rip off shoot beware !!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For fucks sake name and shame or shut the f**k up you whining bitch what's the point of putting the original post up if your not going to do something about it why bother texting the man go see him fa

Think you need to turn up on a shoot day and ask for an explanation and or a full refund

Aye don't get yourself in trouble but don't let them get away with it. Tell the fella you'll be meeting him at the first drive and you expect your money to be in his wallet ready to refund you in full

Sweethill list pheasant,partridge and duck on their site :whistling: BUT the guy does not have the sporting rights to shoot any game only PESTS on the 6 fields he owns :yes: he keeps a few chickens on there but no sheep or cattle so what constitutes a pest?

Y.I.S Leeview

Glad you've cleared a few things up leethetree, Lab-tastic, i'm not sure how you do things in your neck of the woods but around here if you pay for something, by definition that means you have bought it in good faith, if someone gives you something it generally means you've got it for nothing, much like an invite or guest day, i've been a member of a few syndicates on either full or half gun basis, and sometimes the guest thats paid nothing gets the lions share of the shooting but as the saying goes "you pays yer money, you takes yer chance".You are right leethetree did'nt turn up, i know that, cos he states it in big green letters, but you are missing the point, rightly or wronly HE DID'NT WANT TO!!!, he had a very good reason to believe he'd been ripped off, he paid a sum of money in good faith with the intention of joining that syndicate, it matters not whether he paid £200 or £20.000, or whether he's a full or half gun, he was disrespected by the shoot that WAS paid to run around after him, whether that was the keeper, shoot captain or captain pugwash.

• Like 2

Putting the way he has been treated aside, and yes a refund is due but you need to be coy about it as you cant prove you paid it, suggest you pay a visit in a nice way no shouting no arguements, but have a phone in a good position and record the conversation and get him to admit you paid him, then start a claim through small courts. Even the threat of it may make him pay up, if you took the amount out of the bank and there is a record of this tranaction it will help a small way. Doesn't mean you gave it to him but the courts would go with the fact you sign court papers to say you paid and hopefully someone saw you pay him. Will he sign to say you didn't.

Also and this is a question..

Surely if you shoot in someone's name you are still insured, all it means is that Joe bloggs who is a member cannot do that day so his place free, some syndicates allow you to let a friend stand in for you. Others sell the spaces. You are shooting on your insurance and are still covered, if you need to make a claim against someone for injury from the day you do so on their insurance. It's no difference to being a guest for the day.

For fucks sake name and shame or shut the f**k up you whining bitch what's the point of putting the original post up if your not going to do something about it why bother texting the man go see him face to face also why won't you name the shoot so other folk don't get ripped off?????

• Like 5

Putting the way he has been treated aside, and yes a refund is due but you need to be coy about it as you cant prove you paid it, suggest you pay a visit in a nice way no shouting no arguements, but have a phone in a good position and record the conversation and get him to admit you paid him, then start a claim through small courts. Even the threat of it may make him pay up, if you took the amount out of the bank and there is a record of this tranaction it will help a small way. Doesn't mean you gave it to him but the courts would go with the fact you sign court papers to say you paid and hopefully someone saw you pay him. Will he sign to say you didn't.

Also and this is a question..

Surely if you shoot in someone's name you are still insured, all it means is that Joe bloggs who is a member cannot do that day so his place free, some syndicates allow you to let a friend stand in for you. Others sell the spaces. You are shooting on your insurance and are still covered, if you need to make a claim against someone for injury from the day you do so on their insurance. It's no difference to being a guest for the day.

Never ever shoot under somebody elses name!! Regardless of ifs and buts they WILL try and find every which way round it to avoid paying out.

• Like 1

just do as rex digger says or i think it should be closed [the post] people read it and expect it to be named /shamed but you seem to be avoiding that SIMPLE question -billy ps i think you have been ripped off and im on your side

update:the shoot is Waplington warren shoot ,nr Allerthorpe ,York, north yorks

this is run by dan peacock and his father,also ive met two other people this wkd ,on another shoot who also have paid him for

half a gun and are being ripped off aswell,i bet there,s more out there .pls leave any info if this is you.

• Like 1

update:the shoot is Waplington warren shoot ,nr Allerthorpe ,York, north yorks

this is run by dan peacock and his father,also ive met two other people this wkd ,on another shoot who also have paid him for

half a gun and are being ripped off aswell,i bet there,s more out there .pls leave any info if this is you.

How hard was that ?.

• 2 weeks later...

as someone has said try and get it recorded on the mobile. either talking to them face to face or talking to them over the phone if you can.

if you can get somthing recorded that proves you paid for it then youhave good leverage.

this simple procedure has saved me over £10k in deal once with a high profile legal firm which tried to ip me off.

what ever you decide to do after that will be helped by the evidence. sometimes people will hint at what they have done and if its recorded then you can use this to your advantage.

I think I would contact guns on pegs and let them know what's gone on, if you found the shoot through there website they need to be made aware of the situation and get the others you have found to do the same it will make your claims seem more genuine.

Post the shoot name as a rip off on as many forums as you can as often as you can be bothered over the next few years. this will cost them money in the long run.

Good luck getting your money back