Rhodesian Ridgeback cross???

Anyone ever use any dogs with a bit of this breed in them, a mate of mine has a fine example and reckons if I lethis dog cover my lurcher, the results would be unreal dogs for bursting foxes, I think he's just tryin to get his dog laid.

There's loads of crosses that are bursting for fox

aye and them f*****g burrowing rabbits :blink::laugh:

haha you got to laugh ehh? , il be at yours about 11 ish. Hopefully we have something for the mutts lol

And I don't know, if you think he wants to just get his dog laid don't do it..btw what x is your bitch ?

There's loads of crosses that are bursting for fox

aye and them f*****g burrowing rabbits :blink::laugh:

haha you got to laugh ehh? , il be at yours about 11 ish. Hopefully we have something for the mutts lol

And I don't know, if you think he wants to just get his dog laid don't do it..btw what x is your bitch ?

She's greyhoundxwhippetxbull, greyhoundxwhippet to look at though.

I wouldn't bother myself. It's defeating the object of why you had her, bet she goes like stink and can turn on a button..what would RR add to the mix? Not a lot I don't think. The quite big dogs.

Thanks Rob, I've no real intention of breeding her at the moment she's 3 now but maybe when she's 5 or 6 I might get a litter from her, my line of thinking with the RR cross was for strictly foxing dogs where power and quick finishing of quarry would be a handy and high speed wouldn't be everything.

Anyone ever use any dogs with a bit of this breed in them, a mate of mine has a fine example and reckons if I lethis dog cover my lurcher, the results would be unreal dogs for bursting foxes, I think he's just tryin to get his dog laid.

i looked after a first cross for a couple of weeks a few years ago. i use to take it to some local fields and let it off the lead and you could just watch it run in a straight line until it got to the hedge then it would just run round the field untill it decided it wanted to come back to you lol. it was faster than i thought for a heavy looking dog. dont know what it worked like but they didnt keep it long.

• Like 1

i had one...

could be dog aggressive , would bite you if he didnt know you ..

he was a deer dog , would catch rabbits and bring them back live to hand ..

he had good stamina ..

he lacked courage when he met foxes , if he was run with another dog he would watch the other dog do all the work ...

i would not buy another dog of this breed as imo there is far better crosses out there :thumbs:

• Like 1

This is mine. Far as I know he is a first cross Ridgeback Greyhound. Has a bit of a thing for sheep which is why he was given up. Not sure if that could be a trait of the breeding so it would pay to be cautious. Doesn't matter for us as I don't work him and my little girl just has him as a pet.

DSC00017.jpg

• Like 1

This is mine. Far as I know he is a first cross Ridgeback Greyhound. Has a bit of a thing for sheep which is why he was given up. Not sure if that could be a trait of the breeding so it would pay to be cautious. Doesn't matter for us as I don't work him and my little girl just has him as a pet.

DSC00017.jpg

That surprised me! Made a tidy enough looking dog.

He's not bad but not really my type as I have my Sals. Was looking for a companion quite a few years back for my collie x and he was looking for a home and my daughter adores him. That pic was taken a couple of years back. We can't get him out as much now as he suffers with arthritis (he is 11) and as he is neutered as well he is getting a bit on the heavy side. Buggar to fit a collar to. Small head and thick neck and chest. They slide right off if youre not careful! :huh: