rip off shoot beware !!!

HI ALL,

JUST THOUGHT I HAD TO POST THIS ,ABOUT A SHOOT I JOINED IN NORTH YORKS (BE PATIENT ) :angel: .WENT LOOKED ROUND THIS SHOOT IN SUMMER ,SEEMED A GREAT LITTLE SET UP SO PAYED MY DUES FOR A HALF GUN IN CASH DIDNT GET A RECEIPT THAT DAY ,BUT THE LAD TOOK MY DETAILS ETC SAID HE WOULD FORWARD A RECEIPT LATER WITH SHOOT DATES (MAYBE A BIT DAFT BUT A GENTLEMANS AGREEMENT I THOUGHT) :hmm:.SO MONTHS WENT BY GOT NOTHING APART FROM A TXT ABOUT DATES , SO TRIED TO CONTACT WEEK BEFORE MY FIRST DAY(OCT) TO CONFIRM DATES AFTER NUMEROUS PHONE CALLS ,TEXTS NO REPLY,EVENTUALLY GOT AN E MAIL 9 30 THE NIGHT BEFORE SAYING I COULD SHOOT BUT UNDER SOMEONE ELSES NAME, WHAT THE F :censored: CK !!.SO I DIDNT GO, ALARM BELLS WERE RINGING NOW!!.SO IAM SUPPOSED TO BE SHOOTING TOMOZ , BUT GUESS WHAT AFTER SEVERAL PHONE CALLS ,NO REPLY AGAIN.JUST RECEIVED A TXT SAYING NO ROOM FOR ME THIS WEEKEND EITHER !!! :hmm: BUT DID RECEIVE A TXT SAYING THEY WILL REFUND TWO DAYS IVE MISSED AND WILL PAY BY BACS (YEAH RIGHT LOL !!) MAYBE IAM BEING A BIT NEGATIVE BUT I THINK THESE F :censored: CKERS ARE HAVING MY PANTS DOWN .I WONT TO GO ROUND AND KNOCK THE S*IT OUT OF EM BUT ILL PROBS END UP LOSING MY GUN LICENSE.THE REASON WHY HAVE POSTED THIS IS BECAUSE I DONT WANT ANYONE ELSE GETTING SCREWED OVER :cray:.I WILL GIVE NAMES AND DETAILS NXT WEEK IF I HAVNT BEEN REFUNDED .

:whistling:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For fucks sake name and shame or shut the f**k up you whining bitch what's the point of putting the original post up if your not going to do something about it why bother texting the man go see him fa

Think you need to turn up on a shoot day and ask for an explanation and or a full refund

Aye don't get yourself in trouble but don't let them get away with it. Tell the fella you'll be meeting him at the first drive and you expect your money to be in his wallet ready to refund you in full

you,re point is ???

My point is why didnt you go? I have no idea why he wanted to change your name and although it does seem like its been handled very badly you got given a date to go and you never turned up. Do you think these shoots run around after yourself?

The shoot SHOULD run around after him if he's paid his money up front, they should be keeping him fully up to date with any problems regarding numbers, and they should be going to him with his refund, if the guy wants to pull out because he does not want to shoot under someone elses name and he thinks the whole situation is a complete cluster f##k then he should be able to do that, what if he accidently shoots someone?, or accidently gets shot?, how will that affect the insurance?.... But, since the guy who has got his money seems non too bothered about returning his calls he should have turned up before now to voice his concerns face to face without confrontation, then taken it further if necessary.

The shoot SHOULD run around after him if he's paid his money up front, they should be keeping him fully up to date with any problems regarding numbers, and they should be going to him with his refund, if the guy wants to pull out because he does not want to shoot under someone elses name and he thinks the whole situation is a complete cluster f##k then he should be able to do that, what if he accidently shoots someone?, or accidently gets shot?, how will that affect the insurance?.... But, since the guy who has got his money seems non too bothered about returning his calls he should have turned up before now to voice his concerns face to face without confrontation, then taken it further if necessary.

