A passion for coursing

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Civilisations have allways been judged by their literature and books. The heathens and dictators have burnt books; from the Roman times to Hitler, and the Communists, to keep the people uninformed !!

Agreed even better if more copies are printed and its dosent become rare.

So do the same as me and hit the "REPORT" BUTTON !! This thread should be where it will be read most; in the "Running Dog" forum !! Why has it been relagated to this barely read forum ??   Cheers.

The first in a series of books filled to the brim with running dog history, the likes of which can not, nor will not, ever be repeated. Seventeen lurcher men are featured within this high-quality hardback as they discuss their life and their dogs. At over 260 pages long this colourful publication has hundreds of old, old photographs as well as some more recent ones of quarry being coursed as seen through Darcy’s lense. Never before has a book covered so much running dog history, anecdotes and stories of our fleet footed friends. Kipper, Kenny Hall, Tony Howley, Jimmy Ford, Juddy Potter, Chalkie White and many more are featured within. With over 70,000 words, you’ll be occupied for some time reading this thick volume. This is one of a series, so be sure not to miss it! Others to follow soon!

Civilisations have allways been judged by their literature and books. The heathens and dictators have burnt books; from the Roman times to Hitler, and the Communists, to keep the people uninformed !! The Labour Government banned Coursing, and would like it erased from history; but as long as books like this are written, with interviews and pictures that are from the recent LEGAL past, then the next generation of coursers will be aware of what we had and continue to fight for the repeal of an unjust and wrong Law !!!

• Like 5

Civilisations have allways been judged by their literature and books. The heathens and dictators have burnt books; from the Roman times to Hitler, and the Communists, to keep the people uninformed !! The Labour Government banned Coursing, and would like it erased from history; but as long as books like this are written, with interviews and pictures that are from the recent LEGAL past, then the next generation of coursers will be aware of what we had and continue to fight for the repeal of an unjust and wrong Law !!!

Agreed even better if more copies are printed and its dosent become rare.
  • Like 2

Who's moving these posts ?? They are completely relevant to Lurchers and Running dogs; so why move them to an obscure forum on the site ??? Are you trying to restrict participation ?? Or justify your posistion as mods ??

Cheers.

thats mods for you great with pc :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::thumbs:

So do the same as me and hit the "REPORT" BUTTON !! This thread should be where it will be read most; in the "Running Dog" forum !! Why has it been relagated to this barely read forum ??

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 1

Who's moving these posts ?? They are completely relevant to Lurchers and Running dogs; so why move them to an obscure forum on the site ??? Are you trying to restrict participation ?? Or justify your posistion as mods ??

Cheers.

thats mods for you great with pc :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::thumbs:

So do the same as me and hit the "REPORT" BUTTON !! This thread should be where it will be read most; in the "Running Dog" forum !! Why has it been relagated to this barely read forum ??

Cheers.

If, like I do, after you've read the forums you are most interested in, I go to "view new topics".

I can see all the relevent posts since my last visit, skim over the stuff I'm not interested in

and click on any post that has relevence to your interests.

HTH. :tongue2:

PS. That's how I saw your post.

Cheers, D.

Edited by dytkos

its a hunting related book so its in the hunting books section, if it was a strong stuff slip lead or midnight knife it would be in the craft and diy section, ferrets in the ferret section ect. if you want to discuss people/dogs in the book then a post about these people/dogs in the running dog discussion section would be appropriate.

Thanks for your reply and explanation. I, personaly, would have thought that a post that would have generated replies about Lurchers, Coursing, and top class dog owners, would have been better placed in a forum were it would be most read !! I.E. "Lurchers & Running Dogs" ! If you want to be dogmatic and keep it in a rarley read forum, that is your perogative as a Moderator. But you should be aware that some forums are read by FAR more members than other forums ! I appreciate the job you do as a Moderater, especialy as a NEW Mod, but perhaps you could take a leaf out of other Mods books, such as Simo and Bosun, and not be so dogmatic and possibly use a bit more common sense ? # :laugh: