as a companion if that dog works for them. Or the kid with a mongrel that follows it round all d

Yorkshire terrier bloody INSULT TO YORKSHIRE!!!

Any of the breeds with loads of slaver, Bulldogs, St. Bernards, Great Danes etc Any of "new" cross breeds, Yorkie Poos, Labradoodles, Cocker Poos, Springadors, there's feckin loads every week in our

Dalmatians

Rottweilers

Dobermans

Chows

Akitas

Bearded collies

Rhodesian ridgebacks

Springer spaniels

Cocker spaniels

Corgi

Shnauzer......all sizes

Pekinese

cant stand any of the above.........i'd not have a dog if they were the only breeds available

Why no Spaniels, Vixen? Each to their own of course!

just dont like them, dont like their temperament or to look at, i've never met a spaniel i've liked except the little cavalier :)

edited to add...........i cant stand labradors or retrievers either

Edited by vixen

Of course no one can tell you what dog to like; and I'd never have thought I'd own a Doberman for over 12 years ! I was gifted a Saluki years ago, and when he finaly had to be PTS at 17 year old, the guy that gave him to me sent a Doberman to replace him !! Of course I had to accept this thoughtful gift, but it wouldn't have been the dog of choice !! I brought this bitch back to the UK and she started a whole new carreer working with the Lurchers and did a great job ! A fantastic house dog, guard dog, pet, companion, but would I buy a Doberman ? Definatly not ! Would I have parted with her ? Definately not ! She was another experience in owning dogs. So, never say never; where dogs are concerned !! :thumbs:

Cheers.

• Like 5

Oh and Rottweilers, Alsations and Dobermans.

Could never trust any of them feckers not to be biters.

Cheers, D.

very bold statement.

I meant that "I" could never trust them, due to "my" experiences. Sure there are good and bad in all breeds :thumbs:

Cheers, D.

,Would never have a Rottie,spent a lot of time around them,the ex wifes family kept/bred/showed them so I saw plenty of them,seen far too many with temperament problems in theirs and others at shows,would rather have a Bichon Frise :laugh: not a big fan of GSD,s or Dobermans either

• Like 2

Dalmatians

Rottweilers

Dobermans

Chows

Akitas

Bearded collies

Rhodesian ridgebacks

Springer spaniels

Cocker spaniels

Corgi

Shnauzer......all sizes

Pekinese

cant stand any of the above.........i'd not have a dog if they were the only breeds available

just dont like them, dont like their temperament

Fair enough - obviously you work your running dogs/terriers so our opinions will differ but i'd like to know why you don't fancy a Spaniels temperament??

Dalmatians

Rottweilers

Dobermans

Chows

Akitas

Bearded collies

Rhodesian ridgebacks

Springer spaniels

Cocker spaniels

Corgi

Shnauzer......all sizes

Pekinese

just dont like them, dont like their temperament

Fair enough - obviously you work your running dogs/terriers so our opinions will differ but i'd like to know why you don't fancy a Spaniels temperament??

Having worked years grooming all breeds the springers were always strange natured, some would be downright nasty and try and bite, others were hyperactive wrecks, cockers were all just neurotic , my friend breeds springers for work (she shoots) and i cant stand hers either, they are always 100mph everywhere, my other friend works cockers and i do prefer the working cockers but wouldn't ever have one............ i just dont like spaniels same as other breeds i dont like

• 2 weeks later...

Best dog missus had was a rotty,good with kids guard etc but that was years ago,probably be hard pushed to find another like her.

The American bulldog here now I could quite happily shoot if I had a 12 bore.useless lump of shite.

Got to disagree with carrahs gem the elkhound I had displayed a lot of farm dog traits and used to get exercised a lot with the gsd Lurcher in the woods out back.

Plus when turned loose no one entered the garden.but he was a One man dog same as the Lurcher ,neither liked the missus.

One dog I'm surprised about is a Lhasa apso,thought it would be a fanny fluffer but several are alert watchdogs .

I wouldn't own most dogs to be honest! But the top of my list would be rottweilers - only ever met one ok temperament one. Spaniels - all kinds just can't stand them temp and looks. Any long haired/scruffy haired/non smooth coated dog lol!! Any dog with loads of hair/fur around the face and mouth. british bulldog - ugly, smelly and never met a nice temp one. Dislike most terriers also especially jack russells. Bassett hounds and beagles i would never touch either, any scent hound infact. Be easier to list what dogs i would own!!!

Right now i wouldn't own any dog that didn't earn its keep,but when i'm an old man or if i was just lonely with no family and didn't work dogs i'd happily own a toy/pet bred dog.

no point having a working dog and never working it imo.

but with that said i'd never own a bulldog or any other really unhealthy breed,walking vet bills.