You must have been there and heard everything..... :icon_eek: . He was given a day...he should have turned up and said "I've paid and no i wont be shooting under someone else s name!!" He decided not to go....did he contact the keeper and say he would not be attending? As ive said the situation seems like it was handled badly, however i dont think he helped his case any!!

And I ask again what shoot is this?

If it is as badly run as suggested others should be warned. I don't know how much you've paid Leethetree but I bet it wont be cheap for a driven pheasant syndicate, you could save someone following in your shoes the same problem.

Edited to add. The reason people are asking is probably due to the title of your post "Rip Off Shoot Beware" beware of what??

No actually, i was'nt there at all, i don't know the bloke from Adam, and they did'nt "give" him a day....he paid good money for half a gun!!, you make it sound as though they where doing him a favour, if he did'nt want to go cos alarm bells where ringing, he did'nt have to, whoever he paid his hard earned money to is totally disrespectful in my opinion, for not responding to his attempts to communicate and only emailing him at 9.30 the night before, it should have been a phone call much sooner with a full explanation so an informed decision could have been made with regard to safety and insurance. But like i say i would have been through to sort the situation out by now, certainly before i was due to shoot again.

• Like 1

No actually, i was'nt there at all, i don't know the bloke from Adam, and they did'nt "give" him a day....he paid good money for half a gun!!, you make it sound as though they where doing him a favour, if he did'nt want to go cos alarm bells where ringing, he did'nt have to, whoever he paid his hard earned money to is totally disrespectful in my opinion, for not responding to his attempts to communicate and only emailing him at 9.30 the night before, it should have been a phone call much sooner with a full explanation so an informed decision could have been made with regard to safety and insurance. But like i say i would have been through to sort the situation out by now, certainly before i was due to shoot again.

They did "give" him a day.....doesn't matter how much money you have you get a day thats available. He is also a half gun joining in with another group, he's not taking a full day himself. Again i said its been handled very badly by the keeper for reasons we do not know but the facts are he was given a day(said so himself) and he never went. He should have went and discussed this name changing shite on the day. He never done that and now looks like he is struggling for a day.

They did "give" him a day.....doesn't matter how much money you have you get a day thats available. He is also a half gun joining in with another group, he's not taking a full day himself. Again i said its been handled very badly by the keeper for reasons we do not know but the facts are he was given a day(said so himself) and he never went. He should have went and discussed this name changing shite on the day. He never done that and now looks like he is struggling for a day.

just being picky but he didnt' mention the keeper at all chances are it's a shoot captain and nowt to do with the keeper mate :thumbs:

• Like 1

just being picky but he didnt' mention the keeper at all chances are it's a shoot captain and nowt to do with the keeper mate :thumbs:

Ive a sneaky feeling there the same person anyway. By the sounds of it its not a large shoot....i could be wrong.. :thumbs:
  • Like 1

just an update people,hav,nt heard from the shoot yet !!!either by phone or e mail .there is no keeper on the shoot as such ....run by a father and son iam lead to belive,and they run the shoot between them .and it is a walked up shoot not driven although this does,nt make any difference if you,ve paid £500 OR £5000 !!! AND AS FOR ME NOT GOING !!!for one i work for myself including weekends and hav family as most of us do ,so when i had,nt had proper confirmation ,apart from a shoot date 4 wks before by txt !!.I I went to work,there was no bloody way i was turning up under someone else,s name not even knowing a start time etc....also having spoke to basc about the matter they said under no circumstances never shoot under someone elses name ,because if anything happens all youre insurance is void.as one of the earlier posts pointed out >>>.also they didnt give me anything.... (ie i should have gone remark) I paid for half a gun which equates to about 6 days shooting!!! if they were struggling finance or anything else ,a phone call with an apology with money back and a hand shake would have been fine >>>>>.thats how i work manners dont cost s :censored: it. So they have one day left to pay ,then i will pay going over to see either them, or land owner !!.then maybe small claims court (if poss). ps))thanks for positive posts .

• Like 1