fox calling

i agree with you there darren .one shake off one of them hounds and job done.

It is everytime,too many people comment its cruel with out really taking time to understand it,and I feel hunting with dogs is veiwed with real prejudice,and suffer's real discrimination,so to hear it from one of our own is bad in my eye's, we must use rational thoughts when forming opinion,not ones based on emotion,hunting need's to go on for the next 1,000 yr's,not victim of a unjust ban,forced by ministers with a real lack of impartiallity,and intent on there own political gain with no grasp of the role responsibilities that they signed up for,ie to serve the people,
  • Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Foxes killed by hunt packs die Instantly,I am not going to get into this,your opinion is your opinon,I have held a firearm cert for 27 yr I have shot foxes with many calibers and yes its quick in the

Lef-ri, lef-ri, lef-ri, lef-ri, lef-ri, lef-ri, teeeeeeeeeeeeen-hup!  

Jebus, they'll have internet next

shooting a fox is the most humane method of controlling them, its an instant kill (providing you can shoot and know your rifle and its limitations) using dogs and traps is causing them to suffer!

Foxes killed by hunt packs die Instantly,I am not going to get into this,your opinion is your opinon,I have held a firearm cert for 27 yr I have shot foxes with many calibers and yes its quick in the right hands,there in lays the problem,people can miss the vital spot, lame,use the wrong caliber,a multitude of problems can occur, but one thing I know for sure,them hounds dont laim, or use the wrong caliber,and if they miss theres no harm done,but as sure as eggs are eggs if its caught its dead,and for any one dicipline within the hunting community, to take the moral high ground in my opinion is wrong,I would not be able to bring myself to criticise the prefered method of other individuals,tried and tested methods used for hundreds of year's,

well said

shooting a fox is the most humane method of controlling them, its an instant kill (providing you can shoot and know your rifle and its limitations) using dogs and traps is causing them to suffer!

Foxes killed by hunt packs die Instantly,I am not going to get into this,your opinion is your opinon,I have held a firearm cert for 27 yr I have shot foxes with many calibers and yes its quick in the right hands,there in lays the problem,people can miss the vital spot, lame,use the wrong caliber,a multitude of problems can occur, but one thing I know for sure,them hounds dont laim, or use the wrong caliber,and if they miss theres no harm done,but as sure as eggs are eggs if its caught its dead,and for any one dicipline within the hunting community, to take the moral high ground in my opinion is wrong,I would not be able to bring myself to criticise the prefered method of other individuals,tried and tested methods used for hundreds of year's,

agreed my main point on another thred same poster is the lack of respect for the qarry and field craft just can not get my head around some one wanting to post a picture of a gut shot hind qauters etc , iam in the main a hound and terrier man but know and respect the value of the rifle and in the right hands and circumstance is invaluble ,
  • Like 1

i agree with you there darren .one shake off one of them hounds and job done.

It is everytime,too many people comment its cruel with out really taking time to understand it,and I feel hunting with dogs is veiwed with real prejudice,and suffer's real discrimination,so to hear it from one of our own is bad in my eye's, we must use rational thoughts when forming opinion,not ones based on emotion,hunting need's to go on for the next 1,000 yr's,not victim of a unjust ban,forced by ministers with a real lack of impartiallity,and intent on there own political gain with no grasp of the role responsibilities that they signed up for,ie to serve the people,

We shouldn't attack each other, end of :thumbs: There are few enough of us as it is without being divided.

• Like 2

John its not about attacking each other its about discusion a could not give flying fook about antis , there are far to many lads pcking up permision then get fac withought the basic skills then running round taking pot shots look at the photos posted . Their lack of range knoledge etc. beggers belief. Fook knowshow many beasts they have wouded and die a long death !!!!!! But all legal ah well eh

• Like 2

John its not about attacking each other its about discusion a could not give flying fook about antis , there are far to many lads pcking up permision then get fac withought the basic skills then running round taking pot shots look at the photos posted . Their lack of range knoledge etc. beggers belief. Fook knowshow many beasts they have wouded and die a long death !!!!!! But all legal ah well eh

Yes, it is legal. I strongly disagree with the hunting ban on dogs, it's not right.

You only have to look in other sections of this site to see worse going on in other forms of hunting, legal issues firmly put aside.

All these "discussions" boil down to is point scoring between us, because 9 times out of 10 these things turn nasty, points that other people might not have copped to so far and I think they should be left in the dark about them TBH.

Totaly agree I am having to change what I do now,everythings shy,I am still catching mind but having to adjust my ways,using all legal methods,at one time you could mop up a couple of litters of cub's in no time,now they are well grown when the emerge from the maize fields,as that's harvested late up here,and pot shotter's cause nothing but problems,

Totaly agree I am having to change what I do now,everythings shy,I am still catching mind but having to adjust my ways,using all legal methods,at one time you could mop up a couple of litters of cub's in no time,now they are well grown when the emerge from the maize fields,as that's harvested late up here,and pot shotter's cause nothing but problems,

. Got talking to one by the side of the road fresh scat by the gate in to the field i said fresh that one lookig at it , he looks strait at me and says lazy b*****ds think they would pick it up , DOG SHITE he THOUGHT IT WAS DOG SHITE
  • Like 2

Yes, it is legal. I strongly disagree with the hunting ban on dogs, it's not right.

You only have to look in other sections of this site to see worse going on in other forms of hunting, legal issues firmly put aside.

All these "discussions" boil down to is point scoring between us, because 9 times out of 10 these things turn nasty, points that other people might not have copped to so far and I think they should be left in the dark about them TBH.

yeh and their the ones roaming round with rifle ooops sorry driving

. Got talking to one by the side of the road fresh scat by the gate in to the field i said fresh that one lookig at it , he looks strait at me and says lazy b*****ds think they would pick it up , DOG SHITE he THOUGHT IT WAS DOG SHITE

Sadly that sums a lot of them up im afraid

Sadly that sums a lot of them up im afraid

anyway, how about we get back onto the subject of calling lol? anymore useful tips from anyone?

Like the one i had last night with my lurcher dead on impact and brought back to hand, seen many a fox injured and in pain with shot guns and rifles, no matter how good you are you wont kill every one instantly.

So, no fella running a dog has ever made a lamp shy fox? If you're saying that, it's very far from the truth.

Any fox given a fright on a lamp won't hang around again for one anytime soon.

Like the one i had last night with my lurcher dead on impact and brought back to hand, seen many a fox injured and in pain with shot guns and rifles, no matter how good you are you wont kill every one instantly.

if you are sensible enough, and can shoot and you shoot a fox at a sensible range, why wouldn't it be dead everytime? You saying a shot to the heart/lungs will drop a fox then it'll get back up and run off?