schmidt & bender 8x56

The build quality of German models is better and also optical properties in low light are different a bit.

i would doubt the light gathering proprties are any better..... both scopes are of identical component parts just assembled in different countries. Build quality ? you'll never know any difference except the price, go for the Hungarian :thumbs:

atb Alan

I have used the 3-12x50 PM11 for years, and also used a 8x56 hungarian for some time on a foxing rifle. The two dont compare in my opinion, and the German models outshine in build quality and glass.

In my opinion :thumbs:

Having said that, I like to adjust for deflection and elevation and the german drums are class!

I have also used the 5-25x and again it is outstanding quality.

To answer your question, I dont know what the technical difference is, but get hands on with them them both, and I know which one you will prefer. That is not to say though, that the hungarian one are not OK. I also have to admit, that I have not used a german 8x56.

You have probably seen it yourself Deker, but there is loads on the interweb, about the two, and some opinions say that the only difference is that Hungary only make fixed power ones, whilst the clever little german engineers make the vari power models.

Make your own mind up :laugh:

This may explain, why I have never shot a german 8x56!

You have probably seen it yourself Deker, but there is loads on the interweb, about the two, and some opinions say that the only difference is that Hungary only make fixed power ones, whilst the clever little german engineers make the vari power models.

Make your own mind up :laugh:

This may explain, why I have never shot a german 8x56!

You can get Hungarian models with variable magnification also. 1.25-4x24, 2.5-10x56 and 3-12x50

However, optical properties of German models are better!

well i thought you of all people Deker of many posts would know, it just goes to show post count means jack,being a sniper of various countrys forces :victory: who tend to put the best glass going on top, ive yet to see the lesser quailty on top, the german made and i must say the older the better do have better glass, what are you trying to say that they sell the same scope for diff prices :icon_redface: you will only know by trying the two, me if you painted both scopes white i would tell you which was german and which was not :toast:

• Like 1

The build quality of German models is better and also optical properties in low light are different a bit.

i would doubt the light gathering proprties are any better..... both scopes are of identical component parts just assembled in different countries. Build quality ? you'll never know any difference except the price, go for the Hungarian :thumbs:

atb Alan

agreed. i went and bought a german, but my mate owns a hungarian. the low light conditions were identical

i went and bought the German Schmidt & bender 8x56, my mate has the Hungarian version and they are exactly the same. other than one says German and other Hungarian i then wished i had bought the Hungarian and saved money. i wouldn't swap the scope for any other. once i zeroed it in ive never had to adjust it. it has held zero. they are unbelievably clear. especially when lamping at night. i was shocked.

• 2 weeks later...

the only difference is they can offer the Hungarian. model cheaper because labour costs are cheaper there then in germany. the glass and all other parts they use are the same.

its just there put together in different countrys,

Edited by jamie g